PDA

View Full Version : Question: How to get Lowers back

Kalbi
02-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I currently have 2 lowers on Hostage-mode.

I am sick and tired of all this non-sense. I just want them back so I can get on with my life.

Please give me information on how to pick them up tomorrow.

6172crew
02-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Call the doj and ask when you can get your lowers back. Id call everyday.
Chris

I currently have 2 lowers on Hostage-mode.

I am sick and tired of all this non-sense. I just want them back so I can get on with my life.

Please give me information on how to pick them up tomorrow.

Jeff Rambo
02-13-2006, 10:39 AM
I suggest you buy at least ONE MORE, just in case.

PIRATE14
02-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Can u take them off your taxes????????

U better just buy a few more......

My .02 is that are looking for any excuse to keep them out of state, no matter what that excuse might be.......

tpliquid1
02-13-2006, 11:40 AM
they better give back my money then!! if they decide to keep it

Kalbi
02-13-2006, 11:44 AM
It seems to me that people that do call in get essentially nowhere.

Is there an office I can visit to pick mine up?

Since I am there to pick up, the size of the safe should not matter.

It seems rather simple to me.

HEUER
02-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I would try to determine what status the "lowers" are calssified as right now. Whose property are they? Are they being classified as evidence? Etc...

6172crew
02-13-2006, 1:20 PM
I think you guys are right though, if these are the only receivers you have dros'd then I start looking for replacements. You can always sell off what you dont need but acnt buy anymore after a list is made public.:cool:

odysseus
02-13-2006, 1:54 PM
Certified letter, overnight it. I would state the legal buy, and the fact that they have possessed it. I would ask when they expect to release property to FFL since you DROS'd it already. Wouldn't expect much, but at least they might reply.

That or give up? Sounds bad.

fun2none
02-13-2006, 2:01 PM
Get a copy of your receipt with the serial number of the lower that you purchased from the FFL, and send the DOJ a registered letter asking them to confirm whether this item is their posession and if no response is provided after 48 hours, you will be filing a stolen firearm report.

6172crew
02-13-2006, 2:37 PM
Long guns arent required to be assigned a serial number at the DROS, numbers are given at pickup.
Get a copy of your receipt with the serial number of the lower that you purchased from the FFL, and send the DOJ a registered letter asking them to confirm whether this item is their posession and if no response is provided after 48 hours, you will be filing a stolen firearm report.

fun2none
02-13-2006, 6:55 PM
You are correct. DROS for long guns do NOT need a serial number. However, everytime I bought a new gun I always got a receipt indicating the out the door price, pickup day, payment status, and serial number.

My suggestion is to attach a copy of the receipt, not DROS, to the letter.

adamsreeftank
02-13-2006, 8:23 PM
The ffl did not provide any reciept, but all of the confiscated lowers were entered into his book, so he can tell you which serial numbers of yours were taken.

artherd
02-13-2006, 10:01 PM
The DROS has no SN, but the 4473 DOES.

Call rob and find out SN.

Call an attorney (I suggest Chuck Michel in LA, I am working with him already regarding this issue) and have them call/write DOJ.

jwissick
02-13-2006, 10:23 PM
The DROS has no SN, but the 4473 DOES.

Call rob and find out SN.

Call an attorney (I suggest Chuck Michel in LA, I am working with him already regarding this issue) and have them call/write DOJ.

Thought of bringing someone local into the fray? How about calling Don Kilmer?

Kalbi
02-14-2006, 8:50 AM
How much would an attorney cost?

HK_Fan
02-14-2006, 9:22 AM
depends on the retainer that he asks for. They vary, but expect to drop a grand or so at least.

6172crew
02-14-2006, 9:44 AM
depends on the retainer that he asks for. They vary, but expect to drop a grand or so at least.

Sounds cheaper to buy another. Damn, I wonder if the NRA even knows whats happened or not.

Kalbi
02-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I had no idea it was going to cost so much. As much as I would like to make a point, financially its not realistic for me at this time.

It seems that a situation outside of my control has beaten me on this. There is nothing more I can do but hope things will work out, yet I still find it difficult to just sit and accept at the same time.