PDA

View Full Version : Get a load of this?....5.7x28 AR upper

RRangel
02-11-2006, 5:12 PM
This is great. The only problem is that there may be a lack of ten rounds mags, or maybe not. It would look sort of funny with a ten round magazine on top.

http://www.rhinelandarms.com/57/model_r57.htm

6172crew
02-11-2006, 5:29 PM
50 rounds baby! Im sure homey will block off the mag for us, hes pretty California freindly.

I have one of his R22's and its a blast to shoot.

saki302
02-11-2006, 7:48 PM
FN is already making 10 round mags for the P90, I'm sure they will fit the Rhineland upper just fine. It is the same as the 30/50rd mag, except the base plate retainer is a huge spacer.

-Dave

TonyM
02-11-2006, 8:28 PM
The real problem is in this statement:

Brass is ejected out the bottom of the AR15 magwell.

So, you can't use that upper with a pistol grip, seeing that the magwell needs to be empty to drop brass...

Unless you make a 30 round magazine body a brass catcher...... Hmmm... Actually a great idea since I would think alot of us would want to reload the 5.7 to cut some of the costs....

hmmm...

RRangel
02-11-2006, 8:35 PM
Actually I think it's a great feature. In the future those of us who dared to aquire lowers can benefit.
:)

The real problem is in this statement:

So, you can't use that upper with a pistol grip, seeing that the magwell needs to be empty to drop brass...

Unless you make a 30 round magazine body a brass catcher...... Hmmm... Actually a great idea since I would think alot of us would want to reload the 5.7 to cut some of the costs....

hmmm...

TonyM
02-11-2006, 8:37 PM
Actually I think it's a great feature. In the future those of us who dared to aquire lowers can benefit.
:)

With any luck, I'm betting you're right tho (eyeing my safe right now). ;)

grammaton76
02-11-2006, 9:25 PM
The cool factor of that upper is only exceeded by the Shrike.

By the way, I've been wondering - how come no one does a 308 upper that feeds from the top? Like the top-fed Robarms M96 configuration?

saki302
02-11-2006, 9:32 PM

It would work fine with a 30-rd mag body fixed in place with the guts missing. Or a 10 round mag, even.

The problem is the top magazxine is detachable. If you already have a registered AW AR lower, that's fine, if not, you'll have to ditch the pistol grip.

-Dave