PDA

View Full Version : Finnish SVT-40 import marks.

CGRangeMonkey
03-30-2010, 1:44 AM
I just picked up an SA marked Finnish captured SVT-40. My buddys got one too. Both our rifles don't have import marks. Is this common or not? Thanks

pogo
03-30-2010, 7:00 AM
None of the Finnish captured SVTs I've seen had them, they were imported long before import marks were required. Most are non-matching as well, the Finns seem to have reworked them to replace worn parts and assure function .

Nice buy, wish I hadn't sold mine, where did you pick it up?

Fate
03-30-2010, 8:20 AM
+1, they were imported prior to the regulation they be import marked. Do yours also have the "2" marked gas knob? That was a Finnish modification (& enlarging the gas port hole).

CGRangeMonkey
03-30-2010, 8:18 PM
Picked it up at G-broker. I got lucky. It came with a bayonett, sheath, and sling. I paid $200 less than my buddy who did'nt get all the extras. The bolt and bolt carrier are both electro- penciled. The penciling looks old and "euroish" aka fancy. No numbers match to each other. Not even the electro penciled parts. The gas numbers are 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.7, and what might be a 2. What is a good setting to start at? I'm guessing 1.2 and work my way up. I plan on shooting Bulgy surp for now.

run8
03-30-2010, 8:27 PM
I search out rifles w/o import marks, my two SVT 40's, non-Finn captures don't have import marks.