PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the SEI M14 cheek piece?

HEUER
02-12-2006, 10:59 PM
I looked through the Brownells new catalog and I noticed a new SEI cheek piece made out of fabric. Has anyone tried the SEI M14 cheek piece? Can someone reccommend one that attaches with straps?

Josh
02-12-2006, 11:27 PM
i have the thicker version on mine. I like it however it is still not as high as I would like it to be using a smith ent scope mount and arms low rings.

I can get a sufficient cheek/chin weld and it is worlds better than just the plain stock. Before this I was using a eagle cheek rest with foam taped underneath for a good cheek weld, but I found this to be too cumbersome and it would shift around far too much while transporting the rifle.

HEUER
02-12-2006, 11:28 PM
i have the thicker version on mine. I like it however it is still not as high as I would like it to be using a smith ent scope mount and arms low rings.

I can get a sufficient cheek/chin weld and it is worlds better than just the plain stock. Before this I was using a eagle cheek rest with foam taped underneath for a good cheek weld, but I found this to be too cumbersome and it would shift around far too much while transporting the rifle.

Cool. Did you get it in the tan camo?

Josh
02-12-2006, 11:31 PM
naw, im not tactical enough for that :p

actually at the time when I ordered from smith, they were out of tan for 2 weeks and I really didnt care which color I got.

Besides, basic black goes with everything.

HEUER
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Cool. Black is fine with me. Thanks!

KrazyKevy
02-13-2006, 2:09 AM
SEI charges $40 for a dam fabric pad that is non-adjustable. Why not get one from Rooster33 or Karsten. The Rooster Cheek Rest is made of ABS plastic. Karstens is made of thick Kydex..extremely durable. Both look almost identical. They charge about 40-45 and both are adjustable up and down.

Karstens:
http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/albums/forsale/Mvc_030s.jpg

Jicko
02-13-2006, 7:30 AM
Links? to where to get these(with good prices)? Thanks!

PS. are they buttstock specific?

SEI charges $40 for a dam fabric pad that is non-adjustable. Why not get one from Rooster33 or Karsten. The Rooster Cheek Rest is made of ABS plastic. Karstens is made of thick Kydex..extremely durable. Both look almost identical. They charge about 40-45 and both are adjustable up and down.

Karstens: