PDA

View Full Version : The S.A.M Money Bomb! This April 7th! (Second Amendment March)

Jamsie567
03-29-2010, 9:35 AM
The national event for Second Amendment March is scheduled for April 19, 2010. Here is a video promoting the S.A.M. Money Bomb on April 7! This is an online effort to help raise funds to assist the march to ensure it's success.

ZCyCwJisC8Q

The event is at the Washington D.C. Monument on April 19.
from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Scheduled Speakers:
Larry Pratt
Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman
Kenn Blanchard
Suzanna G. Hupp
Sheriff Richard Mack
Bill Hunt running for O.C. Sheriff
Michael Bane
Nikki Goeser
Nicki Stallard
Mark Walters
David Burnett
Doc Thompson
David Codrea
Philip Van Cleave
Representative Paul Broun

For more information visit http://www.SecondAmendmentMarch.Org

CCWFacts
03-29-2010, 9:47 AM
DON'T DONATE TO THIS GROUP! DON'T GO!

These marches are harmful to us. They accomplish nothing. As someone else here called it, it's the "march of the unemployed". It makes our side look like a joke.

If you feel like you really *need* to do something to protect the 2A on that day, take a non-shooting friend to the range! That has a million times more positive impact than spending a day being laughed at by media and legislators.

bwiese
03-29-2010, 9:49 AM
I'm puzzled.

Why do we want to give money to "help a march"- instead of helping gunrights?

Political contacts have frequently said that things like marches and demonstrations do little, if any, good. Pols and staff of both parties look out their windows over cofffe and say "Who's protesting today?" We're also aware that things can readily go sideways when the press comes and picks out the 3 or 4 illiterates dressed in cammies for interviews - some of which might be Brady provacateurs.

I don't see any use/any good coming out of this. I kinda feel sorry for some of the speakers being "used" by this - unless, of course, they're getting paid for this.

sfwdiy
03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/26518/881999-this_will_not_end_well_super.jpg

--B

xxdabroxx
03-29-2010, 1:22 PM
The national event for Second Amendment March is scheduled for April 19, 2010. Here is a video promoting the S.A.M. Money Bomb on April 7! This is an online effort to help raise funds to assist the march to ensure it's success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCyCwJisC8Q

The event is at the Washington D.C. Monument on April 19.
from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Scheduled Speakers:
Larry Pratt
Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman
Kenn Blanchard
Suzanna G. Hupp
Sheriff Richard Mack
Bill Hunt running for O.C. Sheriff
Michael Bane
Nikki Goeser
Nicki Stallard
Mark Walters
David Burnett
Doc Thompson
David Codrea
Philip Van Cleave
Representative Paul Broun

For more information visit http://www.SecondAmendmentMarch.Org

What does this accomplish again? :sleeping:

bwiese
03-29-2010, 1:30 PM
It's got Larry Pratt at the top of the list, so I guess GOA needs some new carpet in the den.

Jamsie567
03-29-2010, 2:45 PM
What does this accomplish again? :sleeping:

It sends a message of unity to our representatives in D.C. who are elected by the people for the people. They vote on the legislation so this is also helping create support which is equally important and a part of the 2A fight. If you disagree with that logic we can agree to disagree and that is okay.

I believe their goal is around 30K to help pay for some accommodations and probably some flight arrangements for the speakers.

KylaGWolf
03-29-2010, 3:00 PM
No this march will help the anti gunnies say that those that have guns are a certain sterotype. Not to mention why would I want to donate money for a march that won't do a lot of good for anyone but those that are lining their pockets. I would rather spend my money where I know it will do the most good for and most for the money I give.

bwiese
03-29-2010, 3:01 PM
It sends a message of unity to our representatives in D.C. who are elected by the people for the people. They vote on the legislation so this is also helping create support which is equally important and a part of the 2A fight.

I assure you no legislator will even be remotely disturbed, interested or changed thru this effort.

There will be 500? 1000? people maybe gathered for this.

There will be 500? 1000? people gathered to support (or oppose) painting BeanieBabies purple too.

This is just Larry Pratt trying to show he's relevant, because nobody in the House/Senate really listens to him.

If you disagree with that logic we can agree to disagree and that is okay.

Exhorting people to pay valued $$ best targeted elsewhere in the gunrights fight is something that goes beyond a trivial agree to disagree difference.

It's an outright waste of money for something that politicians ignore.

Sounds like at least some of the speakers need their vacation jaunts funded.

KylaGWolf
03-29-2010, 3:03 PM
It sends a message of unity to our representatives in D.C. who are elected by the people for the people. They vote on the legislation so this is also helping create support which is equally important and a part of the 2A fight. If you disagree with that logic we can agree to disagree and that is okay.

I believe their goal is around 30K to help pay for some accommodations and probably some flight arrangements for the speakers.

OK so you state they want 30k for this march for some accommodations and some flight arrangements. Well if those are the only speakers that are going to be there that is about 2k per person. Let them fly in on Jet Blue for cheap and stay at the local Motel 6 sounds more like they are looking for first class flights and five star hotels at those kinds of bucks.

glbtrottr
03-29-2010, 3:06 PM
Jamsie again.

Didn't you try to raise some money for Ron Paul once?

How'd that work out?

Writing another check to calguns....

Reloaderx2
03-29-2010, 3:11 PM

These marches are harmful to us. They accomplish nothing. As someone else here called it, it's the "march of the unemployed". It makes our side look like a joke.

If you feel like you really *need* to do something to protect the 2A on that day, take a non-shooting friend to the range! That has a million times more positive impact than spending a day being laughed at by media and legislators.

Lets stop being gun activists and attending rallys because the liberal media and politicians might laugh at us. While we are at it stop the Tea parties because the libs don't like those people either. Great Idea.

bwiese
03-29-2010, 3:24 PM
Lets stop being gun activists and attending rallys because the liberal media and politicians might laugh at us. While we are at it stop the Tea parties because the libs don't like those people either. Great Idea.

And how does your above statement refute that such a rally is a bad idea with likely deleterious or at best useless effects?

It doesn't.

KylaGWolf
03-29-2010, 3:27 PM

A march of the unemployed might do more good than this circus that GOA is trying to back.

kf6tac
03-29-2010, 3:40 PM
Lets stop being gun activists and attending rallys because the liberal media and politicians might laugh at us.

Where is it ordained that one must attend rallies in order to be a gun activist?

Reloaderx2
03-29-2010, 3:56 PM
And how does your above statement refute that such a rally is a bad idea with likely deleterious or at best useless effects?

It doesn't.

I disagree. Hiding under the bed helps no one but the libs. I thought this was Calguns not the Huffington Post.

bwiese
03-29-2010, 3:59 PM
I disagree. Hiding under the bed helps no one but the libs. I thought this was Calguns not the Huffington Post.

It's not - it's practical politics with results.

Legislative aides have told me repeatedly that staff of both parties look out on the plazas, have their coffee, wonder who's protesting, etc. If it's not the gun people one day, it's the Purple Beanie Babies the next day.

Unless you can put 750K out there it has zero effect.

Period.

kf6tac
03-29-2010, 4:24 PM
Hiding under the bed helps no one but the libs.

Just because one is not hiding under a bed does not mean that one's actions are any more helpful than hiding under a bed.

jdberger
03-29-2010, 4:36 PM

Are you suggesting that CGN and CGF members are "hiding under the bed"?

bwiese
03-29-2010, 4:45 PM
Are you suggesting that CGN and CGF members are "hiding under the bed"?

I can't hide under my bed. Too much ammo is stored there.

CCWFacts
03-29-2010, 4:47 PM

If I told you, "Reloaderx2, will you join me and millions of other gun owners on such-and-such date, when we will all go into our bathrooms, fill the bathtub with water, stick our head under water and blow bubbles for 15 seconds, to defend the 2A?" You would probably not be interested in doing that, because you would realize that, while it is some kind of "action", it's an action which is a complete waste of time and will have no benefits.

This march is about as effective. Spending time or money on something that has no benefit is just spinning your wheels. It's a shame because there are plenty of productive actions you could take right now.

If you want to spend money, but not time, send it to CalGuns or the NRA.

Or if you want to invest time, but not money, spend it by taking a non-shooting friend to the range.

Or if you want to invest both time and money, there are many more things to do. You could take a non-shooting friend to the range and offer free ammo as an incentive, for example.

All these things are effective.

Going to a sparsely attended march, which will be laughed at by all observers, is a complete waste of time, and an embarrassment.

Reloaderx2
03-29-2010, 6:45 PM
If I told you, "Reloaderx2, will you join me and millions of other gun owners on such-and-such date, when we will all go into our bathrooms, fill the bathtub with water, stick our head under water and blow bubbles for 15 seconds, to defend the 2A?" You would probably not be interested in doing that, because you would realize that, while it is some kind of "action", it's an action which is a complete waste of time and will have no benefits.

This march is about as effective. Spending time or money on something that has no benefit is just spinning your wheels. It's a shame because there are plenty of productive actions you could take right now.

If you want to spend money, but not time, send it to CalGuns or the NRA.

Or if you want to invest time, but not money, spend it by taking a non-shooting friend to the range.

Or if you want to invest both time and money, there are many more things to do. You could take a non-shooting friend to the range and offer free ammo as an incentive, for example.

All these things are effective.

Going to a sparsely attended march, which will be laughed at by all observers, is a complete waste of time, and an embarrassment.

I do all those things you recommend and they are very effective. On the other hand I see people taking initiative. It is their time to waste. If a person is voicing their constitutional right to keep and bear arms at a national venue I wouldn't consider that an embarrassment. So I guess we can agree to disagree and wait and see how it turns out because it's going forward whether we like it or not. Not much point in discouraging turnout as it can only exacerbate any low turnout and worsen the embarrassment you are likely to feel. Just my 02.

HowardW56
03-29-2010, 8:26 PM

I agree

obeygiant
03-29-2010, 8:40 PM
I do all those things you recommend and they are very effective. On the other hand I see people taking initiative. It is their time to waste. If a person is voicing their constitutional right to keep and bear arms at a national venue I wouldn't consider that an embarrassment. So I guess we can agree to disagree and wait and see how it turns out because it's going forward whether we like it or not. Not much point in discouraging turnout as it can only exacerbate any low turnout and worsen the embarrassment you are likely to feel. Just my 02.

There are many here, including myself, that believe that the march will be a fruitless exercise. That being said, we can agree to disagree on the merit of such a venture but I would encourage you to get involved with the CGN Community Chapter (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183) in your area. It will give you an opportunity to get involved in the 2A movement in California in a way that will allow you to have an impact that goes beyond a single day or weekend.

chris10
03-29-2010, 9:37 PM
People like you destroy our cause because of your petty personal opinions. You people need to move on to where ever that takes you.

The cause is the second amendment. But there seems to be two types of groups fighting. One that takes to the streets and the other that uses the courts. Both have there place but can't always be effective at the same time. At this time our fight is in the courts, come june hopefully all will see this. I do believe that the people have the power and if needed, and had a good chance of success, I would take to the streets. But in order for us to show the power we need a whole lot of people.

wash
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I spent some money going to D.C. for McDonald vs. Chicago and honestly the money would have been better spent if I had donated to CGF or SAF instead.

It was a selfish thing but I reserve the right to be selfish from time to time.

This march is even less useful. When I was in D.C. I was able to speak with several people, talk about Calguns and the importance of incorporation. You've heard that no one will pay attention to this march unless some journalist can interview an illiterate in camo and an NRA hat.

If those guys want to do something that selfish, they should pay for it themself.

I would prefer that they just don't do it.

Stealth
03-30-2010, 8:30 AM
# of Guns laws removed because people marched: 0

# of Gun laws changed due to lawsuits: 100+ (not to mention high chance of incorporation of the 2A)

I am a value investor. My $$$ goes to CGF. I get more rights for the buck with them.

obeygiant
03-30-2010, 8:36 AM
There are many here, including myself, that believe that the march will be a fruitless exercise. That being said, we can agree to disagree on the merit of such a venture but I would encourage you to get involved with the CGN Community Chapter (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183) in your area. It will give you an opportunity to get involved in the 2A movement in California in a way that will allow you to have an impact that goes beyond a single day or weekend.

People like you destroy our cause because of your petty personal opinions. You people need to move on to where ever that takes you.

Rather than making this personal, why not get involved on a local level to do something to advance and protect our 2A rights in CA?

QuarterBoreGunner
03-30-2010, 9:03 AM
Gentlemen, this thread is still open because I believe the topic worthy of discussion; another moderator may not however. So to assure this stays open (if indeed that's a concern for the posters) cease and desist the petty bickering right now.

Personal opinions are just that - PERSONAL - everyone has one and everyone can share theirs. Intelligently and with respect. Got it?

yellowfin
03-30-2010, 9:10 AM
I'll gladly donate all the money that they stop the politicians from stealing from me. After they do so, not before.

xxdabroxx
03-30-2010, 9:51 AM
It sends a message of unity to our representatives in D.C.. They vote on the legislation so this is also helping create support which is equally important and a part of the 2A fight. fluff removed by xxdabroxx

How? What does "sending a message of unity" do? Whose ears will it fall on? Won't they be deaf?

Reloaderx2
03-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Good suggestion. I think I will take you up on that on.

obeygiant
03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Gentlemen, this thread is still open because I believe the topic worthy of discussion; another moderator may not however. So to assure this stays open (if indeed that's a concern for the posters) cease and desist the petty bickering right now.

Personal opinions are just that - PERSONAL - everyone has one and everyone can share theirs. Intelligently and with respect. Got it?

That's precisely what I was hoping to get away from. If my earlier post came across as anything other than that, I'll be happy to edit/reword it.

obeygiant
03-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Good suggestion. I think I will take you up on that on.

Glad to hear it! We can use all the help that we can get.

Jamsie567
03-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Freedom of speech and the right to bear arms are equally important and unalienable rights in my book. I believe it is a worthy cause and thank the moderator for leaving it up for discussion. The video I created for this effort was done for completely free, to help assist this effort. If Calguns ever decided to do fund raising project like this they have my support as well.

bwiese
03-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Freedom of speech and the right to bare arms are equally important and unalienable rights in my book.

Really, if we're writing about gunrights we should at least get the spelling correct: it's spelled "bear" (as in "bear arms").

Fundamentals first.

chris10
03-30-2010, 2:12 PM
(as in "bear arms").

This has been posted before and is a little off topic but
http://www.thereheis.com/images/family%20guy%20bear%20arms.jpg

todd2968
03-30-2010, 8:00 PM
I've been shaving my arms for all these years, for nothing?!!!!

Mstrty
03-30-2010, 8:35 PM
http://imgsrv.kyw1060.com/image/kyw/UserFiles/Image/anti-gun_back.jpg

The Anti's are already in the streets. I dont undertand why CGF cant just stand down and let some its members practice our 1st. amendment without being b**chslapped from the board for doing exactly what gave us the Bill of Rights in the first place. I agree with the lawyers on this board that our cause will be won in the courts and not on the streets. However I have a right to express myself in the streets while you argue inside. Together we will win. Without any movement in the courts or on the streets we all loose.

wildhawker
03-30-2010, 8:55 PM
Bombmaster, if doing things that made us "feel good" were effective, don't you think that we'd be the first to let go of the very real burden this cause places on us, our families and businesses? Do what you wish, but please don't insult the team by painting us as unidimentional "courtroom warriors"; we're actually very balanced in terms of legal, political, economic and operations backgrounds.

Mstrty
03-30-2010, 9:05 PM
Bombmaster, if doing things that made us "feel good" were effective, don't you think that we'd be the first to let go of the very real burden this cause places on us, our families and businesses? Do what you wish, but please don't insult the team by painting us as unidimentional "courtroom warriors"; we're actually very balanced in terms of legal, political, economic and operations backgrounds.

I applaud what the foundation does. Just dont understand why the SAM gets slammed down as an irrelevant issue. If it is so irrelevant why are some so scared by it? Like I said I just dont understand. Please enlighten me. Some of the previous posts sound like its a protest against those that are running the march more than the march itself and to me that is just silly.

bwiese
03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
I applaud what the foundation does. Just dont understand why the SAM gets slammed down as an irrelevant issue. If it is so irrelevant why are some so scared by it? Like I said I just dont understand. Please enlighten me. Some of the previous posts sound like its a protest against those that are running the march more than the march itself and to me that is just silly.

OK, I'll lay it out yet again...

1. Such marches are useless unless you could get 500K - 1 million showing up. At the last
Sacramento hearing about AB962 repeal only a few showed up. So that large number ain't
gonna happen. Any smaller, and politicians of all stripes just laugh - "Who's protesting today?"

2. The news will invariably turn this against us in interviews. An NRA spokesman or Gene or a
well-dressed, well-spoken person like Wildhawker would never be intereviewed. It'll be the
illiterate dude in cammies, and the Bradys are not above putting shills in that the press would love.

IN THIS CASE DOING NOTHING IS INDEED BETTER THAN DOING THIS.

3. The fundraising appears to be funding the travel & accomodations of folks that can pay their
own way. It doesn't go to any politician's campaign, get anyone out of jail, educate folks, etc. -
to me that's an irrelevant expenditure

4. GOA has little relevance in DC and its actions often puzzle even the most pro-gun Senators &
Congressmen [esp when GOC works at cross-purposes to the NRA and lies about bills]. So poor
Larry Pratt has to jump up & down to get attention; this is one of the ways. This whole thing
is turning out not to be about gunrights, but some people using gunrights to get attention.

Mstrty
03-30-2010, 11:50 PM
OK, I'll lay it out yet again...

1. Such marches are useless unless you could get 500K - 1 million showing up. At the last
Sacramento hearing about AB962 repeal only a few showed up. So that large number ain't
gonna happen. Any smaller, and politicians of all stripes just laugh - "Who's protesting today?"

2. The news will invariably turn this against us in interviews. An NRA spokesman or Gene or a
well-dressed, well-spoken person like Wildhawker would never be intereviewed. It'll be the
illiterate dude in cammies, and the Bradys are not above putting shills in that the press would love.

IN THIS CASE DOING NOTHING IS INDEED BETTER THAN DOING THIS.

3. The fundraising appears to be funding the travel & accomodations of folks that can pay their
own way. It doesn't go to any politician's campaign, get anyone out of jail, educate folks, etc. -
to me that's an irrelevant expenditure

4. GOA has little relevance in DC and its actions often puzzle even the most pro-gun Senators &
Congressmen [esp when GOC works at cross-purposes to the NRA and lies about bills]. So poor
Larry Pratt has to jump up & down to get attention; this is one of the ways. This whole thing
is turning out not to be about gunrights, but some people using gunrights to get attention.

I totally get what your saying about the media. But if showing our support its so irrelivent why such a fuss?
Some gunnies just have nothing else to do:)

Does CGF dislike the GOA? As a NRA member, CRPA life member, CGF and CGN contributor. I'd like to know.

sfwdiy
03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
I totally get what your saying about the media. But if showing our support its so irrelivent why such a fuss?
Some gunnies just have nothing else to do:)

It's the expenditure that's ultimately irrelevant, not the march itself. The money spent will benefit no one.

However, the march has the legitimate potential to provide us with some very negative P.R. The news media will interview the lone toothless hillrat running around in BDUs with an empty holster on his belt who'll rant to the camera for 20 minutes about how the Branch Davidians were true patriots and water is fluoridated to facilitate mind control and that's why everyone needs guns, etc.

The point is that this exercise is not irrelevant at worst, the point is that it is irrelevant at best. It's potentially harmful and has absolutely no potential payoff. This doesn't seem like something that should be encouraged.

--B