PDA

View Full Version : **NEW FROM LOS ANGELES (NEED SOME ADVICE)**

JOHNNYBOY1937
03-30-2010, 12:32 AM
HEY EVERYONE, I'M JOHNNY AND I LIVE IN NORTHEAST LOS ANGELES (NEAR DODGER STADIUM)... I LOVE TO SHOOT HANDGUNS, RIFLES ,AND SHOTGUNS.. I HAVE BEEN TO THE L.A. GUN CLUB A FEW TIMES AND ALWAYS TAKE A FRIEND WITH ME, TO ENCOURAGE THEM THAT FIREARMS ARE FUN WHEN USED RESPONSIBLY.. I HOPE TO LEARN ALOT OF THINGS ON THIS WEBSITE, AS I AM VERY INTERESTED IN FIREARMS..

QUICK QUESTION-
A BUDDY OF MINE IS VISITING OUT IN NORTH DAKOTA AND FOUND A COACH DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN FOR ME IN A GUN STORE.. I THINK IT IS WITHIN THE CALIFORNIA GUIDE LINES. CAN HE SHIP IT TO ME FROM NORTH DAKOTA TO LOS ANGELES ?? AND IF SO, WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND? THANKS.

Mr Wizard
03-30-2010, 7:04 AM
Welcome to calguns.
You might get a better response if you placed your question in the general gun section, but to answer your question, no he can not ship it direct to you. It must be shipped to an 01 FFL and then he would need to transfer it into your name, since he is the purchaser. The exception would be if it is a C&R long gun (over 50 yrs old) and you hold an 03 FFL lincense.

Unless it is a very special coach gun, you are better of buying local and support a gunshop in California.

Good luck.

TWoods450
03-30-2010, 7:06 AM
LOUD NOISES!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

JOHNNYBOY1937
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
LOUD NOISES!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

Sorry, That's what happens when you don't use ear plugs at the range...

JOHNNYBOY1937
04-02-2010, 10:36 PM
:59:

cntrolsguy
04-02-2010, 10:36 PM
He can't ship it directly to you, but should have not problem shipping it to an FFL to do a transfer as long as it meets the length requirements.