PDA

View Full Version : Tire Disposal?

esteban951
03-31-2010, 7:32 PM
Heres the deal, some JACKASS dumped about 30 tires on the blm spot where i frequently go, I was wondering if there was a place in the riverside, moreno valley, perris, sun city, hemet, ect.... where i can take the tires for free? thanks,............I'm sooooo F'in mad!:mad: How can somebody just dump crap and make somebody else take care of it.

Rob454
03-31-2010, 7:36 PM
Most tire shops charge 2$ per tire as a disposal fee. I dont think there is a place where you can drop off tires. I guess you can take them and drop them off at a tire store after hours or find a dumpster to dump them in.
Crappy think is its probably a little guy hole in the wall tire store that dumped them there in the first place. I mean who has 30 tires in their house?

esteban951
03-31-2010, 7:47 PM
Most tire shops charge 2$ per tire as a disposal fee. I dont think there is a place where you can drop off tires. I guess you can take them and drop them off at a tire store after hours or find a dumpster to dump them in.
Crappy think is its probably a little guy hole in the wall tire store that dumped them there in the first place. I mean who has 30 tires in their house?
Thanks,I will call tire shops tomorrow to find the best price:o, Yeah damn trolls should stick those tires where the sun don't shine!

Rob454
03-31-2010, 8:12 PM
You can always talk tot he rangers there and see if they want to have a clean up day. Lots of times they bring the big giant dump bins

bohoki
03-31-2010, 9:01 PM
ive sliced them up and trashed them

you cut around the tread/sidewall interface leaving 2 xena warrior princess rings and a tank type track those items are easily disposed of

just a complete tire is a giant space hog

or bring lots of rope and make tireswings for every tree in the area

Rover
03-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Call America's Tire Company in Hemet, they helped us out huge with a Clean Desert clean-up in Stodard Valley OHV area, couldn't tell you how many tires they disposed of for free, but it was at least 5 flat-bed trailers and 3-4 full size pick-ups, Hemet took some, as did 3 other stores, none of them could handle the number of tires we pulled out of the desert. Granted Clean Desert is a full fledged non-profit, but it's worth a call either way, America's is very pro land-use.

fermi
05-05-2010, 8:26 PM
Perhaps sell them on craigslist?

gravedigger
05-05-2010, 8:56 PM
Stack 'em up along the border!

Barabas
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty lucky, Sacramento County doesn't charge for tire disposal (including wheels) for up to 4 tires. Beyond that it's $1.50 each, but that's only if you don't get one of the nice people at the toll booth, which I seem to get every single time I go.

Juice5610
05-06-2010, 8:23 PM
Stack em up nice and high and light em on fire. I Hear it's great for the environment.

stitchnicklas
05-06-2010, 10:13 PM
riversides bulk drop off days are where you can dump them for free,riverside city residents only with electric bill,waste disposal site on the web might have more....

2DoorImpala
05-07-2010, 8:25 AM
Maybe there a place around that reman tires, since they end up grinding them anyways. Dont see how they would charge people since they are making money out of it.

pdq_wizzard
05-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I think it is more the great state of Ca and there environment impact fees, just another way to make money :mad:

Maybe there a place around that reman tires, since they end up grinding them anyways. Dont see how they would charge people since they are making money out of it.

rjf
06-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Stack em up nice and high and light em on fire. I Hear it's great for the environment.

Do this for Earth Day

packnrat
06-20-2010, 1:10 PM
the biggest reason people dump tires is because of the reg's, taxes and fees imposed on us by the state of California.

if it was free to take tires to your local land fill there would be very little tire dumping along our freeways and byways..or off in the fields.

why would someone spend $100's of dollars when all they need to do is find a dark quiet spot one night.

Rob454
06-30-2010, 4:06 AM

LOL silly man. Imagine that. A state fee that goes away. JK bro. The tire disposal fee is a state fee/county fee not jsut the company charging you cause they want to. The tire shop "pays" the tire recycler. Most likely the recycler picks up for free or very cheap rates.

camaroracer
06-30-2010, 3:22 PM
Stack 'em up along the border!

x2!