PDA

View Full Version : CZ 550 in 22-250?

deucestroke
04-02-2010, 9:04 PM
What do you guys think. I don't know anything about CZ or their quality. Any input is apprectiated. It's either the CZ or an AR and I want both but can only afford one.

powderedtoastman
04-03-2010, 5:14 PM
If you can only afford one, I'd say go with the AR. It's so much more versatile than any bolt-gun or any other gun for that matter. I started with a 16" and hunted yotes with it, and moved on to a 20" bull barrel that's a screamer and deadly accurate. There are many other calibers to chamber an AR in as well. If you build an AR-10, there's always the possiblilty down the road of having a 22-250 upper for it! Black rifle disease summons thee!!!

zerohour714
04-05-2010, 6:36 PM
Toastman is right, the Ar is much More versitile, But CZ makes an awesome bolt gun! It really Depends on your needs, what are your plans for the gun?

Shoot-it
04-05-2010, 8:27 PM
I don't own a Cz but have shot a cz bolt gun in a 17rem it is nice rifle very accurate with a nice trigger from factory.

Shoot-it
04-05-2010, 8:35 PM
If you can only afford one, I'd say go with the AR. It's so much more versatile than any bolt-gun or any other gun for that matter. I started with a 16" and hunted yotes with it, and moved on to a 20" bull barrel that's a screamer and deadly accurate. There are many other calibers to chamber an AR in as well. If you build an AR-10, there's always the possiblilty down the road of having a 22-250 upper for it! Black rifle disease summons thee!!!
First off you have 2 use a bullet button
Second not all leo know what a bullet button oll is so you risk a chance to go for a ride.
I would stick with a bolt gun for hunting or a semi auto hunting rifle like the browning bar or benelli R1 .