PDA

View Full Version : DFG and HSUS

trautert
04-05-2010, 3:03 PM
Last year the California Department of Fish and Game accepted a $5,000 grant from the Humane Society of the U.S. to offset the costs of feeding the Department's K-9s. Most of you are probably aware that HSUS is the single largest, best funded, and most virulently anti-hunting organization in the country.

According to the April 2, 2010 issue of Western Outdoor News, the DFG has again accepted HSUS' money, and in fact, refused the offer of up to $20,000 from the member groups of COHA (California Outdoor Heritage Alliance) toward that same use, contingent on DFG returning HSUS' money.

DFG's Chief of Enforcement, Nancy Foley, declined that offer, and asked HSUS for money again this year, and suggested that this would be a long term arrangement. Starts to sound like the fox guarding the hen house to me.

Two years ago at the annual Hunter Education Instructor conference, HEI's were instructed that as agents of the state, they could not make negative comments about bad regulations, like the science-less lead ban in the so-called Condor Range. Now this serial slap in the face.

The state is taking money from funds that were directed to be used for specific purposes (like upland game habitat) and transferring it to the general fund for pet (social engineering) projects. Fishing up and down the coast is being regulated (read strangulated) out of existence. Now the chief enforcement officer of the state is clearly in bed with the most anti-hunting organization in the nation.

I will be forwarding my resignation, effective this date, to the Hunter Education Department. I cannot defend an agency that is this duplicitous, and I will not surrender my ethics for their greed. Therefore I cannot serve any longer as a Hunter Education Instructor.

Tom

professionalcoyotehunter
04-05-2010, 3:07 PM
CA DFG never makes any sense.

Fishseeker
04-05-2010, 3:23 PM
Cannot say I blame you.

Bearclaw
04-05-2010, 3:48 PM
I will be forwarding my resignation, effective this date, to the Hunter Education Department. I cannot defend an agency that is this duplicitous, and I will not surrender my ethics for their greed. Therefore I cannot serve any longer as a Hunter Education Instructor.

Tom

Sorry that we're going to loose a good instructor, but on the bright side...at least there are still SOME people out there who won't compromise their ethics for money!

bigboarstopper
04-05-2010, 3:51 PM
HSUS has been getting on the nerves of the DFG commision members. They have been at numerous meetings and voiced their opinion about closing certain seasions and imposing more restriction. The commision dosent look too favorably at the HSUS lately. For more info watch some of the commision meetings via online.

Fireguy
04-06-2010, 1:54 AM
Retired F&G employee told me that being a non hunter is plus when when applying for a job at F&G.

boarcrz
04-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Retired F&G employee told me that being a non hunter is plus when when applying for a job at F&G.

:shock:

10ga-killa
04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
...at least there are still SOME people out there who won't compromise their ethics for money!

So very true, I see it everyday in the...

Bearclaw
04-06-2010, 2:55 PM

How can they even be allowed to ask that question anywhere throughout the hiring process??? I'm no lawyer, but I think that could cause grounds for discrimination.

Fireguy
04-06-2010, 11:39 PM
If you know the agency has an agenda you say something like I believe in what DFG is doing even though I'm not a hunter. The word is out among about the anti's in DFG, if the kid wants a job you tell them what they want to hear.

Hunt
04-07-2010, 3:45 AM
CA DFG never makes any sense.

I am convinced anti hunter extremist have infiltrated the management of DFG. CA is the harbinger State, if they can slow hunting rights here the nationwide implications are big. Actually I took a 20 haitus from hunting as I had become so urbanized and have decided to finish my days hunting partly for the enjoyment and partly to spite the Kommunist.