PDA

View Full Version : Polytech m14 questions?

gidddy169
02-11-2006, 5:29 PM
Just wondering what you guys think of the polytech rifles and what you think I should pay for one?

Yute
02-11-2006, 6:02 PM
Good receivers - some recommend you swap the bolt out with a GI one though (and adjust for headspace).

glen avon
02-11-2006, 6:13 PM
depends on condition.I would pay $750 for new/like new, 600 for VG/Excellent.

HEUER
02-11-2006, 6:14 PM
Poly's generally have very good recievers, they are forged. The chinese bolts are considered to be soft and many people do a GI bolt conversion. Expect to pay 500-700 depending on condition. They are an excellent platform for a great rifle.

Hopi
02-11-2006, 6:14 PM
I love mine! I've had no probs with any parts after over 1.5k rounds through her.

KrazyKevy
02-11-2006, 7:13 PM
On M14/M1A what matters the most is the Receiver. There are many manufactures out there that sell stripped receivers...and many DO NOT build to the same specs of the original design. Some are so bad in quality it is ridiculous. One guy I knew had two receivers that were built by a California manufacture, and the op rods would not cycle through the track. He took them to several gunsmiths and they said they are junk and unserviceable. He even had a hard time returning them.

For years, Polytech and Norinco got a bad rap for poor quality. It wassint til a couple years ago people found them to be top notch(aside from the bolt and rear sight assembly). Everything else is of good quality. Even the forged receivers are better quality and built to spec better than most manufactured here in the States. I noticed many members on the m14forums and rifle forums are buying these rifles up fast, and most are happy with the socalled "soft" receiver. I have yet to hear of a Polytech/Norinco receiver heals blowing out, most owners now dont bother heat treating them anymore.

gidddy169
02-11-2006, 7:15 PM
Thanks for all the info.