PDA

View Full Version : B,M Carbon 15

Shoot-it
02-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Bushmaster Carbon 15

I wanted too know how do they shoot and how accurate are they.What kind off shot groups can you get at 100 yards.

Can I put a standard upper on the carbon lower.I think it should work it might look funny.They only come in a 16 " and I would like too put a 20 " varmint upper on it with the FA .

ligamentum flavum
02-12-2006, 1:14 AM
Bushmaster Carbon 15

I wanted too know how do they shoot and how accurate are they.What kind off shot groups can you get at 100 yards.

Can I put a standard upper on the carbon lower.I think it should work it might look funny.They only come in a 16 " and I would like too put a 20 " varmint upper on it with the FA .

just off the top of my head, you should be able to mount a different upper to the carbon 15. the carbon 15's main difference besides being composite is the magazine area is completely enclosed. therefore, there is no magwell. there is a magazine release button though.

accuracy would vary according to bullet type/weight. i haven't shot one so i can't say what works for me. i'd expect accuracy to be similar to other bushy's with the same upper. probably 1-2 MOA with match grade ammo at 100y.

Shoot-it
02-12-2006, 1:28 AM
I dont no why but their is a.... mag release Button i was checking that out at my local gun shop....:confused: I was wondering why it was there i pushed it and it went in a little.THe mag is sealed alright.

kick Z tail out
02-12-2006, 5:10 AM
I have one and love it. Extremely light. :cool: Shoots like a dream. So far I haven't had a chance to get out to a 100 yard spot, but it's dead accurate at 60 yards (the best spot I can get to without off roading too far) with no tweaking neccessary so far... Came pretty well zeroed -at least for that range.

Yes, the mag release works... The magazine just doesn't drop when you push it... Because it can't ;)

Here's my girlfriend with it:

http://www.porteighty.biz/uploads/Carbon1500.jpg

shopkeep
02-12-2006, 5:32 PM
If you're thinking of getting a Bushmaster CARBON-15 you should follow my route.

Get a Vulcan Carbon Fiber lower reciever, then build it up with a Bushmaster Carbon-15 upper, stock, and LPK.

Result: pinned Carbon-15 and possiblity for Carbon-15 9mm rifle :D!

Shoot-it
02-12-2006, 9:43 PM
I was thinking of the vulcan but no one in my area wanted too carry the vulcans.I didnt want too drive an hour too get one either i dont care much for the B,M carbon upper any way no F.A or port cover.I will put a nother upper on it someday.