PDA

View Full Version : The Beretta Rx4 Storm will be California-legal!

lunde
02-12-2006, 4:36 PM
Check out my SIGforum thread, along with the photos I took this morning: http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/800105194

Oh, yeah. I am buying one. It felt great, and was very solid.

TonyM
02-12-2006, 4:40 PM
Very Nice. Any idea/word on pricing?

C.G.
02-12-2006, 5:02 PM
+1. Yup, I am saving my pennies. Does it take standard AR mags?

TonyM
02-12-2006, 5:16 PM
+1. Yup, I am saving my pennies. Does it take standard AR mags?

That's the word.

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 5:31 PM
BUY IT FAST!!! The DOJ will be updating the Category 1 list as soon as they're done updating the AR/AK list!!!

They'll definitely be trying to prevent the Storm and the SIG551 from comming into the state.

On a side note the cali-stock actually looks cooler than the pistol-grip stock ripped from the benelli. I'll be charging up my credit card to buy one before it goes on the list.

bu-bye
02-12-2006, 5:32 PM
I'm SO down for one!!!

HEUER
02-12-2006, 5:34 PM

Benneli R1 goes for about 1200.00, I would expect this rifle to be in the same ball park.

HEUER
02-12-2006, 5:36 PM
[QUOTE=shopkeep]BUY IT FAST!!! The DOJ will be updating the Category 1 list as soon as they're done updating the AR/AK list!!!

They'll definitely be trying to prevent the Storm and the SIG551 from comming into the state.

They could update the list soon, but all indications have pointed that they are taking their time with the AR / AK list (if the list comes out Mon morning I'm wrong:p ).

Like Ruger, Berreta will have this rifle approved for sale no problem.

bu-bye
02-12-2006, 5:36 PM
Benneli R1 goes for about 1200.00, I would expect this rifle to be in the same ball park.

I'm SO rethinking my first post!!!

uspcompact45
02-12-2006, 5:38 PM
The pistol grip will be ca legal?

HEUER
02-12-2006, 5:39 PM

No, it does not comply with SB 23. Ths standard stock will be legal.

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 5:40 PM

No. Certainly not.

HEUER
02-12-2006, 5:44 PM
I can tell you now that this rifle will cost a lot, you may want to consider trading in the Kel Tec SU 16 CA.

I would like to see the rifle field stripped before I even think about dropping 1200.00.

The trend to rifles accepting AR 15 magazines will continue. AR 15 magazines are cheap and plentiful in free America.

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 5:45 PM
No, it does not comply with SB 23. Ths standard stock will be legal.

OK I think I get it...

So a Cali-legal RX-4 without a pistol grip complete with lasers, optics, pre-ban high cap mags, and tactical sling is NOT an Assualt Weapon?

But if I add a detachable magazine to an SKS, despite it not being any different cosmetically or functionally to the RX-4 I've created an illegal Assault Weapon?

And if I have an AW Permit I can weld up the magwell on a Colt or other category 2 rifle it is NO LONGER an Assualt Weapon?

But.. if you take an off list lower and build it up with a pinned 10 round mag that requires field-stripping to reload you've created an Assault Weapon that has to be registered with the DOJ?

Gotta love gun laws in this state. They make sooooo much sense!

C.G.
02-12-2006, 5:48 PM
OK I think I get it...

So a Cali-legal RX-4 without a pistol grip complete with lasers, optics, pre-ban high cap mags, and tactical sling is NOT an Assualt Weapon?

But if I add a detachable magazine to an SKS, despite it not being any different cosmetically or functionally to the RX-4 I've created an illegal Assault Weapon?

And if I have an AW Permit I can weld up the magwell on a Colt or other category 2 rifle it is NO LONGER an Assualt Weapon?

But.. if you take an off list lower and build it up with a pinned 10 round mag that requires field-stripping to reload you've created an Assault Weapon that has to be registered with the DOJ?

And by the way, the Beretta CX-4 Storm was already not legal in PRK because it has a pistol grip.

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 5:54 PM
And by the way, the Beretta CX-4 Storm was already not legal in PRK because it has a pistol grip.

Well essentially due to federal laws on carbines and SB-23 outlawing pistol grips, almost all pistol caliber carbines are banned in the PRK.

Probably a solid 90% of pistol caliber carbines accept the mag in the pistol grip. Hence now there are very few legal options.

This of course my friend is where my Carbon Fiber Vulcan lower comes in... just toss on a bushmaster Carbon-15 9mm upper and 6 pos stock kit, and get an FFL with a high-cap mag permit to convert a Carbon-15 9mm mag into a 10 rounder and BINGO! Cali-Legal 9mm carbine :D! Well at least until it goes on the list GRRR....!!!!:mad:

HEUER
02-12-2006, 5:56 PM
OK I think I get it...

Over the past 5 years I have consolidtated calibers and concentrated my efforts on SB 23 compliant rifles. I am anticipating on having even less time for my hobby then I do now, so my priorties have been to purchase ammo and make sure all my rifles have good quality slings and all magazines are selaed and locked away.

I purchased a lower from Ben and Josh. But I won't touch it until they resolve the status of the recievers. A fixed magazine rifle does not appeal to me.For now SB 23 is the law. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. :o

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 6:22 PM
Over the past 5 years I have consolidtated calibers and concentrated my efforts on SB 23 compliant rifles. I am anticipating on having even less time for my hobby then I do now, so my priorties have been to purchase ammo and make sure all my rifles have good quality slings and all magazines are selaed and locked away.

I purchased a lower from Ben and Josh. But I won't touch it until they resolve the status of the recievers. A fixed magazine rifle does not appeal to me.For now SB 23 is the law. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. :o

Likewise I only intend to build up one lower to play with as a fixed mag rifle until I see how this whole episode plays out. I even got some carbon fiber lowers, a 6.8mm lower, and a .308 lower in my collection :D!

bwiese
02-12-2006, 6:22 PM
The Beretta guy I talked to at SHOT Show said they'd eventually become a commercial item but that their efforts on this gun were focued toward LEO sales first.

Yes, with a 16" barrel and conventional non-pistol-grip stock it is CA-legal as long as no flash hider on it.

lunde
02-12-2006, 6:38 PM
Suggest retail price is $960, according to the fellow I spoke with at the Beretta booth.

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 6:54 PM
The Beretta guy I talked to at SHOT Show said they'd eventually become a commercial item but that their efforts on this gun were focued toward LEO sales first.

Yes, with a 16" barrel and conventional non-pistol-grip stock it is CA-legal as long as no flash hider on it.

I sure hope they can get it into the state before the DOJ decides to "clean up" the rest of the list. Of course any new listings with court-add ons are just speculation but if they were going to do it then I wouldn't be surprised to see the RX-4 go in there. For now I think it's safe to say they'll be adding the CaliFALs because if they didn't they'd have trouble supporting their argument why one pinned mag rifle is NOT an assault weapon and the other is.

C.G.
02-12-2006, 7:18 PM
Suggest retail price is $960, according to the fellow I spoke with at the Beretta booth.

Excellent, that means that retail should be about $750 once the novelty wears off. Thanks for the info.:D

originally posted by Shopkeep
I sure hope they can get it into the state before the DOJ decides to "clean up" the rest of the list. Of course any new listings with court-add ons are just speculation but if they were going to do it then I wouldn't be surprised to see the RX-4 go in there. For now I think it's safe to say they'll be adding the CaliFALs because if they didn't they'd have trouble supporting their argument why one pinned mag rifle is NOT an assault weapon and the other is.

You must be getting paranoid, how is the RX4 in the non pistol grip variation different from Kel-Tec SU-16?:confused:
That is like saying that all semi-autos will be banned!:rolleyes:

Edit: I guess Technical Ted got there before me.

Gunner1
02-12-2006, 7:26 PM
I would like to be in on the group buy:D

Gunner

WallySparx
02-12-2006, 7:56 PM
is it just me, or does the regular stock actually look handier than the pistol grip on this carbine?

lunde
02-12-2006, 7:59 PM
You're not the only one. I fondled both, and prefer the one without a pistol grip stock.

Gunner1
02-12-2006, 7:59 PM
Wallysparx,

It is not just you, I think the California legal configuration looks much more user friendly than the other configutations. though we may be looking at early preproductions pics or photoshopped pics with shotgun stocks.

Gunner

lunde
02-12-2006, 8:02 PM
Gunner1, look at the photos in the SIGforum link I provided in the first post to this thread. There are four photos of an actual Rx4 Storm rifle in California-legal configuration.

Gunner1
02-12-2006, 8:05 PM
Lunde,

Thank you, These are much better than what I have been looking at elsewhere. Since you actually got to fondle one what is your impression???

Gunner

Sgt Raven
02-12-2006, 8:12 PM
You must be getting paranoid, how is the RX4 in the non pistol grip variation different from Kel-Tec SU-16?:confused:
That is like saying that all semi-autos will be banned.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Demo's trying to ban all detachable mag semi-autos this or next year.

lunde
02-12-2006, 8:14 PM
Gunner1, you wrote:Since you actually got to fondle one what is your impression???Me likey very muchy. The feel was very solid. Rather compact, too.

HeHateMe
02-12-2006, 8:18 PM
Sweet, I'll have to add that to the purchase list.

Gnote
02-12-2006, 8:31 PM
That is AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D
I think the CA version is very cool looking.

saki302
02-12-2006, 8:34 PM
I was surprised too- the gun felt very nice, and the trigger was pretty decent also!

Last thing I need- another gun to buy!

-Dave

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 8:42 PM
That is AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D
I think the CA version is very cool looking.

Personally I think the CA Version is already cooler looking than the Free States version because it's more compact and sporty. Adding a vertical grip stock, rail system, and tactical sling should add that extra evilness to it we all crave.

Sgt Raven
02-12-2006, 9:27 PM
It looks like it would be a long reach to the mag catch with your trigger finger. Can you drop the mag with a firing grip, or do you have to shift your hand to reach the mag catch?

lunde
02-13-2006, 4:25 AM
I manipulated the magazine release while I was fondling the Rx4 (California version), and had no problems reaching it while having my hand on the grip.

kick Z tail out
02-13-2006, 5:20 AM
That is like saying that all semi-autos will be banned!:rolleyes:
You say that like you couldn't see it happening.

Remember what state you live in and think about that statement again... :p

Oh and yes, that is one PRK-version rifle that actually might just look better than the Free America version! I just may get one. :cool:

kAnJii
02-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Definitely keep me informed once they get here:D

C.G.
02-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Looks like the start of an aftermarket market for RX4 mods :D

I'd think that Bu-Bye would be all over this one by now!:D

accordingtoome
02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
hmm... with the demand those are gonna bring.. .. whos down for a cost pool.. im betting.. at least 750.00 when they first come out:D

i bid $750.00 BOB..

phobos512
02-16-2006, 6:10 AM
Ok I have a question - someone on the SIG link said that AR mags can't be sold in PRK...Were they just referring to standard capacity mags, or any even including our neutered 10-rdrs? I'm confused...

Oh yes, and I think I'll take one. Definitely better than a SU16CA by the looks of it.

TonyM
02-16-2006, 6:46 AM
Ok I have a question - someone on the SIG link said that AR mags can't be sold in PRK...Were they just referring to standard capacity mags, or any even including our neutered 10-rdrs? I'm confused...

Oh yes, and I think I'll take one. Definitely better than a SU16CA by the looks of it.

Just Standard capacity. 10 round or less is perfectly legal.

phobos512
02-16-2006, 7:03 AM
Just Standard capacity. 10 round or less is perfectly legal.

Thought so, thanks.

bu-bye
02-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I'd think that Bu-Bye would be all over this one by now!:D

HAHAHAHA That is very true. The gears were turning when I read that. I just need to get my hands on one and I'll turn it into a swiss army knife:p

How many here saw the kids movie Robots? "See a need, fill a need" :D

I have decided to work part time designing and inventing things. I have a notebook with hundreds of ideas and new inventions. I now have the time to finish some of them.

dadoody
03-23-2009, 8:09 PM
So is this thing out yet in CA? Anyone have one?

Maddog5150
03-23-2009, 8:32 PM
GAAAAAH ZOMBIE POST!!!!!!!!

No. It isnt going to be released ever. Talked to the beretta rep and due to some exportation laws in Italy, they arnt going to make them. They are thinking of bringing it out of the US plant but have no plans to at the moment.

C.G.
03-23-2009, 9:05 PM
Vow, another necro thread.:eek:

dfletcher
03-23-2009, 9:28 PM
Geez, I got through the first two pages of "DOJ is gonna update and ban ......." before I saw the dates.

IIRC, wasn't there a fellow on here who had some point of contact with Beretta & got them interested in a CA version?

Quiet
03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
GAAAAAH ZOMBIE POST!!!!!!!!

No. It isnt going to be released ever. Talked to the beretta rep and due to some exportation laws in Italy, they arnt going to make them. They are thinking of bringing it out of the US plant but have no plans to at the moment.

What he said.

Bug Splat
03-24-2009, 7:50 AM
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2009-february/back_to_the_future.jpg