View Full Version : Out of state travel

02-15-2006, 6:05 PM
Okay, I have two related scenarios I'm hoping for some insight into. Both are set within the context of traveling to another state (not driving) for training and getting my weapon there as well.

Scenario #1 - The off list lowers have been listed as AW's and properly registered: What are my options? In this case, from what I understand, I would need to have a dealer with an AW permit ship my rifle to an FFL in the destination state, and then have that dealer ship it back to my permitted dealer. From what I read in a very recent post, it seems that most dealers are quite reticent to provide this service as it can greatly affect their permit fee. Can I fly with my weapon insured at full value? If this scenario were the case, I would be more worried about the unrecoverable nature of the weapon, rather than monetary losses. What would you do?

Scenario #2 - The offlist lowers are not listed and the situation remains as is: Do I still need a local FFL to ship to the destination's dealer, or can I ship it directly? I've gathered that regardless of AW status, the rifle's return journey would still have to go to my local ffl, correct?. Any different/looser logistic restrictions for flying with it? Help?


02-19-2006, 7:02 PM
:rolleyes: Saw your other post...with the M1a and a JAE its good to go but I would not fool with the lower situation at this time... Drive it locked & hidden and if you get pulled over... tell them to get a search warrant.