PDA

View Full Version : ak 47

drunkinjun
04-02-2010, 9:07 AM
Hi there new to this forum, have a legal question. Is it legal to own or have shipped to California ak 47 fire control groups either semi auto or full auto. It is my understanding that this is legal in the state of California. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Flopper
04-02-2010, 9:13 AM
Yes.

Please use this http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf and do some research on this forum to understand how to stay out of a trouble as a gunowner in CA.

And welcome to the forums!

drunkinjun
04-02-2010, 9:52 AM
The link that you sent me does not open. Does anyone out there know if this is legal in california. I know for a fact that in other states you can pick these up at the local gunsmith.

Merc1138
04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
The link works just fine as long as you have a PDF reader installed, please go through the flowchart.

dustoff31
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
The link that you sent me does not open. Does anyone out there know if this is legal in california. I know for a fact that in other states you can pick these up at the local gunsmith.

Semiauto parts are fine. As for FA parts, just because you can buy them doesn't make them legal in all cases. Read up on constructive possession.

Lone_Gunman
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Full Auto parts are highly illegal unless you are authorized to have them (NFA manufacturer etc.) The average Joe is not authorized and will be looking at a felony simply for possessing the parts.
The PDF that was linked will guide you through what is legal in an AR or AK type long gun here in CA. You need to have a PDF reader installed. You can download one here. (http://get.adobe.com/reader/)

Dr Rockso
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
As far as parts go you can own pretty much anything that you may own in a 'free state' (basically any legal non-NFA items). CA law generally deals with assembled firearms, not parts. Full auto fire control parts are usually restricted federally.

Flopper
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Semiauto parts are fine. As for FA parts, just because you can buy them doesn't make them legal in all cases. Read up on constructive possession.

Not trying to confuse the OP, but yeah, you gotta be careful.

Most parts kits come with the FA parts, so it's best to just assemble the rifle and destroy the FA parts.

oaklander
04-02-2010, 1:28 PM
1) If you buy an AK47 parts kit, ask the seller to remove any FA ONLY parts before shipping you the kit.

2) See http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12200.php for the law on these parts.

I'm looking for the diagram of which parts you don't want.

ETA: there is NO reason to have FA parts in California. They are not legal to own, even if you don't have the rest of the rifle. California is very strict about FA parts.

Hi there new to this forum, have a legal question. Is it legal to own or have shipped to California ak 47 fire control groups either semi auto or full auto. It is my understanding that this is legal in the state of California. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.