PDA

View Full Version : ...........

BigBamBoo
04-02-2010, 8:16 AM

TMC
04-02-2010, 8:22 AM
I don't remember this kind of concern when all the anti-Bush nuts were out protesting and calling for the heads of Bush and Cheney. I guess when you're on the right your a threat but when you're on the left and calling for the ouster of a Republican administration its somehow the right thing to do.

VictorFranko
04-02-2010, 8:25 AM
I would love to join "Oathkeepers", but I don't want to end up on a government list like I am sure the members of "Gaurdians of the Free Republic" are all on.

Lone_Gunman
04-02-2010, 8:55 AM
I find it pretty interesting how the media is doing everything it can to change the narrative from "citizens unhappy with current administration" to "right wing extremists threaten the country". Obama and the left wing of the media are mis-directing our attention. When was the last time you heard about the health control bill or the coming amnesty? They don't want us paying attention to the things that matter.

Ca Patriot
04-02-2010, 8:58 AM
I have noticed that Yahoo News is one of the worst liberal slander machines in America right now. Every single article they carry is anti-conservative and anti-republican and they are just outright hostile to anything other than liberals.

vantec08
04-02-2010, 9:08 AM
Darn right, Lone. The libs are whining and wetting their diadees over Sarah Palin saying "dont retreat . . .reload" when we have the thug-in-chief saying "if the GOP brings a knife, I will bring a gun." Such double standard hypocracy, obfuscation, spin, and deceit has worked well for them for decades.

chuckdc
04-02-2010, 9:22 AM
Funny, most right-wing folks I read postings from, etc, all are OK with STATE governments. It's the Feds that get them lathered up. This sounds like :icon_bs: and :fud: being pushed by our "unbiased" media to me.

chsk9
04-02-2010, 9:28 AM
I would love to join "Oathkeepers", but I don't want to end up on a government list like I am sure the members of "Gaurdians of the Free Republic" are all on.

You now are... :eek:

mbuna
04-02-2010, 9:40 AM
I have noticed that Yahoo News is one of the worst liberal slander machines in America right now. Every single article they carry is anti-conservative and anti-republican and they are just outright hostile to anything other than liberals.

++1

Bearclaw
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't remember this kind of concern when all the anti-Bush nuts were out protesting and calling for the heads of Bush and Cheney. I guess when you're on the right your a threat but when you're on the left and calling for the ouster of a Republican administration its somehow the right thing to do.

That's just because everyone knows that Liberals are good at TALKING and Conservatives are good at ACTING.

bomb_on_bus
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the founders of our nation had made something or written something about the citizens having the power to disband the government if the government fails the people........................cant remember what it was though..............:TFH::p

CalNRA
04-02-2010, 10:18 AM

no surprise there. yahoo news is probably written and organized by a bunch of San Francisco state Journalism students who couldn't get a job with Chronicles or NYT.

nick
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Funny, most right-wing folks I read postings from, etc, all are OK with STATE governments. It's the Feds that get them lathered up. This sounds like :icon_bs: and :fud: being pushed by our "unbiased" media to me.

Well, if you look at the governors who received the letters, most of them are conservative. So it doesn't seem to be a "right-wing" thing to begin with.

nick
04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Yahoo doesn't generally produce news, they just regurgitate news from other sources. They do, of course, have the control over which news to regurgitate though.

SgtDinosaur
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
It feels like the bad old Clinton/Reno days. Prepare to be demonized. Next the BATFE will be crashing into your house because you are a "right wing gun nut". For anyone too young to remember, that happened quite a bit. Read the book "Unintended Consequences". This is nothing new.

magsnubs
04-02-2010, 11:07 AM
It wasn't funny when Hitler and Stalin did it, and it's not funny now. The irony is that unearned vitriol at "W" (not that it ALL was unearned) resulted in the ascension of "O", and now he's suddenly above the fray? It's a sad commentary when the MSM is so desperate to undermine American values that it baldfacedly lies and slanders.

M1A Rifleman
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't remember this kind of concern when all the anti-Bush nuts were out protesting and calling for the heads of Bush and Cheney. .

You hit it. When Democrats and Libs are in power, they go after Militia's, Christians and Abortion foes and they they think all conservatives and gun owners are in these groups. Recall same thing happened under Clinton - and people died.

BigDogatPlay
04-02-2010, 11:26 AM

Because Yahoo News feeds, mostly, AP and Reuters. Both organizations have, editorially speaking, a somewhat left of center agenda.

BillCA
04-02-2010, 11:27 AM

That's because Yahoo relies on AP and Reuter's news services for their news feeds for the majority of their news. Both are known to be nothing more than re-packagers of press releases anymore.

Sleepy McGee
04-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Check the lost & found booth for the courage of your convictions.

tacticalcity
04-02-2010, 12:15 PM
You now are... :eek:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Truth is, that comment wasn't what did it. Being on a firearms related forum is probably enough to get you on a computerized watch list of some kind. Its not that they are truly concerned about you on a personal level, they just keep an eye on forums like this one. I am sure it is all computerized, and keyword driven rather than individuals searching the web for every single one of your posts. It is a safe bet one or more government agencies are actively watching this forum.

I don't blame them. I've seen some really crazy posts here and on other forums. Real anti-government start the revolution now neo-nazi nonsense. Calls to kill government leaders and on and on. Almost always "junior members" who not members at all but crazies hijacking the forum for their own politcal agenda. The mods immediately delete such posts...as well they should...but those rare posts make me understand why forums like this one are watched. They are not concerned about the 99.9% of us who are loyal citizens. They are concerned about the 1% wackjobs leaching onto us.

My point being, its actually pretty hard NOT to make it onto a list of some sort, harmless though it may be, if you post online. This post for example, while in support of the government and condemning extremists, contains all kinds of keywords that could get it flagged and forwarded to an analyst. My screen name alone might raise a few eyebrows...yet I am as patriotic and loyal as they come. It's just the way things work these days. Bear in mind, this is a public forum...not a private conversation. Everything you write is being distributed to the entire world, including Uncle Sam. It shouldn't surprise you that they occasionally actually read it.

JDoe
04-02-2010, 1:56 PM
I catch myself sounding like my father when I see things like this...sigh...I guess age can make you wonder wtf is wrong with the people in this country...the world...etc.

I know, I know....folks are fed up...me included. But EVERY generation has its "the sky is falling" issues. In a few years it will be some other "thing" and and my big worry will be if I can walk to the bathroom without a walker.

It is just human nature. Same ****, different decade/century/etc.

nick
04-02-2010, 8:42 PM

Truth is, that comment wasn't what did it. Being on a firearms related forum is probably enough to get you on a computerized watch list of some kind. Its not that they are truly concerned about you on a personal level, they just keep an eye on forums like this one. I am sure it is all computerized, and keyword driven rather than individuals searching the web for every single one of your posts. It is a safe bet one or more government agencies are actively watching this forum.

I don't blame them. I've seen some really crazy posts here and on other forums. Real anti-government start the revolution now neo-nazi nonsense. Calls to kill government leaders and on and on. Almost always "junior members" who not members at all but crazies hijacking the forum for their own politcal agenda. The mods immediately delete such posts...as well they should...but those rare posts make me understand why forums like this one are watched. They are not concerned about the 99.9% of us who are loyal citizens. They are concerned about the 1% wackjobs leaching onto us.

My point being, its actually pretty hard NOT to make it onto a list of some sort, harmless though it may be, if you post online. This post for example, while in support of the government and condemning extremists, contains all kinds of keywords that could get it flagged and forwarded to an analyst. My screen name alone might raise a few eyebrows...yet I am as patriotic and loyal as they come. It's just the way things work these days. Bear in mind, this is a public forum...not a private conversation. Everything you write is being distributed to the entire world, including Uncle Sam. It shouldn't surprise you that they occasionally actually read it.

Loyal?

misterjake
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Only 30% of the Colonials supported seperation from the British. Another third were loyal to the crown and the other third supported the winners. 1% did the actual fighting. What's the governments approval rating again? :)

Deadred7o7
04-03-2010, 12:45 AM
^3% did the fighting if Im not mistaken.

groats
04-03-2010, 5:56 AM
It is just human nature. Same ****, different decade/century/etc.

Having lived thru several of those generations, I think you're wrong.
Civil rights, Viet Nam, the assassinations of JFK and RFK, all created some trauma, but I do not remember people saying they had lost hope for the future of the country.

misterjake
04-03-2010, 8:16 AM
^3% did the fighting if Im not mistaken.

I just looked it up, 3% is correct, my bad.

Bearclaw
04-08-2010, 4:21 PM

very eloquently said my friend...well put.
wait a tick....by me quoting you....now I may be on the list! Aw nuts!!! :D