PDA

View Full Version : Display of firearms

Falstaff
04-02-2010, 9:54 AM
Is it legal to have a centerfire rifle mounted over my fireplace if it has a trigger lock on it?

Merc1138
04-02-2010, 9:57 AM
Doesn't need a trigger lock.

Although having a firearm unsecured on display has it's own issues, but there's no laws requiring you to put trigger locks on your guns, or stating that you can't put one on a wall.

Lone_Gunman
04-02-2010, 9:59 AM
You don't need a trigger lock. There is no requirement that it be locked. However if it gets into a kids hands and someone gets hurt you can be brought up on charges.

ocspeedracer
04-02-2010, 10:04 AM
are you in DC or something?

Fate
04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
You don't need a trigger lock. There is no requirement that it be locked. However if it gets into a kids hands and someone gets hurt you can be brought up on charges.

Note, that doesn't apply if some random punk breaks in to your place and steals it. It's a law targeting those with kids (and their friends) and those that have kids over (grandparents, baby sitter, friends, etc).

Liberty1
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Make sure it's loaded. I'd take it down at night and put it next to the bed. In the morning unload it put it in the trunk and take it to work.

Let your gun be your companion - Jefferson ;)

OlderThanDirt
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I have one gun that I display. If it gets stolen, the perp will have a nice surprise. I removed the firing pin and the replacement pin had to be custom built (and is not installed), so they won't find a new one anywhere. I can picture some gang banger loading up the rifle with 35 rem and hearing nothing but a click when he tries to shoot some rival banger.

jdberger
04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I have one gun that I display. If it gets stolen, the perp will have a nice surprise. I removed the firing pin and the replacement pin had to be custom built (and is not installed), so they won't find a new one anywhere. I can picture some gang banger loading up the rifle with 35 rem and hearing nothing but a click when he tries to shoot some rival banger.

I can picture some gang banger looking for ammo for a year.... ;)

OleCuss
04-02-2010, 11:18 AM

That's funny/cool!

It also reminds me of the book, "Shooter". (There was a movie, too, but while the book should be read, IMHO the movie should not be watched).