PDA

View Full Version : OC Sheriff Sandra Hutchens documented history of financial irresponsibility

RomanDad
04-02-2010, 5:42 PM
http://www.occcws.com/?p=885

OCCCWS has learned that Sandra Hutchens and her former husband were sued for more than $800,000 after defaulting on a rental property in 1992. The complaint obtained by OCCCWS (see below for attached documents) alleges that Sandra Anderson, as she was then known, and her then husband continued to collect rents from the sixteen unit apartment complex even after they stopped making required mortgage payments, leading Fidelity Federal Bank to seek the appointment of a receiver by the court to manage the property until it could be sold at foreclosure.

To quote documents filed by the plaintiff: “The defendants have apparently diverted and kept for their own personal use the Bank’s collateral (rental income) for the last two months totaling approximately $13,696.34 in the aggregate.” The court subsequently appointed a receiver to take over the property. A year after filing suit, the Bank requested the action be dismissed without prejudice since it had foreclosed on the property and taken possession itself.

This property is the same one on which more than $36,000 in tax liens were filed against Sandra Hutchens and her former husband, a story that OCCCWS recently reported, making it the property that Sheriff Hutchens’ campaign consultant, Dave Gilliard, said had been ‘disposed of’. Apparently failing to make required payments and having your property taken by foreclosure counts as ‘disposed of’ in Sandra Hutchens’ world. Interestingly, Sandra Hutchens claimed she had no knowledge of the liens, but was a named party in the lawsuit. Documents also show that, despite repeated attempts to be served a summons, she did not appear in court to respond to the complaint.

This new information only adds to the already troubling questions regarding Sandra Hutchens’ fitness to lead the Orange County Sheriff’s Department and her ability to manage an $800 million budget. That she walked away from financial obligations which she willingly accepted, and has not informed the voters she asks to elect her of the same, raises legitimate questions about her integrity, as well as the process used by the Board of Supervisors to select her.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/Complaint1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/Complaint5.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/Note1.jpg

Full complaint available at occcws.com

96hmco
04-02-2010, 6:05 PM
RomanDad Great post!

hill billy
04-02-2010, 6:23 PM
Keep after her!

glbtrottr
04-02-2010, 6:24 PM
She can't even manage her own life, but now she's running our Sheriff's department?

Wow.

mw8385
04-02-2010, 6:35 PM
RomanDad Great post!

Agreed. Great post!

Gray Peterson
04-02-2010, 6:57 PM
This needs to be in every TV spot and every radio spot for Hunter and Hunt. This could totally destroy her entire campaign, and I'm willing to bet that she thought that she would escape because the name on that was Sandra Anderson rather than Sandra Hutchens.

This is gun owners figuratively putting her head on a pike. She needs to be made an example of when you cross people who are only trying to protect their own lives and the lives of their families. She should resign and withdraw from the race immediately.

justaguy
04-02-2010, 7:02 PM
I can forgive her for having financial difficulties.
It's unpardonable that she lied about it.
She claims she didn't know?!?
Liars should not remain in office.
Case closed.

RomanDad
04-02-2010, 7:57 PM
I can forgive her for having financial difficulties.
It's unpardonable that she lied about it.
She claims she didn't know?!?
Liars should not remain in office.
Case closed.

Lots of people will experience financial difficulties. Its part of life. But how they HANDLE those difficulties SAYS A LOT ABOUT THEM and their CHARACTER... Do they DO THE RIGHT THING? Do they TRY to pay their debts? Do they avail themselves to the protections the law allows in such instances, like Bankruptcy? Do they try to work something out with the lender?

In her case she chose the WORST possible solution.... SHE SIMPLY DID NOTHING.... LITERALLY....

She closed her eyes, plugged her ears, and pretended the problem didn't exist.... Even when she was sued, she didnt even file an answer to the complaint or hire an attorney to do it for her. It appears she did everything she could to avoid service of process... NOT the actions of a person who takes responsibility for their finances.... NOT the actions of a LEADER who is entrusted with MILLIONS of taxpayers dollars.

And whats even more troubling is that this was an APARTMENT complex. What were the TENANTS doing while, as the plaintiff alleged and she did not refute, she was absconding with their rent money?

And now shes tried to couch, spin and craft her words to hide the fiasco from the voters....

dantodd
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
She closed her eyes, plugged her ears, and pretended the problem didn't exist.... Even when she was sued, she didnt even file an answer to the complaint or hire an attorney to do it for her. It appears she did everything she could to avoid service of process...

Funny, the process servers she was allegedly dodging are likely now working in her "Civil Process Service" group in the Court Operations Division headed by Deputy Hiller.

bladerunner747
04-03-2010, 1:28 AM
What a sham!!!
Obviously, whoever did a background check, if at all, did a bad job! Or did they sweep it under the rug?
Corruption is spreading like a cancer. LEOs by nature should be an example to the rest of law abiding citizens on following the rules.
This woman should not hold the position of sheriff. She is a deceiver!

PutTogether
04-03-2010, 1:35 AM
And boom goes the dynamite.

U2BassAce
04-03-2010, 8:56 AM
I guess you could call it financial irresponsibility. Or how about "alleged" fraud.

I think the OP was being kind categorizing this as irresponsible.

This really makes me sick. Great job OCCCWS bringing this to light!

Californio
04-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Now that is real proof, the property went under water and they bailed. Sorry I doubted you Roman but the first info was not that compelling, this is.

You don't want people like that in a position of Financial Trust. This stinks.

demnogis
04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
So what, if any, positive effect could her fraud have for OC?

Hmmm...

It used to be the Sheriff's Department had a saying: "Lead by example".

It seems like now it is "Do as we say, not as we do. For the children!"

OCCCWS
04-03-2010, 12:17 PM
As you can see, we've been working hard, and quietly, and continue to do so. The Sheriff thinks we are insignificant.

She is wrong.

And we have more to come.

Everyone here can help by spreading this EVERYWHERE and letting EVERYONE you know about this.

Did I mention we have more?

Buckle up, Sandy.

CCWFacts
04-03-2010, 12:47 PM
As you can see, we've been working hard, and quietly, and continue to do so. The Sheriff thinks we are insignificant.

She is wrong.

And we have more to come.

It is unfortunate that OC has to endure such a sheriff. it is unfortunate that OC has to organize and waste time fighting to get rid of her.

However, let me point out a positive way to look at this situation.

If she hadn't taken on the CCW community of OC, none of this would have come up. No one would be that motivated to dig in and cause her trouble. She would have been elected to a very highly paid and powerful job for life.

So the good thing to come out of this is that it shows that dedicated CCW activists do have power, and it is possible to take on even an incumbent sheriff. If the sheriff loses over this (I hope so), it will send a message to both other California sheriffs, and to CCW activists in other counties: it is possible to defeat a sheriff over CCW. That's a great message to send.

To put it simply, she is demonstrating, fighting over CCW is a great way to lose the best law enforcement job in the state, and maybe other sheriffs will see that, if they face similar challenges, they should back down on CCW and concentrate on other things, like fighting crime.

That kind of message would have the most impact in the northern counties, where people are probably more in favor of CCW, and also some conservative-but-no-issue counties, like San Diego and maybe Imperial.

RomanDad
04-03-2010, 1:01 PM
Now that is real proof, the property went under water and they bailed. Sorry I doubted you Roman but the first info was not that compelling, this is.

You don't want people like that in a position of Financial Trust. This stinks.

Dont worry about... I dont want to speak for them, but I gather what OCCCWS is trying to do is paint a picture. One fact at a time. And from the sounds of it, there is much more to come.

:lurk5:

Gray Peterson
04-03-2010, 2:37 PM
Dont worry about... I dont want to speak for them, but I gather what OCCCWS is trying to do is paint a picture. One fact at a time. And from the sounds of it, there is much more to come.

:lurk5:

So when is Hunter and Hunt going to attack her using this information?

OrangeCountyCCW
04-03-2010, 3:09 PM
VERY good work, RomansDad and OCCCWS. As I've said before, this is the kind of stuff that gets the non-CCW voter as angry at Hutchens as we are!

Keep it up!!

SteveH
04-03-2010, 4:00 PM
So are you doing anything to get this info out to the voters or just preaching to the choir?

If it doesnt get to the soccor moms in coto and the blue haired old ladies in seizure world then you are wasting your breath. They decide elections.

SteveH
04-03-2010, 4:02 PM
So when is Hunter and Hunt going to attack her using this information?

Hopefully never. At least not directly. Hunt and Hunter can do well without "going negative" which may turn off female voters.

Gray Peterson
04-03-2010, 5:03 PM
Hopefully never. At least not directly. Hunt and Hunter can do well without "going negative" which may turn off female voters.

Do we know anything right now about the current political polling with Hutchens v. Hunter v. Hunt?

obeygiant
04-03-2010, 8:59 PM
So far the only thing I see is from the Association of OC Deputy Sheriffs

2010 AOCDS-PAC Sheriff-Coroner Endorsement Results (https://www.aocds.org/news_articles/view/sheriff_coroner_endorsement_results)

Ballots Received: 846

Ballots Validated: 824

Retired Lt. Bill Hunt: 414 50.24%

Sheriff Sandra Hutchens 220 26.70%

Deputy Chief Craig Hunter 99 12.02%

No Endorsement 91 11.04%

Retired Lt. Bill Hunt receives the AOCDS-PAC endorsement for the 2010 election for Orange County Sheriff-Coroner.

Thomas Dominguez
AOCDS-PAC Chairperson

glbtrottr
04-03-2010, 9:03 PM

It's a pathetic statement of fact that citing truth seems to have such an adverse effect on so many of our feminine voters.

RomanDad
04-04-2010, 5:13 AM
Now on Redcounty

http://www.redcounty.com/more-questions-about-hutchens-financial-dealings/38414

Mute
04-04-2010, 5:56 PM
This is a great strategy. Put out the accusations a little at a time and let them lie and spin, then produce more evidence refuting their lies until they have no more room to turn and spin. Let them hang themselves. I hope this worthless individual is done for.

glbtrottr
04-05-2010, 6:31 AM
Wonder when this will make OC Register and OC Weekly.

IGOTDIRT4U
04-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Wonder when this will make OC Register and OC Weekly.

lol, give it 36 hours. It's "stewing" probably.

obeygiant
04-05-2010, 7:09 PM
I think it's about time we start contacting the OC Register and the OC Weekly directly about our current Sheriff. Here are two contacts that we can start with:

Sheriff race: not just gun permits (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hutchens-241846-down-one.html)

By FRANK MICKADEIT
COLUMNIST
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
fmickadeit@ocregister.com

Does AG's Report on Haidl Bust Clear Bill Hunt? (http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/crime-sex/sheriff-bill-hunt-ag-report/)

R. Scott Moxley can be emailed at this link (http://www.ocweekly.com/feedback/EmailAnEmployee?to=32557)

obeygiant
04-06-2010, 2:01 PM
Any new developments?

RomanDad
04-06-2010, 4:17 PM
Any new developments?

Sheriff Hutchens and her campaign have been uncharacteristically quiet on this issue... Some might say the silence is deafening.

RomanDad
04-15-2010, 8:40 AM
We just got some new information on this that will be going up very soon.

In the meantime, we need ALL OF YOU, EVERYBODY to link this to every internet forum you go to... All of that helps with the google page ranking so that when you google her name, THIS IS THE FIRST STORY PEOPLE SEE.

Email the press, Board of Supervisors, your friends, whoever.... WE CANNOT LET THEM IGNORE THIS ISSUE.

This is about getting rid of her.

Doheny
04-15-2010, 8:53 AM
In the meantime, we need ALL OF YOU, EVERYBODY to link this to every internet forum you go to...

You mean this specific thread, or what?

1BigPea
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Nice.

Tagged for more info...

RomanDad
04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
For those who are subscribed to this thread- Here you go.
http://www.occcws.com/?p=896

A recent forum for candidates seeking election to the office of Sheriff of Orange County provided some very telling words from Sandra Hutchens.

In the first video clip, which contains audio recorded at the event, Sandra Hutchens responds to a question as to whether she should be held to the same standard as an applicant to be a deputy sheriff when it comes to revealing significant personal financial details. The puzzled reactions of those in attendance is unmistakable. For reference, see the relevant pages (Here, and Here) of the Personal History Statement applicants to become peace officers must complete FULLY and TRUTHFULLY. Did Sandra Hutchens hold herself to that same standard when she applied to be appointed Sheriff?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37D5rGl6YgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37D5rGl6YgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

In the second clip, which contains audio recorded at the event and images of previously released public documents, Sandra Hutchens responds to a very clear question. We assume that the Sheriff of Orange County would not dodge the question, as she has placed such a premium on transparency and integrity, so we must take her at her word that she never told the Board of Supervisors about her secret history of foreclosure and its related lawsuit, not to mention the tax liens and restraining order stemming from defaulting on an $800,000 mortgage.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZuGAuVXMUo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZuGAuVXMUo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>