PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the safety/selector lever location

Fjold
02-13-2006, 2:51 PM
I'm a lefty and I find that the safety/selector lever gets in my way when I'm shooting my fixed magazine autoloading rifle.

I see ambidextrous control levers advertised for sale but are there any levers made for left hand operation only?

Rascal
02-13-2006, 2:57 PM
I have never seem one for leftys only. I too am a lefty, so if you find one, please holler out and let us know.

Prospector
02-13-2006, 3:01 PM
That right hand lever rub my finger also, a little annoying.

No one at this point makes a left hand only lever.

Sig226
02-13-2006, 3:01 PM
freaks!

LOL, just kidding.... I had too.

Dave

Sig226
02-13-2006, 3:03 PM
Ok, jokin aside---

Why not get the ambi--- then cut off the left hand side of the selector?

That should work fine...The only downside is that the metal would have to be finished in some way for the color match---and you have to take your time so that it sits flush.

Sounds like a 10-15 minute dremel job to me...

Fjold
02-13-2006, 3:11 PM
Ok, jokin aside---

Why not get the ambi--- then cut off the left hand side of the selector?

That should work fine...The only downside is that the metal would have to be finished in some way for the color match---and you have to take your time so that it sits flush.

Sounds like a 10-15 minute dremel job to me...

I thought of just cutting off the solid lever enough to fit it through the hole in the frame from the opposite side and then epoxying/locktiting the screw on the off side shaft but I'd like a solid lever if possible.

Surly
02-13-2006, 3:34 PM
Call Stag Arms. They make Left handed uppers. If anyone makes a strictly left handed safety, it would be them.

Jicko
02-13-2006, 3:42 PM
Stag's LEFTY, even the case are ejecting out to the left!

http://www.stagarms.com/cart/images/stag_arms_model1lbig.gif

http://www.stagarms.com/leftyrifles.html

Fjold
02-13-2006, 5:47 PM
These guys offer a left hand version. http://www.dlsports.com/tactical_safety_selector_switch.html

Yeah it's expensive, but these are specialty commercial components. Millions of soldiers and shooters have learned to live with the USGI spec lowers. You don't go to the armory and say "Sir, could I please have a left handed rifle, sir?"

Thanks Ted, I knew this was the right place to ask.

I can live with a right handed selector if I had to but thankfully I can buy the lefty parts.

BTW guys the lefty STAGS still have right handed controls on the lowers.

Gnote
02-13-2006, 8:51 PM
BTW guys the lefty STAGS still have right handed controls on the lowers.

+1. Stag offers an ambi but not a dedicated left-handed selector.

Justang
02-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm a Lefty as well. I'll just stick with the regular safety for now. Maybe one day I'll get the ambi safety.

Fjold
02-14-2006, 8:47 AM
The only thing with the Ambi selector is that the bottom of the lever rubs against top of my trigger finger, that's what I'm trying to get rid of.