PDA

View Full Version : Question about AR pistol

LazyBoy
04-02-2010, 6:25 PM
I'm planning on buying a single shot AR pistol and was wondering if it was legal to remove the single shot sled and put a 10 round mag in it? Of course keeping the bullet button installed. Also what does PPT mean?

Gio
04-02-2010, 6:29 PM
After you shoot it as a Single Shot you can. There is no wording saying it has to remain a Single Shot Pistol after it is been brought in.

-Gio

Josh3239
04-02-2010, 6:34 PM
After you DROS it. The actions can be changed back and forth however you wish. Single shotting is only to fly under the roster.

wildhawker
04-02-2010, 6:34 PM
I'm planning on buying a single shot AR pistol and was wondering if it was legal to remove the single shot sled and put a 10 round mag in it? Of course keeping the bullet button installed. Also what does PPT mean?

I strongly urge you to consider better familiarizing yourself with firearm laws and terms generally, as well as those specific to and surrounding AR and AK pistols, before making such a purchase. Not knowing what a PPT is gives me the impression that your ability to consciously avoid an illegal configuration may be a bit underdeveloped.

LazyBoy
04-02-2010, 7:07 PM
I strongly urge you to consider better familiarizing yourself with firearm laws and terms generally, as well as those specific to and surrounding AR and AK pistols, before making such a purchase. Not knowing what a PPT is gives me the impression that your ability to consciously avoid an illegal configuration may be a bit underdeveloped.

That is what I am doing right now, trying to learn what I can before I buy an AR pistol. I have build several AR rifles and didn't feel comfortable building a pistol because of the dros issue. My stripped lower recever dros as long gun. That is why I was going to buy a complete single shot AR pistol from Quentin-laser.com. I got this from the recommendation from Flopper.

wildhawker
04-02-2010, 7:11 PM
That is what I am doing right now, trying to learn what I can before I buy an AR pistol. I have build several AR rifles and didn't feel comfortable building a pistol because of the dros issue. My stripped lower recever dros as long gun. That is why I was going to buy a complete single shot AR pistol from Quentin-laser.com. I got this from the recommendation from Flopper.

Purchasing a single-shot AR pistol is probably the best way to acquire one if you're not as fully immersed in these issues. However, as I said earlier, READ READ READ. Go and look at old threads on this subject, do some diligent searches and come back to ask questions. It makes me very nervous when someone that doesn't know the 'basics' wants to dive into a pool that can very quickly become a felony that drowns you in legal debt and loss of rights.

LazyBoy
04-02-2010, 8:34 PM
I've been following all the threads that I can find about AR pistols

Seesm
04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Some local black rifle shop I spoke to thinks ar/ak pistols are illegal... It is quite silly.

But as Brandon says just learn more and ask (like your doing) the comfort will come.

Colt-45
04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
PPT= Private Party Transfer

LazyBoy
04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
PPT= Private Party Transfer

Thanks

Also I like you name, I have one of those pistols