PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be the next democratic governor?

zatoh
02-16-2006, 1:16 PM
Like it or not our next governor will most likely be a democrat. So among those likely to run who do you think will be our worst nightmare? Feinstein? Lockyear? Villaragosa? Bustamante? Nunez?:confused:

Is/Are there a viable republican/independent or pro 2nd democtratic candidate(s)?

Lastly, are we screwed if Dianne Feinstein or Bill Lockyear becomes the state's chief executive?

DSA_FAL
02-16-2006, 1:26 PM
Currently there are only two Democrats who've declared; Phil Angelides and some other dem whose name I can't remember. From what I gather talking to some of my democrat friends, the party seems to be uniting around Angelides. Therefore, I don't expect any more democrats to declare. Personally, I think Angelides is a really uncompelling candidate so I think Arnold may squeak by with a very narrow victory. The only thing saving the Republicans from their incompetence is the fact that the Democratic party has been even more incompetent over the last few years and unable to take advantage of Republican mistakes.

grammaton76
02-16-2006, 1:33 PM
I don't think that senators at the federal level would be even remotely interested in becoming governors.

I'd see Feinstein and Boxer as being far more interested in running for VP under Hillary's ticket whenever she tries...

ArmedBear
02-16-2006, 2:19 PM
I don't think that senators at the federal level would be even remotely interested in becoming governors.

I'd see Feinstein and Boxer as being far more interested in running for VP under Hillary's ticket whenever she tries...

Yeah, love 'em or hate 'em, Governors work for a living. No Senator would be dumb enough to want to work for a living.

And we'd be screwed with any Democrat, if they rubber-stamp what comes out of the Politburo -- I mean Legislature. And I don't just mean RKBA, I mean we the state are screwed. Arnold's few vetoes have been far better than Davis' rubberstamping.

caduckgunner
02-16-2006, 2:23 PM
Like it or not our next governor will most likely be a democrat. So among those likely to run who do you think will be our worst nightmare? Feinstein? Lockyear? Villaragosa? Bustamante? Nunez?:confused:

Is/Are there a viable republican/independent or pro 2nd democtratic candidate(s)?

Lastly, are we screwed if Dianne Feinstein or Bill Lockyear becomes the state's chief executive?

Texas her I come:D

PanzerAce
02-16-2006, 3:21 PM

All that will do is make SURE that they lose :)

mechandy
02-16-2006, 3:27 PM
Seems to me with our current one we have one already :(.

shopkeep
02-16-2006, 4:35 PM
Current data and research shows that due to a lack of good opponents it is most likely that Arnold will win another term. Especially given the A** kissing he did for the Democraps.

rssslvr
02-16-2006, 4:39 PM
repub or dem unless the rkba passes i think cali is a lost cause.Too many damn soccer moms and other anti's:mad:
can't we just put them on an island somewhere

edbon9
02-16-2006, 5:05 PM
didn't pete wilson leave the senate to run for governor or did he get trounced by Feinstein/Boxer before running for Governor?

edbon9
02-16-2006, 5:11 PM
Yup. Pete Wilson ran for governor while still in the senate against Feinstein.

1990 Pete Wilson
Republican
48.7% Dianne Feinstein
Democrat
46.3%

she won the senate against the guy Wilson appointed, John Seymour. so there are cases where Senators run for Governors. Hopefully she won't follow suit.

grammaton76
02-16-2006, 5:18 PM
so there are cases where Senators run for Governors. Hopefully she won't follow suit.

Heh, the funny thing is that guys in free states would be begging for her to become a CA governor just so that she'll get out of the federal pot.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 7:39 PM
Texas her I come:D

See while part of me understand where you are coming from....I must admit it is discouraging to hear that like minded folks are leaving rather than fighting. I have thought of moving, but I cant, my entire family has been here for over 7 generations....and its so damn beautiful.

caduckgunner
02-16-2006, 8:52 PM
See while part of me understand where you are coming from....I must admit it is discouraging to hear that like minded folks are leaving rather than fighting. I have thought of moving, but I cant, my entire family has been here for over 7 generations....and its so damn beautiful.

I plan on moving anyways, and not just because of the gun laws. My wife is a school teacher and doesn't make jack and my salari isn't huge either so we can't afford to buy a house and raise a family in this state. I can but a house in Texas for 125K that would cost at least 325K (In the Victorville area). It's just to damn expensive. The fact that I don't agree with the direction the state is going just helps with the choice to leave. I wil atill hep fight the fight when I can. Even if I'm gone by this summer, I will send money to the screw DOJ lowers fund!;)

stealthmode
02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
i thought arnie was already a democrat

C.G.
02-16-2006, 11:57 PM
i thought arnie was already a democrat
Mostly by marriage!:D