PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Doonesbury thread?

Swiss
03-28-2010, 9:59 AM
It was here yesterday, gone today.

WTF? Do we take ourselves so seriously that we can't laugh at ourselves once in a while? Are we like the Brady Campaign and delete/ban everything that questions what we do? Or did the thread escalate into bashing and I just missed it?

Either way, I'd like an explanation.

Roadrunner
03-28-2010, 10:18 AM
It's gone? GOOD!

Swiss
03-28-2010, 10:26 AM
It's gone? GOOD!

Really? Don't you have some books to burn?

Roadrunner
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Really? Don't you have some books to burn?

No, I have to buy some more for kindling. :43:

pullnshoot25
03-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Just like being at school...

Cpl. Haas
03-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Or did the thread escalate into bashing and I just missed it?

I'm guessing this^...

gunsmith
03-28-2010, 11:24 AM

WTF? Do we take ourselves so seriously that we can't laugh at ourselves once in a while? Are we like the Brady Campaign and delete/ban everything that questions what we do? Or did the thread escalate into bashing and I just missed it?

Hey, I am glad we can discuss important 2nd Amendment issues, there is probably another forum either here on calguns or elsewhere where we can dis cartoon thugs, I prefer keeping 2nd amendment politics & law forum for 2nd amendment politics & law.

Who ever owns calguns decided to make this wonderful forum and to be able to post we have to obey certain rules, seems reasonable. The owners owe us nothing, we owe them a great deal.

Swiss
03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey, I am glad we can discuss important 2nd Amendment issues, there is probably another forum either here on calguns or elsewhere where we can dis cartoon thugs, I prefer keeping 2nd amendment politics & law forum for 2nd amendment politics & law.

Who ever owns calguns decided to make this wonderful forum and to be able to post we have to obey certain rules, seems reasonable. The owners owe us nothing, we owe them a great deal.

I'm also glad that we can discuss 2A issues here, including politics. And Doonesbury is nothing if not a political cartoon.

If the thread was yanked simply because CGN was uncomfortable with the cartoons, then I think our continuing push for RKBA is much more frail and at risk than I imagined it to be. What are we afraid of?

A while back I posted some questions in the discussion area on the Brady Campaign Facebook site. Nothing offensive, just asking what else they were doing to curb gun violence besides seeking more gun control laws. They promptly deleted my posts and banned me from the site. Obviously an intolerant and fanatical bunch.

I hope CGN is bigger than that.

Cokebottle
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM

You mean this one?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=284060

It was moved from 2A to Off-topic.

leelaw
03-28-2010, 12:06 PM
It was in the wrong forum (like this thread) and a dupe.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=284060