PDA

View Full Version : An idea of a clip if you will

VeryCoolCat
02-11-2006, 1:17 AM
This is kinda in the wrong area, but I have no idea where I should even start.

I've had this idea for a while, don't know why I havn't followed it up a little more until recently.

I've been contemplating a clip design that could make many a rifle legal without needing a complete retool, particularly certain 308s. I've examined around the laws, and I'm sure it will work.

I can't go into detail at this point.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it possible to patent, as there would be way too easy to create similars of it and technically be a completely different product.

Now the only problem lies in the area of, I can't physically make the object as I don't have the experience nor machine tools to fabricate the frames or weld the pieces required. I don't have the ability to aquire a clip over 10 rounds, which isn't a pre-requisit, but would help out a lot. Though it'll never take more than 10 rounds as a final product.

This clip will make plenty a AR or 308 rifles legal. All I ask is someones help with a little knowedge of machining to help me hammer out the basic details. If at the end I end up getting my idea stolen. I've created aproximately 4 variations of this simple design that would be considered "different products."

I'm not really sure what to do at this point, I can't go ahead with the construction, so I'm asking advice first of, as this does pertain directly to rifles.

I'm sure you would all want one. No longer would we have to buy single shot or bushmaster ar rifles that break open to load. If this is in the wrong area or something of the latter, just close the thread.

C.G.
02-11-2006, 1:45 AM
This is kinda in the wrong area, but I have no idea where I should even start.

I've had this idea for a while, don't know why I havn't followed it up a little more until recently.

I've been contemplating a clip design that could make many a rifle legal without needing a complete retool, particularly certain 308s. I've examined around the laws, and I'm sure it will work.

I can't go into detail at this point.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it possible to patent, as there would be way too easy to create similars of it and technically be a completely different product.

Now the only problem lies in the area of, I can't physically make the object as I don't have the experience nor machine tools to fabricate the frames or weld the pieces required. I don't have the ability to aquire a clip over 10 rounds, which isn't a pre-requisit, but would help out a lot. Though it'll never take more than 10 rounds as a final product.

This clip will make plenty a AR or 308 rifles legal. All I ask is someones help with a little knowedge of machining to help me hammer out the basic details. If at the end I end up getting my idea stolen. I've created aproximately 4 variations of this simple design that would be considered "different products."

I'm not really sure what to do at this point, I can't go ahead with the construction, so I'm asking advice first of, as this does pertain directly to rifles.

I'm sure you would all want one. No longer would we have to buy single shot or bushmaster ar rifles that break open to load. If this is in the wrong area or something of the latter, just close the thread.

Umfortunately, unless you provide a little detail, your idea will remain an idea.

StuckInCA
02-11-2006, 2:03 AM
I dont know about you, but magazines go in my AR and my .308..... I put clips in my 5 year old daughters hair...;)

-Andy

accordingtoome
02-11-2006, 2:06 AM
you never know.. he might have a great idea.. its sorta like making fun of that fat girl in class that later turns into a hottie.. ... im curious.. :rolleyes:

grammaton76
02-11-2006, 2:08 AM
Eh, if he IS talking about a clip (aka a Garand style en bloc clip), that would be seriously cool. I wouldn't start saying he's wrong about it being a clip, until it's known for sure that he means a mag. :)

StuckInCA
02-11-2006, 2:44 AM
Aww guys, just a friendly rub tonight, thats all :D

-Andy

VeryCoolCat
02-11-2006, 10:54 AM
As the rifle will not have a detachable magazine, but would utilize stripper clips to help load as loading the magazine itself would be a pain in its position.

So the I use clip there of, I'll show one of you guys, and see if you agree with the design and someone can verify my idea.

C.G.
02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
You are not talking about something like this, are you?

http://www.sailmontereybay.com/Photos/loading_v2.JPG

If so, look up this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=24654&highlight=stripper+clip+guide

glen avon
02-11-2006, 1:18 PM
or the mannlicher or carcano designs...

BTW you can patent it. believe me.

Jicko
02-11-2006, 5:04 PM
But even if you patent it, unless you have a LOT of money to defend your patent.... it is pretty HARD to get anything out of it...

By the way, I am thinking about if someone can make a 30deg adapter for the "Easy Loader" so that we may be able to load from the extraction hole... no need to break open to load....

http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/easyloader.htm

C.G.
02-11-2006, 5:23 PM
But even if you patent it, unless you have a LOT of money to defend your patent.... it is pretty HARD to get anything out of it...

By the way, I am thinking about if someone can make a 30deg adapter for the "Easy Loader" so that we may be able to load from the extraction hole... no need to break open to load....

http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/easyloader.htm

Had that idea a while back.
1) I haven't found the "Easy Loader" to be that "Easy", especially the stripper clip model (anybody want to buy it?:D ).
2) It wouldn't work in a 30 degree tilt, barely works sometimes straight up.
3) It won't fit in the space of the open AR.

I missed the point about the ejection port loading, thanks for pointing to it, Ted; that would not work at all.