PDA

View Full Version : 2010 new iPhone release???

evidens83
03-28-2010, 8:49 AM
Any word? Confirmation? Details? What have you heard? Its finally that time of year to upgade again and I'm finally switching to the dark side and going with an iPhone. All I've heard is that its releasing in June.

uzigalil
03-28-2010, 8:53 AM
nope, probably no real info until the summer just like clockwork with Apple.

2Cute2Shoot
03-28-2010, 9:05 AM
I hope they let people have them who aren't on Sprint. My mom and I have Tmobile and i REALLY want an Iphone!!!

uzigalil
03-28-2010, 9:20 AM
The Iphone is only with AT&T

evidens83
03-28-2010, 9:22 AM
I "heard" they were releasing a 4g iPhone for Verizion this year??? It doesnt really matter to me since I'm already with ATT.

uzigalil
03-28-2010, 9:24 AM
I wouldnt put money on that

evidens83
03-28-2010, 9:28 AM
Yea I know Apple likes keeping people on toes until the very last minute. Just hoping what I've read is true and they release an all-new iPhone that is even slimmer and a tadbit smaller yet with even more feautures. Cant count on it but 3 months to speculate.

uzigalil
03-28-2010, 9:37 AM
when the 3gs came out, most speculation on new features were wrong.But it still took Apple only 2 days to sell a million phones.

2Cute2Shoot
03-28-2010, 9:48 AM
The Iphone is only with AT&T

Oh, duh! Sorry. :kest:

evidens83
03-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I hope they let people have them who aren't on Sprint. My mom and I have Tmobile and i REALLY want an Iphone!!!

If you have Tmobile you can always jailbreak and unlock an iphone.

AJAX22
03-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I've heard a rumor that the new ipod touch is going to have a mike and camera....

SKYPE FTW!!!!

2Cute2Shoot
03-28-2010, 10:23 AM
If you have Tmobile you can always jailbreak and unlock an iphone.

Is that hacker lingo? Anyway I would have to buy the Iphone and I think they cost like $400 without a plan. then I don't even know what 'jailbreaking' is & I don't think they would do that for me at the Tmobile store :( They are so cool though!

evidens83
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Jailbreaking will allow you to use 3rd person apps instead of purchasing them through Apple. Unlocking your phone will let you use it on any phone that accepts a sim card.

ChrisTKHarris
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I've heard tons of rumors that we're 90 days out. Think about when all the other iPhones have come out all one year apart from each other and all of them in June/July.

Qualcomm won a contract a few months ago to build the new 4G chipset for Apple (which most people in SD were pretty stoked on because it brought money in for the city).

Rumors of Verizon are still unclear, some say it was destined, but then again Apple renewed it's contract with ATT so who knows if they will run both a CDMA and GSM chipset in the new iPhone.

Inoxmark
03-28-2010, 8:01 PM
I've heard a rumor that the new ipod touch is going to have a mike and camera....

SKYPE FTW!!!!
You can run Skype on your Ipod Touch right now. All you need is a headset with a microphone, comes standard with 3rd gen.

Rob454
03-28-2010, 8:07 PM
I have a I phone. The only thing I dont care for is the signing up to get apps and giving a CC on file. the free apps shoudl be free no sign up. The I phone is ok I dont use most features but I liek the integrated ipod

Richie Caketown
03-28-2010, 8:21 PM
I have a I phone. The only thing I dont care for is the signing up to get apps and giving a CC on file. the free apps shoudl be free no sign up. The I phone is ok I dont use most features but I liek the integrated ipod

1) putting the CC should only be for new activations not existing customers

2)If you want free apps get an Android phone ... they have many free apps

3)The iphone is capable of being used on T-mobile but the 3G on the iphone is not compatible with T-mobiles 3g network

JDay
03-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Rumors of Verizon are still unclear, some say it was destined, but then again Apple renewed it's contract with ATT so who knows if they will run both a CDMA and GSM chipset in the new iPhone.

I seriously doubt it, remember when the Motorola Droid came out all those commercials that said "What iPhone doesn't, Droid does!"? Verizon also isn't a company that would allow a manufacture to dictate terms to them. AT&T makes very little off the iPhone.

TWoods450
03-28-2010, 10:52 PM
any announcement will probably happen at WWDC, check this article.
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/12/21/wwdc_2010_iphone_announcement_rumored_for_june_28_ july_2.html

whobob
03-28-2010, 11:14 PM
iPAD

Richie Caketown
03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
. AT&T makes very little off the iPhone.

The phone itself yes , but they make their money from the internet service you pay for monthly and accessories

Warhawk014
03-29-2010, 1:53 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/warhawk014/redincredible.jpg

the incredible ftmfw

iphone is kool but im wating on the incredible.

MILLITIAof1
03-29-2010, 2:43 AM
The phone itself yes , but they make their money from the internet service you pay for monthly and accessories
they make bank off of the plans! I'm getting pretty tired of paying $150/mo for my unlimited iphone plan when all of the other carriers only charge half that price.

JDay
03-29-2010, 12:52 PM

Apple gets a large chunk of those fee's. Those terms are the reason Sprint and Verizon turned Apple down.

Bug Splat
03-29-2010, 5:00 PM
Step aside apple and let Android pass. There is no way a restrictive phone like the Iphone can compete with Android. Apple has a head start but Android will blow by it in the next couple years. Imagine transferring your phones OS from one hardware to another. The amount of Android capable phones and devices that are coming is just a huge wave that will bury everything else. Get ready for apple to go dormant again for another 10 years. The ipad is proof that apple is running out of momentum and out of favor with the public.

ENVYGREEN
03-29-2010, 7:51 PM
Step aside apple and let Android pass. There is no way a restrictive phone like the Iphone can compete with Android. Apple has a head start but Android will blow by it in the next couple years. Imagine transferring your phones OS from one hardware to another. The amount of Android capable phones and devices that are coming is just a huge wave that will bury everything else. Get ready for apple to go dormant again for another 10 years. The ipad is proof that apple is running out of momentum and out of favor with the public.

Your so wrong! most people don't want anything more than the iphone offers. It will be interesting to see the ipad numbers and see how out of touch apple is. I don't want one but I bet allot of people do.

stan
03-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Think about when all the other iPhones have come out all one year apart from each other and all of them in June/July.

DING DING DING we have a winner. this is how they do it. hardware updates are announced when the original device was announced, and released when the original device was released.

my friend's a software engineer on the iphone team. he won't tell me much but apple is like clockwork with these things. ;)

jarhead995
03-30-2010, 8:59 PM
probably for all networks :D

TWoods450
03-30-2010, 9:29 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/03/29/a-verizon-iphone-would-follow-months-of-speculation/

DaveFJ80
03-31-2010, 8:49 AM
My brother works at Apple in Santa Clara. He's in the marketing dept and has always been right in the past with the info he's given me about upcoming things. As of yesterday afternoon, there is no final word yet on any new iPhone coming out this year, but there will be a firmware update that will allow for a few more features, including giving the cameras more megapixels (they're good to 7.3 mp but Apple limits it on their firmware).

For me, I've always been a die-hard Blackberry user so I can really careless :p

mur
03-31-2010, 9:57 AM
My 3 biggest gripes about the iphone, battery life, weak speaker phone, and reception.
The availability on Verizon is welcomed news, however I still might be looking for another phone

gorenut
04-01-2010, 9:57 AM

I think this is further from the truth. A big portion of consumers, intelligent ones included, like having decisions made for them (often sub-consciously). One should not understate Apple's marketing structure that easily lets anyone jump right into their products and not feel left out. As a recent potential buyer looking to just make my first jump into the smartphone arena.. I've been overwhelmed on which phones to choose if I want to go the Android route. There are so many variables: makes, models, carriers, and then the fear of buyer's remorse that some other potential better one is just on the horizon. Android's advantage of being open source is also one of its biggest weaknesses.. it fragments the market and people aren't all synced up with the same OS version - not to mention hardware just varying big time. On a desktop computer its more manageable, but on something like a cell phone, you're running on very thin margins due to the limited capabilities of the small devices.

Fact is.. despite how dumb you or I think the iPad is.. its already sold out for the most of April on pre-orders alone. Even a friend of mine who is very tech-savy, works in the tech field, and I think is very intelligent has fallen into the iPad hype.. Apple's marketing is just that good. Apple has ways of controlling rumors to fluctuate interest and they have the best hype man in the industry that can make mud fences sound like the best means to hold in a maximum security prison. The iPad is the perfect example of this; rumors "leaked" that prices will be in the thousand range. Then when Apple finally announces that price of entry is as "low" as "only" $499... everyone was tricked into thinking it was a steal for what really is essentially an over-sized iPod Touch.

Unless they screw up royally, I don't see Apple disappearing anytime soon. They have a firm grasp on the market and a cult-like following, especially to the hipster crowd. I do see it as a good thing because it means other companies will have to go above and beyond to try to convince more people to stray from Apple. Nothing like some healthy competition.

Sorry for such a long-winded, pointless post. Just that this is still fresh in my head due to me looking to get a new phone and having quite a few discussions about Apple and the iPad as of recent. I'm not pro or against Apple. I like their OS, don't much like their hardware. I'll most likely get a Droid for now because I'm not about to leave Verizon, on top of the fact that I have the potential of getting a Droid for free, at the same time I would still consider getting an iPhone if it comes out on Verizon at 4g.

On a side note:
http://phandroid.com/2010/04/01/verizon-iphone-to-dual-boot-android-rock-4g-lte/

V8toytruck
04-10-2010, 1:17 AM
I've seen the web analytics for several large retailers, iPhone/Ipod Touch dominates the mobile phone web browsing. 70-90% of mobile web browsing is from iphone/ipod touch.

I love what the competition is doing though, but I will stick with my iPhone for the next generation as well. You can't beat the aftermarket support/apps/etc

The 30pin apple connector is becoming as common as the USB.

Come June, it will be time for me to upgrade my 3G to 3GS-R!
Hoping for front/rear cameras that are better quality with on screen manual controls and better battery life. Other than that..I love the iPhone.

lehn20
04-10-2010, 5:46 AM
The Iphone is great for everything except email and phone!!. I still love by Blackberry 9700 Bold for serious/corporate email tools. I have an Iphone too but used as a toy mostly. Great applications.

5150bronco
04-10-2010, 3:48 PM
i heard around 3rd quarter.