PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Stag lower to Palm Dessert

FormerLaCrescentan
02-14-2006, 6:01 PM
I'm a former Californian, who now lives in Pennsylvania. My brother still resides in California, Palm Dessert to be exact. I have the best memories of going to B&B Wholesale, North Hollywood (Oxnard Street?), most every weekend, circa 1980-1988. They always had the best *****!

I am an avid collector/stockpiler/weapon builder. Let's just say I am the most well armed person I know, but don't have a single rifle (that I now realize) isn't a felony in California:D !

I have some Stag lowers and would like to send a couple to my brother. I just started reading up on this and I am a bit overwhelmed with all the data. There are no restrictions in Pennsylvania, and I left California in 1990, so this is new territory for me.

I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction. Can I ship my brother the Stag lowers through an FFL? Any dealer recommendations? Are there quantity restrictions? Can I leave the LPK's in (no grips or stocks)?

I really loved California and its people. It is a beautiful state.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I really appreciate it.

PanzerAce
02-14-2006, 6:21 PM
if it is a stag, you are free to send it to him through a FFL (though you are his brother, so might be able to just hand it to him). As for LPKs, make sure that if it has the LPK in it with the regular mag catch/release, that there is NO grip or stock on it (just to be safe). My personal recomendation is just send the LPK to him direct, and then deal with the stripped lowers on their own.

WhiteSands
02-23-2006, 2:13 PM
I'm a former Californian, who now lives in Pennsylvania. My brother still resides in California, Palm Dessert to be exact. I have the best memories of going to B&B Wholesale, North Hollywood (Oxnard Street?), most every weekend, circa 1980-1988. They always had the best *****!

Whatever happened to B and B?

stator
02-23-2006, 3:55 PM
Brother to brother does not count.... must go up/down the family tree and not sideways; otherwise it is FFL time. Does your either of your parent live in CA? I agree with the poster above... strip it down and mail the non-lower receiver parts directly to him... go through a FFL for the legal receiver. He will need to find one willing in his area. Since this is not a "person-to-person" transfer, the CA restrictions on limiting FFL fees will not apply.

TheMan
02-23-2006, 4:36 PM
Brother to brother does not count.... must go up/down the family tree and not sideways; otherwise it is FFL time. Does your either of your parent live in CA?

He'd still have to send it to an FFL in CA because it is an interstate transfer. Interstate transfers don't have that exception about immediate family that the ca law does.