PDA

View Full Version : Question on out of state resident and an SKS

Zeke003
04-01-2010, 1:47 PM
I think this is the correct forum for this? If not, my apologies, please move.

Need some quick help here. I have a buddy who's coming to visit from Vegas and he has an SKS with a detachable mag. Can he bring this into the state for the day to shoot or is that not possible? As far as I understand the laws since it's on the AW banned list he can't bring it into the state right? Any help would be much appreciated.

bwiese
04-01-2010, 1:49 PM
He should not bring it into CA w/detachable magazine.

If it's one of the Norinco special SKSes ("Cowboy", SKS-D, etc.) that takes AK magazines, he should not bring it into CA regardless of putting a 10rd fixed mag back on.

An ordinary SKS (Russian, etc.) having the std. 10rd fixed mag is legal to bring into CA.

Yugo M59/66 SKS clones cannot be brought into CA if they have the grenade launcher; that device is intrinsically considered a destructive device in CA and should not be possessed in CA even separated from the SKS.

Zeke003
04-01-2010, 1:51 PM
Thought so, thanks for the quick reply. Forgive my noobishness, but I wanted to make sure to err on the side of caution. :o

obeygiant
04-01-2010, 3:10 PM
Thought so, thanks for the quick reply. Forgive my noobishness, but I wanted to make sure to err on the side of caution. :o

Nothing to forgive. you came to the right place to ask that question.

Zeke003
04-01-2010, 3:15 PM
Nothing to forgive. you came to the right place to ask that question.

That's why I love it here. :party:

todd2968
04-01-2010, 8:47 PM
Also if it is a yugo with working grenade launch barrel it is illegal also.