PDA

View Full Version : MagLock Kit Questions.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Anyone with experience with these MagLock Kits?
http://www.sportingconversions.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=1044

How long does it take to install?

I will be traveling into an "AR Friendly" state soon and plan on taking my CA legal .223 rifle with me.

How long will it take to uninstall the MagLock device and put the rifle in proper working order?

Thanks.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Ever threaded a nut onto a bolt? About that long.

Yes....I've threaded a bolt.:D

I'm really looking for a mere estimate to completely remove the Maglock kit and install the proper parts. Start to finish ready to shoot.....estimates?

Thanks.

kantstudien
02-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Why the rush? Planning on encountering zombie resistance at the border?

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Why the rush? Planning on encountering zombie resistance at the border?

Only if I am lucky....;)

Lets just say I want to be proficient with the process. Being that my lower is not built yet I have not had the opportunity to "practice" myself. Just curious if others have first hand experience.

Thanks.

C.G.
02-16-2006, 1:18 AM
Oops I was wrong it takes a bit more time than just threading a nut on a bolt. Pick up wrench. Loosen nut. Remove nut. Put down wrench and nut. Remove spacer. Pick up mag catch spring. Insert mag catch spring. Pick up mag release button. Insert mag release button. Apply pressure to mag catch button to oppose spring force. Thread mag catch into mag release button.

Probably took me longer to type this.

What! No pics and diagrams?:eek: :D

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 4:16 AM
Oops I was wrong it takes a bit more time than just threading a nut on a bolt. Pick up wrench. Loosen nut. Remove nut. Put down wrench and nut. Remove spacer. Pick up mag catch spring. Insert mag catch spring. Pick up mag release button. Insert mag release button. Apply pressure to mag catch button to oppose spring force. Thread mag catch into mag release button.

Probably took me longer to type this.

Well...How in the hell do I know how long it took you to write that? You could be a quadrapalegic that types with a pencil in you rmouth.:eek:

2min?

5min?

10min?

:D

tenpercentfirearms
02-16-2006, 5:18 AM
5 minutes if you have an IEP. 2 minutes for you mainstreamers.

DV8
02-16-2006, 5:19 AM
geez....:rolleyes:

JWC6
02-16-2006, 6:42 AM
heh, I wonder how many people know what that is? :D

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 9:04 AM
Haha...thanks :D

DSA_FAL
02-16-2006, 9:17 AM

Now wait a minute, not all of us take the short yellow bus to school.

bu-bye
02-16-2006, 9:37 AM
HAHAHAHA this is all to funny :D

The first time took me no more then 3 min and I was just guessing on the process. Now I could remove the nut and install the real config in under 60 seconds. Its very easy to do.

jtyoshi
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
3 days if u some how manage to strip ur mag catch by over tightening the nut and after 2 hours of cursing... u deciede to order one from Brownells.

PIRATE14
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
3 days if u some how manage to strip ur mag catch by over tightening the nut and after 2 hours of cursing... u deciede to order one from Brownells.

Now that's funny.....as hell:D

AggregatVier
02-16-2006, 2:53 PM
If you rethread the mag release post and then cut down both the spacer and the release post so the bolt is completely below the surface of the receiver (and has more thread engaged than the stock installation), it will take about 15 minutes with a dremel tool. :rolleyes:

Matt C
02-16-2006, 4:10 PM
About 30 seconds if you practice it a bit. Bottom line, it is REALLY easy.

wutzu
02-16-2006, 5:34 PM

mom taught special ed for 6 years and it still took me a few minutes (and remembering 10%'s a teacher) to remember what it was. I was thinking "IEP...must be some special electric screwdriver or something..." College has definitely ruined me.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 5:49 PM
mom taught special ed for 6 years and it still took me a few minutes (and remembering 10%'s a teacher) to remember what it was. I was thinking "IEP...must be some special electric screwdriver or something..." College has definitely ruined me.

Cal Poly huh.....my cousins went there......that actually explains alot.:D

Justang
02-16-2006, 6:05 PM
Easy... just don't overtighten, you'll break your mag catch.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-16-2006, 6:14 PM
See, part of my problem is this is my first AR. I have no concept of how the thing is built...internally and all. I'm sure once I get into the thing it will be a breaze.

I am still giddy at times just thinking about the whole thing. I just finalized and ordered the rest of my build for the most part. This is gonna be it:

Lauer Lower
I have an LMT M4 Upper on order. 14.5 inch barrel with a permanently attached Phantom 5C2. Bringing the total length of the barrel to just over 16 inches.
Daniel Defense 7.0 FF Handguard.
Troy Rear BUIS

I have the biggest smile on my face just talking about it. I cant wait to build this *****!!!

ldivinag
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM
dont worry...

i was a total n00b too.

fortunately, i was able to get my hands on a fully built lower as one of my "arsenals" so i was able to practice...

it took me a while to figure out how to make that catch come out.

i guess i was worried about looking like a n00b or being that "guy with the dumb question"...

so now, i have 4 uppers and 1 fully built lower that they all have gone on. lol...

and i just got the LPK and the stocks.

so this weekend will be fun fun fun... building up the rest of the lowers...

:crossing fingers: