PDA

View Full Version : UNSUBSCRIBE!!!

Tom Militano
04-04-2010, 9:01 AM
I've been trying to unsubscribe from this site for a while now, to no avail. How about handling that for me.

freonr22
04-04-2010, 9:10 AM
aint gonna happen

freonr22
04-04-2010, 9:16 AM
ohh and by the way, Welcome!

CSACANNONEER
04-04-2010, 9:18 AM
Why? If you don't want to be here, just don't log on. If the occassional email bothers you, just SPAM it. Personally, I'm interested in knowing why you want to unsubscribe?

bigwhitetruck
04-04-2010, 5:30 PM
There is always the option of getting permanently banned, but seriously why do u want to leave us? If you really want to delete your account, but just can't figure it out, you might want to ask one of the Moderators for help.

VegasND
04-04-2010, 6:00 PM
There is always the option of getting permanently banned, but seriously why do u want to leave us? If you really want to delete your account, but just can't figure it out, you might want to ask one of the Moderators for help.
Or, he could ask Randall.

ChrisTKHarris
04-04-2010, 6:14 PM
A perm ban would solve your problem. LOL

fabguy
04-04-2010, 6:22 PM
Maybe a liberal anti- gun kinda guy :confused:.... not saying, but.....

Peter W Bush
04-04-2010, 6:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Or start a racist anti-LEO racist thread. That'll get you unsubscribed.

ChrisTKHarris
04-04-2010, 6:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl:

GMG
04-04-2010, 6:27 PM
Just turn off your computer!!!!!!!:43:

fabguy
04-04-2010, 7:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO yup :useless:

turbosbox
04-04-2010, 7:23 PM
I think this is a very fair question.
It isn't simply not logging in. It is a "remove me from your members list" sort of request. Not only emails.
One reason that comes to mind a person might way to do that, even if they remain pro-gun, is applying or holding a high level clearance.
Anyone familiar with that process knows one question asked is what groups you are affiliated with. It doesn't ask how many posts you made or if you read CG "spam" emails.
Simply listing a site with the name "CAL GUNS" might cause a few to worry, even more worrisome are people who are affiliated with CG who appear to be radical militia minded, e.g. anti-government, anti-LEA. This could cause a delay or denial of their clearance, and or their job.

I have no "inside knowledge" of how CG is viewed in this regards now, but for sure with enough problem postings...walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Simply not admitting things is also not the way to go on the application either.

The CG group officers need to be able to remove persons from their membership, and the members need to be able to self remove without cause.

I've made allusions to this in the past, with some dimwits saying "take your ball and go home", but here is an example why I also might want to ask for dis-affiliation at some point. It isn't about being banned for calling someone a loser.

Mr Wizard
04-04-2010, 8:45 PM
I have to sorta agree with turbosbox.
If I thought I was under investigation by "black helicopter types" I know I would want to disassociate myself from any sites that might be considered anti-something. Not that I am anti-anything, I just sayin'...

Peter W Bush
04-04-2010, 8:48 PM
I have seen threads that simply said something like "please delete my account and my posts asap."

They were gone within minutes.

HUTCH 7.62
04-04-2010, 8:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

^LOL this:) .....Or try to overthrow Kestryll's rule by starting an anti Kestryll thread

Peter W Bush
04-04-2010, 9:05 PM
^LOL this:) .....Or try to overthrow Kestryll's rule by starting an anti Kestryll thread

Do it! We can dethrone him if we stick together!
:hide:

jdberger
04-04-2010, 9:19 PM
:lurk5:

freonr22
04-04-2010, 9:26 PM
Tom Militano

the weird thing was, when he posted this thread it was his first post.... i dont get it??

artherd
04-04-2010, 9:32 PM
CGN will delete you upon request, however with google you're never really gone to begin with. Looks like it's already been done above.

One reason that comes to mind a person might way to do that, even if they remain pro-gun, is applying or holding a high level clearance.

I can speak from personal experience that your tinfoil is too tight in this situation. (plus see above.)

jafount
04-04-2010, 9:33 PM
I don't consider a message board on the internet belonging to a group.

HUTCH 7.62
04-04-2010, 9:41 PM
I don't consider a message board on the internet belonging to a group.

It's not what you think it's DA MAN with dem black helimocopter yo:TFH:

artherd
04-04-2010, 10:08 PM
It's not what you think it's DA MAN with dem black helimocopter yo:TFH:

Do you 'belong' to google? Yahoo? Facebook? c'mon...

turbosbox
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
CGN will delete you upon request, ...

I can speak from personal experience that your tinfoil is too tight in this situation. (plus see above.)

Edit:
I was going to post some credentials, but instead, please delete me and my posts.

freonr22
04-04-2010, 11:07 PM
but turbo, you just got gold status, ....

warbird
04-04-2010, 11:19 PM
This is a distrubing thread for a newcomer like me when I hear someone ask to be deleted because they found themselves someplace they do not want to be and they catch this much flack, even good naturedly. And it is even more distrubing when someone like turbo says what he said on his last post considering he made gold status whatever that is. When you scare off a CGN contributor something is not right. What is going on?

turbosbox
04-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't have the answers to part of your question. I found the OP being banned in another forum. I would be left to guess it could be part of a court order or investigation or self initiated???

I find Ben's flippant response to a serious concern disconcerting.
Maye while I wait to be erased, he can explain how Defense Investigative Services works now since I have no idea...

freonr22
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Well Thanks for making me google it. since im on their list now, I may as well link what they are and tag you along with it. Again Thanks.

http://www.dss.mil/

DSS Vision

DSS is the premier provider of personnel and industrial security services in the Department of Defense, improving the security of our nation and its warfighters.
DSS Mission

DSS supports national security and the warfighter, secures the nation's technological base, and oversees the protection of US and foreign classified information in the hands of industry.
We accomplish this mission by: Clearing industrial facilities, personnel and associated information systems; collecting, analyzing and providing threat information to industry and government partners; managing foreign ownership control and influence in cleared industry, providing advice and oversight to industry; delivering security education and training; and, providing information technology services that support the industrial security mission of DoD and its partner agencies.

http://www.dss.mil/about_dss/images/aboutdss.jpg

CONTRIBUTING TO NATIONAL SECURITY

The Defense Security Service (DSS) is an agency of the Department of Defense (DoD) located in Alexandria, Virginia with field offices throughout the United States. The Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence provides authority, direction and control over DSS. DSS provides the military services, Defense Agencies, 23 federal agencies and approximately 13,000 cleared contractor facilities with security support services.

CORE MISSION AREAS
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY PROGRAM (http://www.dss.mil/isp/industrial_sec.html)
DSS administers and implements the defense portion of the National Industrial Security Program pursuant to Executive Order 12829. Approximately 285 Industrial Security Representatives are spread across the U.S. in four geographic regions. They provide oversight and assistance to cleared contractor facilities and assist the organization's management and Facility Security Officers in ensuring the protection of national security information. DSS has responsibility for approximately 13,000 cleared contractor facilities. DISCO, located in Columbus, Ohio, processes requests for industrial personnel security investigations and provides eligibility or clearance determinations for cleared industry personnel under the NISP.
SECURITY EDUCATION, TRAINING AND AWARENESS PROGRAM (http://dssa.dss.mil/seta/seta.html)
SETA is located in Linthicum, Md., and oversees the missions of the DSS Academy (DSSA) and SETA Services. The DSS Academy provides security education and training to Department of Defense (DoD) and other U.S. Government personnel, employees of U.S. Government contractors, and, when sponsored by authorized DoD Components, employees of foreign governments. Its professional staff of instructors, technology professionals, and education support personnel combine expertise to create, collaborate and facilitate delivery of quality education and training across the Industrial, Information, Personnel, and Physical security disciplines, as well as select communities of practice. SETA Services provides security awareness, outreach, professional development, and performance support based products and services to the DoD security community (civilian, military, and industry). This mission is accomplished through four branches: Creative Services, Outreach, Awareness, and Professional Development.
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICE (CIO) (http://www.dss.mil/diss/cio.html)
The Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO) supports Automated Information Systems and telecommunications for the Defense Security Service National Industrial Security Program, Counterintelligence activities, and Security Education and Awareness Training. In addition, the CIO plans, programs, and manages the activities associated with the development and implementation of the Enterprise Security System (ESS). This includes the ongoing support and maintenance of the legacy systems that will eventually be integrated components of the ESS.

jdberger
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM
If Ben's flippant - it's because his association with CGN hasn't impacted his security clearances at all. He's doing just fine.

It's easy to be "deleted" from Calguns. Stop posting. Stop visiting. And if you're still receiving emails, look to the bottom to find the "unsubscribe" link.

Easy peasy.

warbird
04-04-2010, 11:44 PM
well. after reading your response Freonr22 I guess I might as well stick around and get on another ----list if that is what this DSS is all about. In my personal opinon from what was posted it sounds more like these "spooks" are an offshoot of the old SS from Germany. And we used to feel sorry for the Russians under their old system of secret police. When did the public authorize these guys?

freonr22
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I think they have been there since pontius pilot and before ......

turbosbox
04-05-2010, 8:16 AM
If Ben's flippant - it's because his association with CGN hasn't impacted his security clearances at all. He's doing just fine.

It's easy to be "deleted" from Calguns. Stop posting. Stop visiting. And if you're still receiving emails, look to the bottom to find the "unsubscribe" link.

Easy peasy.

Not being active is not the same as being dis-enrolled. Or removed from the group.

This isn't jump on Ben day, and posts like yours are reasons people might want to not be part of CG. But since you brought up Ben and a high level clearance doing just fine, you are sure he reported his recent arrest as is required for holding such clearance if indeed he does?

Again to clarify, I have no information any service including DSS is currently actively investigating anyone here including CG members or this forum. Currently I do NOT work with DSS or any investigative services nor do I perform or assist in investigations.

EDIT: I do not want to add a reply and bring this thread to the top again, talk about beating a dead horse !:beatdeadhorse5: I wanted to add I sent a PM apology to Ben over this issue. Enough said.

artherd
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I've been a C-level exec in a Federal contracting company for a long time.

Without going into details: I've been up for a high-level DoD clearance and CGN or other message boards weren't an issue that came up at all - nor do I know of any cases in which DSS was involved with CGN, and I am in a position to know.

Frankly I am saddened by the mere suggestion that a web forum membership at CGN could negatively reflect upon someone, and will investigate any verace reports of same. 1A is just as important and protected as 2A.

PM Kestryll or one of the mods and he will delete you - but keep two things in mind with regards to CGN:
1. Thanks to google and a dozen other search engines, nothing is really deleted from the internet.
2. This is 2010. You are as much an 'associate' here as you are a member of Yahoo, Facebook, Google, etc.
3. Expect everything you post on CGN or anywhere else on the internet to be read back to you, by a Senator.

After all that, relax and enjoy. There really is no reason to be paranoid.

If anyone has been negatively impacted by their reading of CGN, please contact me via PM.

clodhopper
04-05-2010, 1:10 PM
If your security clearance is high enough for you to be worried about if you are involved with something on the internet then you have no worries! The "powers to be" already know about your affiliation and only ask the question to see if you will lie to them. The lying part is what bothers them!:mad:

Clod

Baconator
04-05-2010, 2:04 PM
:TFH:

artherd
04-05-2010, 2:58 PM
If your security clearance is high enough for you to be worried about if you are involved with something on the internet then you have no worries! The "powers to be" already know about your affiliation and only ask the question to see if you will lie to them. The lying part is what bothers them!:mad:

Clod

THIS.

Kestryll
04-05-2010, 8:13 PM
*sigh*

Okay, everyone take two steps back and three deep breaths.

Both turbosbox and artherd bring up valid points from different sides of the equation and both have valid reasons for responding to the other with concern.

The major issue I see that Ben would have with tb's post is that those seeing it who are not members could easily decide "I don't want to join this forum, I'll be associated with 'XXXXX'." based on the concerns voiced in tb's post. I think it's a valid concern on some level but I think one that is not as significant to everyone else as it is to Ben, myself and some others who are doing all we can to grow Calguns in order to have a louder voice politically.

I also think turbosbox makes some accurate points with his post regarding how CGN can, not necessarily is but can, be seen by those reading it for the first time or scanning it for content. Places like Off Topic can lend a bit of a skewed view of CGN to the outsider and this is both an excellent argument for self-policing and if you know the company or group to be overly cautious or biased a point of concern with an employment screening.

I think Ben might be a bit more vehement in his expression of his concern than is really needed but I also know this is because of his interest in and concern for the well being of CGN as a community and as a forum.

I think turbosbox may have taken Ben's off-handed remark a little more to heart than and given it a bit more weight than it was intended to carry and felt insulted by it.

I would suggest everyone take a bit to calm down and see it from the other person's perspective for a moment.
You may not agree with them but you may well get a better understanding of their concerns.

As demonstrated by the OP, I will remove an account if asked.
I will look in to recent post history first to make sure someone is not trying to 'duck out' on a bad deal or something but barring that it's your call.

Turbosbox, if you really want your account deleted I will do that but I'd like to talk to you about it via PM first if you don't mind.