PDA

View Full Version : SHOT show attendees

Richard
02-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Can any of you that went give feedback on out of state vendors perspective, regarding this whole Cali. lower stuff?

Have most heard and are they willing to cross line with products (not just AR's),what the DOJ told them,or do they have a wait and see attitude?

Do they even care or do they even know?

What INTELL did you gather?;)

thanks

bodyarmorguy27
02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
I spoke with someone at CMMG at the show. They are aware of the off-list lower situation. However, they will only direct ship to a FFL with an AW permit.

tenpercentfirearms
02-14-2006, 11:32 AM
They are happily taking orders on everything but lowers. Not much has changed. I told a few vendors that developing a AR style .308 that isn't on the list would make them a fortune. Time will tell if anyone jumps on board.

bwiese
02-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Mr. Lauer (LCW) is behind us 100%.

Had a very nice chat with him.

Discussed future names of new babies, if opportunity exists ;)

bwiese
02-14-2006, 11:49 AM
I spoke with someone at CMMG at the show. They are aware of the off-list lower situation. However, they will only direct ship to a FFL with an AW permit.

I confirmed that too. Tried to convince them that it was all good but they're not gonna budge.

PIRATE14
02-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Can any of you that went give feedback on out of state vendors perspective, regarding this whole Cali. lower stuff?

Have most heard and are they willing to cross line with products (not just AR's),what the DOJ told them,or do they have a wait and see attitude?

MOST HAVE HEARD OR HAVE TAKEN LOTS OF PHONE CALLS FROM CALI PEOPLE

Do they even care or do they even know?

YES THEY KNOW, DO THEY CARE.....NOT REALLY

What INTELL did you gather?;)

thanks

IF YOU GUYS CONTINUE TO BUY.....WE HAVE SUPPLIERS LINED UP BUT THEY ARE MOSTLY SMALL GUYS......IE THEY NORMALLY DON'T DO TONS OF RCVRS

bodyarmorguy27
02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I confirmed that too. Tried to convince them that it was all good but they're not gonna budge.

Yes, but they did have an impressive array of rifles though. I had to stop by there twice. I really liked the Duracoated rifles there and at LCW's booth.

bwiese
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I also met Denny of Denny's Guns/Global Tactical.

Very nice man. He is glad to help Californians get off-list lowers. He's not a big mover but 'any port in a storm'...

gmcem50
02-14-2006, 1:41 PM
I spoke with someone from a manufacturer on the east coast. I do not want to call him out here for obvious reasons (not the least of which is that it was a private conversation and I wouldn't like it if someone broadcasted my name on the internet, quoting me without my consent). He indicated that they were aware of the situation and watching it. He also told me that they were under the impression that the CA DOJ was aggressively going after out-of-state manufacturers to stop the flow of lowers. I got the feeling that the risk/reward ratio was not worth the effort to send product to PRK.

tenpercentfirearms
02-14-2006, 1:52 PM
Actually, one big name AR manufacturer stated they were going to do something big for Californians in the next couple months, but it seemed to be more .50 BMG related than AR. So I recommended they skip the ,50 project and sell the crap out of a quality .308 lower like the AR-10.

bwiese
02-14-2006, 1:55 PM
I spoke with someone from a manufacturer on the east coast...... He also told me that they were under the impression that the CA DOJ was aggressively going after out-of-state manufacturers to stop the flow of lowers. I got the feeling that the risk/reward ratio was not worth the effort to send product to PRK.

I think I spoke to another rep from the same vendor, and I agree that you heard him say something to that effect. I tried to do some 'dilution' with various vendors - some of the smaller vendors will be helpful :)

Yes, he might be "under the impression". But that's just threatening talk from Dana McKinnon. What "aggressively going after" can they do other than verbal saber rattling?

They are not AWs until named, period.

The only way they can stop the flow of lowers is to list them by make/model.

Deuce22
02-14-2006, 2:00 PM
I can tell you Bushmaster, DPMS and LMT wish they had our busniess. Anyway I got to spend many hours at a LMT poker party. That was fun...I think. Maybe I can't remember much.:confused:

PIRATE14
02-14-2006, 2:15 PM
I can tell you Bushmaster, DPMS and LMT wish they had our busniess. Anyway I got to spend many hours at a LMT poker party. That was fun...I think. Maybe I can't remember much.:confused:

LMT we have......U just have to pay the piper ta play...............

bwiese
02-14-2006, 2:21 PM
Yes, I spoke with LMT re: the "California situation".

They also were nice & supportive.

Just wish their 6.8SPC barrels were chrome-lined ;)

C.G.
02-14-2006, 3:06 PM
Yes, I spoke with LMT re: the "California situation".

They also were nice & supportive.

Just wish their 6.8SPC barrels were chrome-lined ;)

Bill,
You probably already know this, but CMMG makes 6.8SPC barrel that are chrome-lined:
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=257676&cat=27&

And so does Bravo Company, but they are backordered till "mid 2006"

MikeG22
02-14-2006, 3:22 PM
Talked with someone at Stag and he was all confused when I thanked them for the lowers. He was trying to pimp out their left handed AR, which was cool if I normally shot that way, and asked if I wanted any and I said the 6 I just bought are good enough. He asked how I liked them and I said I wasn't sure yet. Heh. It was a good show though, most places are good to go with all the other parts we need. I'll definitly be ready to start ordering parts when this all gets resolved.

shopkeep
02-14-2006, 3:42 PM
Pinned mag or not you gotta admit it rocks to be able to own a legal AR-15 in California again. Even with the mag pinned it's still the real deal and someday if we fight hard enough in court could legally become the real thing.

Hopi
02-14-2006, 4:20 PM
Pinned mag or not you gotta admit it rocks to be able to own a legal AR-15 in California again. Even with the mag pinned it's still the real deal and someday if we fight hard enough in court could legally become the real thing.
Amen to that.

AggregatVier
02-14-2006, 5:03 PM
Was anyone at the show selling lowers with just a 10 round magazine already fixed into place and non-removable? How about built up with or without a fixed stock?

Justang
02-14-2006, 8:22 PM
Mr. Lauer (LCW) is behind us 100%.

Had a very nice chat with him.

Discussed future names of new babies, if opportunity exists ;)

Good, glad I got Lauers. I'll cont to buy from anybody who backs us in Cali!