PDA

View Full Version : Transferable AVT40 (fullauto SVT40)C&R -

Saigon1965
03-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Is this cool or what - C&R qualified - LOL -

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=162477185

This is something you dont see everyday, This is a Fully Automatic Russian AVT40. Same as the SVT40 in 7.62x54 only this one is fully automatic. This gun is fully transferable and comes as pictured with one mag. This gun is on a form 3 in Fl.. All NFA rules apply
[Information added 3/16/2010 12:40:12 PM]
This gun is C&R eligle.

NaughtyMonkey
03-28-2010, 12:40 AM
No way, never heard of that, actually a russian weapon, Cali legal?

wilit
03-28-2010, 9:45 AM
No way, never heard of that, actually a russian weapon, Cali legal?

Uh, fully automatic. No, not Cali legal.

hnoppenberger
03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
what bonuses are there for being a CR in the class 3?

CSACANNONEER
03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Uh, fully automatic. No, not Cali legal.

Well, there are more than a couple (probably less than 100) non-LEAs in Ca who could legally purchase this. If you can jump through the right hoops, it is legal under California law.

Mssr. Eleganté
03-28-2010, 10:52 AM
what bonuses are there for being a CR in the class 3?

If NFA firearms are legal in your State and you have a C&R FFL then you could have that C&R AVT40 shipped right to your door from out of state once your NFA tax stamp was approved. This would save you at least $200 since the firearm wouldn't need to be transfered through a Class 3 SOT FFL in your State. It cuts out that extra $200 transfer tax plus any additional fees your local Class 3 SOT FFL might tack on for his services.

Also, some States that ban possession of most NFA items have exemptions for C&R NFA items. I believe Michigan has such an exemption, and of course we have the C&R SBS/SBR exemption here in California.

littlejake
03-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Correct me if I am wrong.

You will hear class 3 talked about. My understanding is that it has its roots in the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934. Under Title II, class 3 weapons are defined. These are the full autos, SBRs and SBSs. Class 3 weapons are generally not allowed in CA. As pointed out, there are a very small number of individuals who have class 3 weapons legally in CA. For the common citizen, these are beyond our reach.

Anyone care to add, comment or correct?

Jake

Quiet
03-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Correct me if I am wrong.

You will hear class 3 talked about. My understanding is that it has its roots in the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934. Under Title II, class 3 weapons are defined. These are the full autos, SBRs and SBSs. Class 3 weapons are generally not allowed in CA. As pointed out, there are a very small number of individuals who have class 3 weapons legally in CA. For the common citizen, these are beyond our reach.

Anyone care to add, comment or correct?

Jake

The NFA regulates Title 2 firearms (AOW, DD, MG, SBR & SBS).

A person licensed as a FFL/SOT deals with Title 2 firearms.

In addition to the appropriate Type of FFL...
A Class 1 SOT = imports Title 2 firearms
A Class 2 SOT = manufactures Title 2 firearms
A Class 3 SOT = deals in Title 2 firearms

Since, non-licensed persons often deal with a FFL dealer with a Class 3 SOT, Title 2 firearms are often refered to as Class 3.

Legally, every type of Title 2 firearm is allowed in CA.
However, ownership of most of the Title 2 firearms is strictly regulated to the point that the average person would not be able to have one.
Due to all the regulations; AOWs, C&R SBRs and C&R SBSs are the only types of Title 2 firearms that the average person in CA would be able to own/possess.

littlejake
03-28-2010, 11:40 AM
The NFA regulates Title 2 firearms.

A FFL / SOT deals in Title 2 firearms.

A Class 1 SOT = imports Title 2 firearms
A Class 2 SOT = manufactures Title 2 firearms
A Class 3 SOT = deals in Title 2 firearms

Since, non-licensed persons often deal with a FFL dealer with a Class 3 SOT, Title 2 firearms are often refered to as Class 3.

Thank you for the correction. Kindest Regards, Jake

Vladimir
03-28-2010, 12:37 PM
NICE! Those are very rare

E-120
03-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Not to thread jack, but is a luger with a rifle stock an example of a CR SBR? Thanks.

ke6guj
03-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Not to thread jack, but is a luger with a rifle stock an example of a CR SBR? Thanks.yes, some lugers are C&R SBR and exempt from the NFA, but CA's AW laws still apply, and you'd have a rifle AW. The C&R exemption does not extend to AWs.

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-28-2010, 2:45 PM
thoose rifles are beutiful on their own. but Fully auto 762x54 omg thats got a **** load of firepower.

Fate
03-28-2010, 9:36 PM
thoose rifles are beutiful on their own. but Fully auto 762x54 omg thats got a **** load of firepower.

...for 10 rounds in 1 second of sustained fire. :)

eighteenninetytwo
03-29-2010, 12:50 PM
OK sooooooooo someone one mentioned that "if you jumped through the irght hoops" it is theoretically possible to own Fully Auto in CA.
Where and what are these hoops? and how do I jump through them?

Quiet
03-29-2010, 3:13 PM
OK sooooooooo someone one mentioned that "if you jumped through the irght hoops" it is theoretically possible to own Fully Auto in CA.
Where and what are these hoops? and how do I jump through them?

First hoop.
Apply to the CA DOJ BOF for a Dangerous Weapons Permit for a machinegun and get approved.

eighteenninetytwo
03-29-2010, 3:24 PM
That's EASY!!!!!
I'll let you know when I get the rejection letter.
btw - BOF?

Quiet
03-29-2010, 3:50 PM
btw - BOF?

Bureau of Firearms (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/)

Bhobbs
03-29-2010, 4:00 PM
I heard the Russian steel was so poor that if you fired those AVT40s too much the barrel would melt. I don't know if thats true but it wouldn't surprise me.

Saigon1965
03-29-2010, 7:28 PM
Well that's true with most if not all full auto guns - Barrel can only handle so much -

Bhobbs
03-29-2010, 7:42 PM
Well that's true with most if not all full auto guns - Barrel can only handle so much -

Yeah I know but what I meant was that it would happen relatively quick compared to other FA rifles.