PDA

View Full Version : any hope

moulton
02-13-2006, 3:11 PM
Is there any hope of me getting a reciver before a ban starts:mad:.
do you have to go through a group buy or can an ffl order one through a web site like "del-ton.com".

ldivinag
02-13-2006, 3:13 PM
find another supplier and another FFL...

good luck.

moulton
02-13-2006, 3:15 PM
how much time do I have??? Im planing on going around to 2 ffls tommarow to see if they can order one. anyone have any distributers I can have them order from?

grammaton76
02-13-2006, 3:16 PM
I'd give Cold War Shooters a call, they might be able to get something up in your neighborhood real fast. At the very least, they'd know what the established transfer network is up there and save you some footwork on transfers.

Or you could always take a real big road trip to go down to Riverside... I drive up there from SD every other week it seems. :)

grammaton76
02-13-2006, 3:18 PM
how much time do I have??? Im planing on going around to 2 ffls tommarow to see if they can order one. anyone have any distributers I can have them order from?

As for time, I wouldn't stress out as if the ban is coming down TOMORROW or anything. It's generally expected that the list update will come out on a Friday. Although the chance exists that they could do it on a different day, it's kind of unlikely.

Stay calm, don't get too desperate, but definitely call around and make time for a run as soon as you've got something lined up.

moulton
02-13-2006, 3:18 PM
well I do have a three day weekend next week... but I would have to come down in 10 days again right:mad:

grammaton76
02-13-2006, 3:21 PM
well I do have a three day weekend next week... but I would have to come down in 10 days again right:mad:

Well, you'd have to come down sometime within 30 days. Once you start the DROS, it's yours. While it's most gratifying to pick up your lowers the first minute you can, you don't really have to.

I'm not sure I'd wait as long as next week. I wouldn't stress over a day or two, but waiting until next weekend (TWO Friday's away) would stress me out a lot unless it's just for extra receivers and you already have a few.

Best bet is to call CWS, the phone number's on their web site, and ask what you can get for a transfer dealer up there. They'll probably have something not too far away, and can overnight a lower or ten to one of their cooperative network of FFL's. :)

Fjold
02-13-2006, 3:27 PM
do you have to go through a group buy or can an ffl order one through a web site like "del-ton.com".

It's helpful if you put what area of the state you live in, I know that they're are receivers in stock at CWS, I think GEF in Bakersfield has some and there are some available in the South Bay area also. Don't make it harder on yourself.

TheMan
02-13-2006, 3:27 PM

Some FFLs will order them. You might want to try contacting the ones already listed on the board, if one is in your area. If not, tell us where you are, and someone may know an FFL in your area. An FFL who has already done transfers is more likely to be able to help you get this done quickly .Some FFLs have them in stock, or can point you to where to order them.

Del-ton has given us the finger on lower receiver sales to CA, unless they changed their tune very recently. They will happily take your money for other items, but they don't want to support us when it comes to receivers.

moulton
02-13-2006, 3:30 PM
BLAST THEY ARE AT A GUN SHOW:mad:

I just called them and all I got was a machine...:mad:

im in the north bay area (santa rosa)

moulton
02-13-2006, 3:36 PM
what is this place in san jose called? web site?

grammaton76
02-13-2006, 3:39 PM
BLAST THEY ARE AT A GUN SHOW:mad:

I just called them and all I got was a machine...:mad:

They *were* at the SHOT show. They haven't gotten around to updating their voice mail greeting yet - I know this because I was talking to Michelle at CWS around noon today, and they're back in Highlands selling stuff today. :)

Leave a message, sit tight, they'll call you back. They're phenomenally good about calling people back.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-13-2006, 3:42 PM
Call the Gun Exchange in San Jose....

moulton
02-13-2006, 3:43 PM
just go an e-mail from a board member who is looking to maybee sel one to me and he is a local?:)

moulton
02-13-2006, 6:26 PM
this is the reply I got from the gun exchange

no stag are not ok:confused:

GW
02-13-2006, 7:00 PM
Are you saying "No Stags" which would be hard luck
or Stags are bad which would get you a lively discussion

s281c
02-13-2006, 7:25 PM
this is the reply I got from the gun exchange

no stag are not ok:confused:

Doesn't sound like them, are you sure they just didn't say that they have no Stags available? Last time I was there they had three different makes availble.........If I were you I wouldn't lock myself into just Stags, any of the one's they're selling are good.

MsJamie
02-13-2006, 8:30 PM
There's a thread on the board concerning what's in stock at The Gun Exchange. As of yesterday, they were out of stock on all off-list lowers.

gh429
02-14-2006, 3:08 AM
I just don't think they have Stags. My Lauer is still sitting there, I have to pick it up but don't have the time...

I *think* they are still doing lowers, but last I went there was a gentleman who told me, he was considering not doing them anymore due to all the pressure. Not sure if it was a sales pitch or not (I was border line about picking up my 5th lower) but if I were you I would hurry. :)

Ratters
02-14-2006, 7:21 AM
Get in on the contra costa group buy as quickly as you can:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=27855

Very easy people to deal with.