PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shops In Fremont

NRAhighpowershooter
02-14-2006, 1:40 PM
I'm going to be doing a FTF on a C&R Garand... I'd rather not do it in a parking lot.. I'm not up on gun shops in Fremont (sorts of a half way point between the buyer and myself) other than the one shop across from the closed down Tri-City Sporting Goods.. what other shop(s) are there?

blacklisted
02-14-2006, 2:13 PM
Irvington Arms (the one you know about) is the only one I know about. There is supposed to be a pawn shop that does transfers, but they had a horrible shooting there recently and I don't know if they are still in business.

phish
02-14-2006, 4:40 PM
yeah, I think Irvington Arms is the only place I know of. I'm sure Ron at Fremont Jewel&Loan would've been more than happy, but those punks took him from us. :mad:

In any case, Pasta Presto is pretty good to grab a bite to eat if you do the transfer at Irvington Arms.

jdberger
02-14-2006, 6:27 PM
Go see BigMac at Irvington. Good guy.

Watch out for the dog. <bad breath>;)

Lon Moer
02-14-2006, 6:53 PM
I can't stress enough how great BigMac is!! I stop by IA at least once a week (too close to the BART station!) and I have a regular set of teeth marks on my hands from rasslin' with Lumpy. :D

creampuff
02-15-2006, 1:16 AM
I can't stress enough how great BigMac is!! I stop by IA at least once a week (too close to the BART station!) and I have a regular set of teeth marks on my hands from rasslin' with Lumpy. :D

+1 for Irvington
Lumpy is that his name? My dog was jealous and trying to figure out what that smell was on me the one day I came back from IA.

Super_tactical
02-15-2006, 7:41 AM
+1 for Irvington. Cool guys.

BigMac
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Yes sir, Your more than welcome to do your transaction here. I'm fully versed in the legalities of C&R transactions and don't have a problem with the face to face at all. I do however get kinda excited when I see the truck of the car transaction and nobody tells me whats going on ;)

Nice seeing you. I hope you enjoy your garand!

I saw these guys doing the deal in the parking lot and I came out and gave them the WTF??? It was a big let down for me when it was a C&R, LOL!

HK_Fan
02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
why was it a let down for you? It kinda rattled me that you accused me of "commiting a felony on tape" Thats why I had to come inside and make sure we were squared away. No harm done though. Im new to the area and now I know where another gun shop is. IM just glad that you undersootd the C&R regs. Its alot simpler for us to talk about it, then to get a cop that doesnt know jack about it out there, with me trying to explain it to him. Thanks again for not getting to worked up aobut it :)

Rob

NRAhighpowershooter
02-16-2006, 5:13 PM
Yup.. I will come in next time too... problem is.. is that of I do, I might be too tempted to buy something ;)

patman
02-16-2006, 7:34 PM
+1 for BigMac, the IO SKS deal was fustrating for him but he still came through!

Upset at not being able to fondle the Garand perhaps? ;)

why was it a let down for you? It kinda rattled me that you accused me of "commiting a felony on tape" Thats why I had to come inside and make sure we were squared away. No harm done though. [snip]
Rob

Kind of reminds me that theres a CMP Garand match next month... time to ooze out some more cosmo from the front hand guard.

jdberger
02-16-2006, 8:31 PM
why was it a let down for you? It kinda rattled me that you accused me of "commiting a felony on tape" Thats why I had to come inside and make sure we were squared away. No harm done though. Im new to the area and now I know where another gun shop is. IM just glad that you undersootd the C&R regs. Its alot simpler for us to talk about it, then to get a cop that doesnt know jack about it out there, with me trying to explain it to him. Thanks again for not getting to worked up aobut it :)

Here is a word to the wise, even if legal, don't do transactions involving large amounts of money or guns in parking lots! Especially not gun stores. (no offense HK fan - just not the most thoughtful move.)

blacklisted
02-16-2006, 9:17 PM
Here is a word to the wise, even if legal, don't do transactions involving large amounts of money or guns in parking lots! Especially not gun stores. (no offense HK fan - just not the most thoughtful move.)

Hey, at least it wasn't the police station parking lot ;)

chickenfried
02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
yup he's right, thats what rest stops are for..Here is a word to the wise, even if legal, don't do transactions involving large amounts of money or guns in parking lots! Especially not gun stores. (no offense HK fan - just not the most thoughtful move.)

HK_Fan
02-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Next time we will use a K-mart ;)

In retrospect, I should have gone inside and let them know what was going on. There is nothing illegal about doing a transaction in a public setting. But I do understand it looks bad. I also understand why the guys were a bit presumptuous, and called me out. Perhaps a bit hastey accusing me of commiting a felony with out all the facts... but I understand his position.
So the real question is... why is this thread still floating around ;)

Rob

jdberger
02-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey, at least it wasn't the police station parking lot ;)Just for fun, I was at Traders trying to do an FTF and the guy behind the counter didn't want the seller to show the gun to me for inspection. Told us we had to go 500 feet from the store, do it in a parking lot or on a side street.

For those unaware - Traders is about 500 feet from the San Leandro Police Department!

BTW, HK - Didn't mean to call you out, it just made a good example. Apologies if I offended.

highlandr
02-17-2006, 12:42 AM
Next time we will use a K-mart ;)
So the real question is... why is this thread still floating around ;)

Rob

I'm happy to keep it going, if only to give a big +1 to Mac and Lumpy.
I make a point to stop in whenever I'm in the vicinity, to check out the latest inventory and shoot the breeze with Martin and the guys that hang there. Always a good time.

/ :cool:

Beatone
02-17-2006, 2:16 AM
You cant go wrong dealing with Martin. I've had a few items DROSed thru him with no problems. He will have more of my business in the future. :D

cooldude
02-17-2006, 9:48 AM
have read the posts about IA. martin sounds like a good guy. does any one know of a good trrustworthy knowledgeable FFL near san ramon, ca? thanks

HK_Fan
02-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Just for fun, I was at Traders trying to do an FTF and the guy behind the counter didn't want the seller to show the gun to me for inspection. Told us we had to go 500 feet from the store, do it in a parking lot or on a side street.

For those unaware - Traders is about 500 feet from the San Leandro Police Department!

BTW, HK - Didn't mean to call you out, it just made a good example. Apologies if I offended.

no offense.. I have fairly thick skin ;)

Rob

jdberger
02-17-2006, 10:47 PM
no offense.. I have fairly thick skin ;)

Rob

That'll come in handy when Lumpy gnaws on your hand.

xenophobe
02-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm sure Ron at Fremont Jewel&Loan would've been more than happy, but those punks took him from us. :mad:

Those guys staked out our shop today. Called the police, gave them a license number, but two of the guys who were in the car weren't with them when they got pulled over.

We're prepared if they come in. Scary stuff, I'm telling you.