PDA

View Full Version : Just had 4 coyotes within 100 feet of my apartment.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-28-2010, 1:24 AM
Just had 4 coyotes within 100 feet of my apartment. It was pretty awesome. I was blasting my howler and getting them within a few feet of us. I started hitting the squeeker and they came really close. I didn't even have a handgun or weapon of any kind on me. Once they figured out what I was they booked to about 40 yards then started chasing each other. Mating season is definitely upon us.

IronColt
03-28-2010, 1:34 AM
i think you should go help this poor guy..........

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_14742684

professionalcoyotehunter
03-28-2010, 1:48 AM
Bring it on.

My sightings explain why the cats have been disapperaing. I need to get some pics of them for you guys. If I see them in a little while before I go to bed I will take pics.

ChrisO
03-28-2010, 2:24 AM
Just educating em...

dominic
03-28-2010, 6:06 AM
Just educating em...

^^ This.

Big Jake
03-28-2010, 8:12 AM
Bring it on.

My sightings explain why the cats have been disapperaing. I need to get some pics of them for you guys. If I see them in a little while before I go to bed I will take pics.

Kill em all PCH! Let the yote God sort em out. Lol!:43:

groats
03-28-2010, 8:25 AM
Coyotes, or coy-dogs?

Coyotes are ok, pretty smart critters, seldom bother people (except for the singing at night thing).

Coy-dogs, on the other hand, will kill children. They have no fear of humans, and need to be wiped out.

Baxter
03-28-2010, 8:59 AM
Coyotes, or coy-dogs?

Coyotes are ok, pretty smart critters, seldom bother people (except for the singing at night thing).

Coy-dogs, on the other hand, will kill children. They have no fear of humans, and need to be wiped out.

Coyotes will kill children and adults if they get the chance http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8331106.stm. If you see them they should be shot on sight. They are an apex predator in CA and are also very opportunistic hunters. Wheater coyotes or said coy-dogs they will never be wiped out.

Bigballaizm
03-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Just educating em...
I agree... :rolleyes:

DirtyDave
03-28-2010, 1:03 PM
Just educating em...

Yep, every coyote you call in and dont kill is now that much smarter

Big Jake
03-28-2010, 1:16 PM
I hate all things coyote! :iagree:

professionalcoyotehunter
03-28-2010, 2:35 PM
I didnt call them. However I did howl at them. They were pure coyotes not coydogs. We live less than a 1/2 mile from the desert preserve and I believe that is where they came from.

chrisw
03-28-2010, 2:48 PM
Just had 4 coyotes within 100 feet of my apartment. It was pretty awesome. I was blasting my howler and getting them within a few feet of us.

Ha, your neighbors must love you!

professionalcoyotehunter
03-28-2010, 2:50 PM
They found it quite amusing that I had one readily available in my truck.

radioburning
03-28-2010, 3:08 PM
Those weren't real yotes, they were the ghosts of yotes you've downed. Tonight, they'll scratching at your door trying to get in...

chrisw
03-28-2010, 3:13 PM
Those weren't real yotes, they were the ghosts of yotes you've downed. Tonight, they'll scratching at your door trying to get in...

Now they're hunting you!

radioburning
03-28-2010, 3:35 PM
"PCH, let us iiiiiiiiiiiiiin! You sent us to hell, and now we're coming for YOU!"

Ooooh, spooky.

jawbreaker
03-28-2010, 8:21 PM
I didnt call them. However I did howl at them. They were pure coyotes not coydogs. We live less than a 1/2 mile from the desert preserve and I believe that is where they came from.
You say you didn't call them, what do you think howling at them is. You are something else...

Soreloser
03-28-2010, 8:21 PM
Mating season is definitely upon us.

Mating season is over. For our area, typically females start bleeding beggining of January. Earliest I've seen being 2nd week of January. Denning and pup rearing is upon us.

Rover
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Only 4? We gets packs of 6-10 in my neighborhood, most annoying freaking critters. If it were legal, I'd be on the roof right now dropping them like flies, but I doubt the local PD would appreciate it.

Shoot-it
03-28-2010, 10:22 PM
That is common out here in farm land, They will keep the dogs going most of the night.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 1:40 PM
Mating season is over. For our area, typically females start bleeding beggining of January. Earliest I've seen being 2nd week of January. Denning and pup rearing is upon us.

I think they were in the neighborhood for the water. Mating season always comes in two stages just like the rut. there is a really strong rut and then there is a lighter second chance for those that did not get the chance to mate.

blackberg
03-30-2010, 3:30 PM
Should have gone Ninja on them:
:84:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ICuLB148bJU/SK9eg7SWl-I/AAAAAAAABfc/ob3aoJUe7g4/s400/IMG_8074a.jpg

-bb

professionalcoyotehunter
03-30-2010, 3:34 PM
Not with neighbors as close as mine and the coyotes were running by and in between cars in the neighbor hood.

CSACANNONEER
03-30-2010, 3:53 PM
Should have gone Ninja on them:
:84:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ICuLB148bJU/SK9eg7SWl-I/AAAAAAAABfc/ob3aoJUe7g4/s400/IMG_8074a.jpg

-bb

An air rifle would be louder but more humane. Please don't try to shoot yotes with a 20 grain projectile leaving a rifle barrel at less than 500 fps.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-30-2010, 3:54 PM
I would have chosen my bow but with a peep sight it does not work well in low light conditions.:D

blackberg
03-30-2010, 4:14 PM
Not with neighbors as close as mine and the coyotes were running by and in between cars in the neighbor hood.

they would not have even felt it....seriously, the bullet would probably have just bounced off :p

I was just kidding, those have a primer only, no powder.

-bb

Timberwolf
03-30-2010, 4:18 PM
That was a scouting party - they have found your den - the word has spread - there is a yote contract on you

professionalcoyotehunter
03-30-2010, 4:21 PM
So who put out the bounty.

CSACANNONEER
03-30-2010, 4:26 PM
So who put out the bounty.

Wile E.

Soreloser
03-31-2010, 12:11 AM
I think they were in the neighborhood for the water. Mating season always comes in two stages just like the rut. there is a really strong rut and then there is a lighter second chance for those that did not get the chance to mate.

Not true. Coyotes r not deer. There is no 2nd "rut" or stage for coyotes. Coyotes r momogamous and mate for life. The female selects her mate prior to breeding season and then comes in heat for about 10 days during a 2-4 week period which typically starts in january nation wide. Unlike bucks, the male coyote does not run a muck humping any female he can find.

Big Jake
03-31-2010, 7:05 AM
Not true. Coyotes r not deer. There is no 2nd "rut" or stage for coyotes. Coyotes r momogamous and mate for life. The female selects her mate prior to breeding season and then comes in heat for about 10 days during a 2-4 week period which typically starts in january nation wide. Unlike bucks, the male coyote does not run a muck humping any female he can find.

I wish I could do that! :eek:

professionalcoyotehunter
03-31-2010, 8:08 AM
When there are no mates present they will not mate for life. When hunters like us kill the mates they do whatever they can do so their species may survive and thrive. I will send you a copy of the study of coyotes in their natural environment if you would like to brush up on it a little.:D

That is why there are sometimes late season pups in some areas. I have seen pups as late as November depending on the weather.

OffGrid
03-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Depending on the weather, food availability and pressure coyotes will definitely breed up into late March. Granted, they can and do often start as early as January but they sure aint following any breeding plan. I am still getting some sub 20 degree mornings in Jan and Feb so I think that might play a part in their breeding up into March.

I had them running around playin tag out here at my property as late as last weekend. They are starting to quiet down now but the last month or so they have been pretty vocal and active. It will get really noisy about June when the whole family is runnin around hunting and playing. That can sometimes be the time I need to get new barn cats.

Bearclaw
04-01-2010, 8:19 AM

Well I guess I'm not really the dog I've always been told I was....I'm a buck!!!

professionalcoyotehunter
04-01-2010, 8:27 AM
Seen another one on my way n to work today. It was a really ice looking male. He was a little on the skinny side but had a really thick coat. Mating season is over now and they are on the hunt for food for their mates. Right now you don't have to worry to much about females carrying pups since they stay denned this time of year until the pups are old enough to leave on their own. I will be heading out sometime this weekend depending on the weather.

professionalcoyotehunter
04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Seen a real blond looking one this morning about 5 miles from the house. I need to get out there really soon and take care of this infestation.

Big Jake
04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Seen a real blond looking one this morning about 5 miles from the house. I need to get out there really soon and take care of this infestation.

Not without me to help you. If you head out without me I will report you to PETA and have them show up at your house. You will have to throw yote jerky at them to get them to go away! :eek:

Super Spy
04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
PCH, time for a crossbow!

professionalcoyotehunter
04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
They were only about 1/4 mile from the legal hunting grounds. I have a real Nice Hoyt Prohawk to take care of them but it is not legal there.:(