PDA

View Full Version : PPSH-41 For California?

Gberberian
03-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Atlanticfirearms is advertising the PPSH-41 for about a grand... Im really tempted to order one but I understand there is one issue that i see.. The drum magazine -_-. I'd want to be safe than sorry but I do not see a pistol grip and it is also Semi-Automatic. Cal: 7.62mm X 25mm Tok Ammo. Would it be CA Legal to order one? What do you think guys should I go for it? Yey Or Ney?

Heres the link. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct546.aspx

Vlad 11
03-31-2010, 1:02 AM
I dont think its long enough....

oops n/m i see its a remake w a longer barrel....

thefifthspeed
03-31-2010, 1:29 AM
See if the they will ship minus the mags?

It appears to cover the 16" barrel and 30" OAL but I would double check with them. Aside from that a PPSH isn't banned by name and the only evil feature is the detach mag. Several Calgunners have PPSH's from various mfgs so they exist in CA.

RaceDay
03-31-2010, 7:23 AM
Its legal except for the mags. It says it will ship with stick mag and not the drum. You'll just need to have them come as parts kits and then you'd have to mod them down to 10rd'ers.

Get it. I'm on the fence with PPSH41. Also with Suomi. Get it, I'll bring a few boxes of 7.62x25 and after I fall in love with your carbine, I'll buy one of my own. :D

Nick1236
03-31-2010, 7:26 AM
These are built using originalPolish Military kits with enough US parts to comply with current regulations, they are well built and the metal is completely refinished with gun kote & come with 2 stick mags & rifle hard case not the drum pictured. Quality fit & finsh backed up by a 2 year warranty.

Read the description, comes with 2 stick mags not the drum.

Milsurp Collector
03-31-2010, 9:13 AM
What do you think guys should I go for it? Yey Or Ney?

Well, since you asked, I vote nay. :p;):D

E-120
03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
I just ordered the PPS43 from norse. I have been waiting for one of these since building a Tamiya model tank in Middle school. I will eventually get the suomi. Would love a PPSH41, but I am turned off by the long barrel shroud.

gadjeep
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
I just ordered the PPS43 from norse. I have been waiting for one of these since building a Tamiya model tank in Middle school. I will eventually get the suomi. Would love a PPSH41, but I am turned off by the long barrel shroud.

You mean "the shoulder thing that goes up"? :43::43:

ca1903
04-01-2010, 1:02 PM
a friend ordered one as he is also a re-enactor. I'll play with his!!

haodoken
04-01-2010, 1:16 PM

Looking to get one. Did you get in 7.62x25 or 9mm (i.e. Finnish KP44)? Pistol or Rifle?

E-120
04-01-2010, 3:24 PM
The pistol version with a fixed stock in the folded position. I believe its from Poland. 7.62x25.

Barabas
04-02-2010, 8:12 PM
Man, couldn't they have just extended the barrel and kept the shroud original?! I have no interest in this version.

timdps
04-02-2010, 9:44 PM
Man, couldn't they have just extended the barrel and kept the shroud original?! I have no interest in this version.

InterOrdnance (now Royal Tiger) built Ppsh41s configured that way, but the were a lot of other issues with the guns, so they did not sell well.

They still have a few of the receiver./barrel/shroud pieces left, but will not sell them to Californians. I have two of the receivers and a couple of kits sitting at Project Guns waiting for them to find time to play with them.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=241&category_id=23&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Tim

timdps
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
a friend ordered one as he is also a re-enactor. I'll play with his!!

Hope he is not planning to use it at a reenactment. Don't think any of the California Russian units would allow it in the field because of the farbylicious long/barrel shroud. Better off getting one of the PPs43 pistols.

Tim

saki302
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
The short shroud/long extension receivers are known to have issues- the metal is soft and thinner than the later guns.

Some versions worked much better than others too- I know the Allied Armament guns (no longer made) function fine. I know the wise-like and IO builds have problems, accordign to a few folks who bought them.

AA also made 10 roudn mags specifically for CA. I'd call them and see if they have any left to sell you.

The BIG advantage of the PPSH is *IF* you have old high cap mags for it, you can take it to the range as-is and blast away. Ammo is still cheap (And corrosive).

-Dave