PDA

View Full Version : Scout Squad in stock anywhere?

Omega13device
02-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Anyone know any good sources for the SA Scout that actually have them in stock? Impact Guns has them at what seems to be a great price, but who knows when they'll have them in stock. I'm in the SF Bay Area, in case someone has seen one at a local store.

HEUER
02-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I was looking for one about 7 months ago. At that time City Arms in Pacifica had one, but the bolt / trigger group combo were both cast. I bought a "loaded" at Frank Tabor's new was forged bolt and GI trigger group new.

SOCOM and SOCOM II means less recievers for the scount models. Good luck! I have not seen one new in a while!

Lethal_Addict
02-13-2006, 9:53 PM
Why would you want the Scout of the SOCOM?

Omega13device
02-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Basically price, and I don't need the 4-sided rail system.

xenophobe
02-13-2006, 11:52 PM
I haven't seen any Scouts in some time. When we get them in used, they're around $1000-1200. New and Used ones go pretty quickly.

shopkeep
02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
The Scout has pretty much been replaced by the SOCOM at this point in Cali. In the free states you might choose a scout over a SOCOM because you can put a flash hider on it... but that would make it an AW in the PRK.

Hence you may as well go with the SOCOM for a few reasons:
1. Lighter
2. More compact
3. Less recoil (Dale Radar's Muzzle Break kicks serious A**, no more recoil than an AK!)
4. More evil looking

Sig226
02-14-2006, 12:33 PM
SOCOM has a shorter barrel thus you loose velocity--and range to some degreee.

Added weight is sometimes a good thing...

Finally, Im not sure about this one, but I dont think the SOCOM comes with a national match trigger. ?

ohsmily
02-14-2006, 1:00 PM
Why would you want the Scout of the SOCOM?

Another factor is that the gas system on the SOCOM is not the standard M1A system...so, if you wanted to keep parts all interchangable, then you might want the scout over the SOCOM

PS I think you meant, "why would you want the Scout OVER the SOCOM" (since what you wrote doesn't make any sense)

Sgt Raven
02-14-2006, 1:12 PM
I'll take a 18" barreled M14 w/ SEi MB over a SoCom any day. It just handier to me. I like my LRB M14SA 22" service grade, but my next one will be a SEi 18" Crazy Horse LRB.

jessegpresley
02-14-2006, 1:41 PM
Basically price, and I don't need the 4-sided rail system.

That sounds like the SOCOM II and not the SOCOM 16.

ohsmily
02-14-2006, 1:43 PM
That sounds like the SOCOM II and not the SOCOM 16.

you are correct

Kenshin
07-04-2006, 6:36 PM
So what'll happen to the Scout in the future? Will they be cast off entirely for the SOCOM series? I hope not.

fguerra
07-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I think there was a SA Scout at the SJGE last weekend with the camo stock. Can't remember the price.

kali_jester
07-04-2006, 11:32 PM
and I could find none in stock anywhere... So I got the socom16 - which I am quite happy with. Just shot it yesterday.

Naturally, the store I bought it from let me know a month later that they got a scout - but my gun budget is used up for a while :-) (all the miscellaneous stuff and bullets is really adding up!)

Now I see over half a dozen m1a scout squads on gunsamerica.com
Go there and order quickly!!

Anyone know any good sources for the SA Scout that actually have them in stock? Impact Guns has them at what seems to be a great price, but who knows when they'll have them in stock. I'm in the SF Bay Area, in case someone has seen one at a local store.

dmckean44
07-05-2006, 2:02 AM
3. Less recoil (Dale Radar's Muzzle Break kicks serious A**, no more recoil than an AK!)

It seems to increase my felt recoil when I'm in the lane next to you.