PDA

View Full Version : Another CA legal AR-mag compatible rifle...

shooterx10
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Has anyone seen (or currently have) the Volquartsen Evolution rifle? Apparently, it takes AR mags. Also, they were at Shot Show 2006 as well. However, retail is $1900+!

https://www.volquartsen.com/images/rifles/evolution.jpg

Here is the link: https://www.volquartsen.com/vc//pages/public/ListItems.jsp?id=10

3GunFunShooter
02-16-2006, 10:44 AM
I read that they weigh 10 lbs.
Nice looking rifle!

bu-bye
02-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah most of us have seen them but its just WAY to much money. You could get a very nice M1A for that price and maybe have enough for optics.

shopkeep
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
No to mention the berretta RX-4 Storm will be here soon for $900.

ArmedBear
02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
It's not comparable to the M1A or the new Beretta. It's a varmint or target rifle.

The more the merrier. They're all different.:)

Yes, it is spec'd at 10 lb. Also available in .204 Ruger.

SirMikeAlot
02-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Nice looking but pricey, and heavy :eek:

slo5oh
02-16-2006, 1:29 PM
Yeah most of us have seen them but its just WAY to much money. You could get a very nice M1A for that price and maybe have enough for optics.

+1 vote to spend your $$$ on an M1a. :)

phish
02-16-2006, 1:44 PM
Looks liks Volquartsen's moving up in the world! When I read the first post I was wondering: AR mag in a rimfire??? :D

If it's a .204, then it's targeted to the high-end varmint blasters, but it should be a well made rifle.

ArmedBear
02-16-2006, 2:17 PM
An M1A and this rifle wouldn't even interest the same people, unless they're collectors who want whatever's out there regardless of purpose.

It's expensive for the same reason that a Volquartsen rimfire is expensive: low-production, perfect hand machining, a high-end stock, a high-end barrel, and incredible accuracy.

It's a .223 or .204, not a .308. It's made to group a lot smaller than an M1A, not to work as an all-around military/field rifle.

I'm not rushing out to buy one, but I wouldn't compare it to the M1A. You could choose your criteria and bash either rifle, when both are excellent -- for their intended purposes.

kantstudien
02-16-2006, 4:00 PM
Wow, thanks Volquartsen, it would have been nice to deliver these about two years ago. :rolleyes: I think with the current lower situation, they should hold off mass production (which shouldn't be hard for them) since no one is really interested in a 2K+ rifle versus a $200 lower.

grammaton76
02-16-2006, 4:09 PM
Wow, thanks Volquartsen, it would have been nice to deliver these about two years ago. :rolleyes: I think with the current lower situation, they should hold off mass production (which shouldn't be hard for them) since no one is really interested in a 2K+ rifle versus a $200 lower.

1. These were not designed for the CA market explicitly, they just happen to fit within our laws.

2. They're for the hunting-rifle and precision-rifle crowd. And for gun snobs who like having expensive guns just because.

Their $2K+ rifle will probably drill tacks at some ungodly distance.

Our lowers, at heart, are meant to pump lead downrange, with pretty good accuracy. If we want to touch the accuracy of that $2k+ rifle, it's probably going to cost around $2k+ for the comparable AR.

On the other hand, the Volq rifle gives the prestige-gun crowd the pretty wood stock that they all drool over, plus bragging rights. :)