PDA

View Full Version : San Fran Pink Pistol march, late Jun.

nicki
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Last year we marched in the annual gay prkife parade. Much to my amazement we only had a few hecklers, many in the crowd were supportive.

The next march will be after the MacDonald ruling. Needless to say our opponents are not going to be very happy, I bet the BS Spin factor will be off/the chart.

A large contingent of Pink Pistols and their supporters would be our way of saying hi guys in their backyard. I'm sure the LCAV would love us.

Nicki

ZombieTactics
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I am certain that you and I would differ about all sorts of things politically, but I wholly support this effort. It seems to me that if any one particular group of people had "good cause" to be packing ... yours is it. Of course, I don't generally like dividing up people into special classes or groups. :-)

OleCuss
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
But if we show up too, then the division isn't so clear. That might be an argument for showing up!

But since the actual utility of such marches seems rather low, it might be better to take someone out to the range and teach them responsible gun ownership.

Jamez
03-29-2010, 4:52 PM
Any plans for the Sac area?

Window_Seat
03-29-2010, 7:16 PM
There are parts of the GR issue I don't agree with, but this one I can most definitely be in favor of.

Erik.

Pixs
03-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Excellent!

Pistol Packin' Breeders
4 Gay Rights!

Why not? It just might open up a few doors to some extra support for our cause and theirs.

hoffmang
03-30-2010, 7:58 PM
Who will march with the Pink Pistols and me? Last year quite a few Calgunners marched and I want there to be a lot more.

Civil rights are civil rights.

-Gene

GSequoia
03-30-2010, 8:23 PM
Who will march with the Pink Pistols and me? Last year quite a few Calgunners marched and I want there to be a lot more.

-Gene

I'd like to but at the moment I can't plan that far out...

Tagged for confirmed dates too.

Pixs
03-31-2010, 9:17 AM

-Gene

Hi Gene,

It would be an honor to march with you and the other members that will march. I very much agree with your point of view. Now all I need is the weather to cooperate and I'll be there, I may even bring a rainbow flag and the old lady too.

Best to all,

Pixs:TFH::eek::)

kaiserworks
03-31-2010, 9:30 AM
dates?

Pont
03-31-2010, 9:47 AM
dates?

Bring your own dates. Be sure they're well dressed.

;)

CSACANNONEER
03-31-2010, 9:48 AM
If the dates don't conflict with a match I have in June or a re-enactment, I might make the 7-8 hour drive. I really need to pick up a few of my guns that I loaned my dad a few years ago and, this would be a good excuse to get up there. I bet my wife would come too.

CSACANNONEER
03-31-2010, 9:49 AM

;)

If you can't find one before the march, I bet you can find one afterwards.;)

Liberty1
03-31-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm up for it pending work schedule/time off approval.

zinfull
03-31-2010, 10:54 AM
May show up if I can get away from the convention. It will go past the hotel where I am staying.

jerry

Full Clip
03-31-2010, 11:07 AM
I grew up in the East Bay, went to SFSU, and lived in SF for a few years sounds like a good excuse to drive up north.

CSACANNONEER
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Hummm, do I see a Calguns convoy heading up I5 in a couple of months? We'll all need to get CG flags for our vehicles.

N6ATF
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
prkife?

Steyrlp10
03-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Once you have firm details on the date and location, I'll check my calendar. Like some of you, I have a heavy match schedule in June, especially the Chow Match at the SFPD.

However, I enjoy the company of other Calgunners and think this would be a great get-together in support of 2A.

zinfull
03-31-2010, 1:07 PM
The 40th anniversary SF Pride event on June 26-27, 2010. The 40th anniversary parade kicks off at 10:30am, Saturday June 28th from the Embarcadero Plaza

jerry

a1c
03-31-2010, 1:40 PM
Haven't been to the Pride in 2 years. Sounds like a good excuse to go and parade - although I might have a conflicting trip.

Jamez
05-15-2010, 8:25 AM
Depending on work and some other things I'd be there!

GrizzlyGuy
05-15-2010, 9:00 AM

I'm in, if I don't end up with some kind of unforseen scheduling conflict and my flippin' back doesn't go out on me again. :)

Window_Seat
05-15-2010, 9:27 AM
I won't go unless I have a (FM) date.:p

Seriously, not totally certain I could go, but I will try to plan for it.

Erik.

GrizzlyGuy
05-15-2010, 9:59 AM
The 40th anniversary SF Pride event on June 26-27, 2010. The 40th anniversary parade kicks off at 10:30am, Saturday June 28th from the Embarcadero Plaza

jerry

Maybe things have changed since you posted, but if you go here (http://sfpride.org/) and click on the "PARADE" link on the left side, it says:

SF Pride Parade along Market Street

Sunday, June 27th, 2010
Parade kicks off at 10:30 a.m. at Market St. & Beale and ends at Market & 8th St. in Downtown San Francisco [MAP]

I couldn't find any info on the Pink Pistols site (http://www.pinkpistols.org) about how this all works (where do we go, what do we wear or bring, etc.). It would be great if some of the Calguns veterans from prior years could post some info so that we newbies could get our plans together for attending.

pointedstick
05-15-2010, 10:19 AM

-Gene

I'm totally there. Can't wait to hear the details. Where can I go for more info?

gunsmith
05-15-2010, 2:52 PM

;)

Yeah, I've been to several parades, lot of guys in dresses ;-).
Being that open carry of unloaded long arms is legal, is anyone planning on this?

b.faust
05-15-2010, 3:25 PM
Being that open carry of unloaded long arms is legal, is anyone planning on this?

There is a school like every 5 feet in SF, so I wouldn't advise it.

That being said, I'm about 90% sure I'm available that weekend, so I'm down for joining the march!

B.

gunsmith
05-15-2010, 4:11 PM

That being said, I'm about 90% sure I'm available that weekend, so I'm down for joining the march!

B.

oh, I thought the school zone only applied to handguns not long guns, are you sure school zone applies to long guns? there isn't a penal code or something you can cite is there? thanks!

BTW, I worked as an armed guard for MUNI for a few of the pride parades, the folks are real friendly and a little buzzed to say the least even us str8 guys can have a blast-if you drink, don't drive!

nicki
05-15-2010, 4:51 PM
Tom is handling details, but parade is last traditionally the last Sunday of the month.

We can't carry weapons per parade rules. We can carry holsters, you can leave them empty, or put in things like bananas, constitutions or since it is San Fran, something else although most of you guys would feel weird if you get my drift.

The Parade will be post MacDonald ruling, with a "due process" incorporation of the 2A, the march would definitely be in your face march.

If we get "Privileges and Immunities", that could drastically change things and in a real good way.

Fees have been taken care of, the biggest problem we have at this time are traffic safety monitors. This requires the monitors to take a 4 our class prior to the march.

We need to have 1 monitor per 8 people. I would rather have too many than too few people pre trained.

Last year we had 8 people, would be great if we had hundred people.

If we had enough people, we could actually have a loud chants down the middle of San Fran.

Some examples:

Armed Gays don't get bashed!
Gun safety YES!
Victim Disarmament NO!
VD Kills!

Self Defense, A Human Right, Victim Disarmament No, VD Kills.

Nothing in stone.

Who knows, we may make the news:rolleyes:

Nicki

putput
05-15-2010, 5:00 PM
I'm in and I'm looking into bringing some friends.

gunsmith
05-16-2010, 7:01 AM
" Originally Posted by b.faust View Post

B."

oh, I thought the school zone only applied to handguns not long guns, are you sure school zone applies to long guns? there isn't a penal code or something you can cite is there? thanks!

BTW, I worked as an armed guard for MUNI for a few of the pride parades, the folks are real friendly and a little buzzed to say the least even us str8 guys can have a blast-if you drink, don't drive!

I really thought the school zone was for handguns, but I cant find any reliable info, one of you guys would know, right?