PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hunt receives the endorsement of the OC Deputy Sheriffs Association

ZUMNDAD
03-27-2010, 4:44 PM
Almost 2 to 1 over Hutchens, more than 4 to 1 over Hunter

https://www.aocds.org/news_articles/view/sheriff_coroner_endorsement_results

Ballots Received: 846
Ballots Validated: 824

Retired Lt. Bill Hunt: 414 50.24%

Sheriff Sandra Hutchens 220 26.70%

Deputy Chief Craig Hunter 99 12.02%

No Endorsement 91 11.04%

Retired Lt. Bill Hunt receives the AOCDS-PAC endorsement for the 2010 election for Orange County Sheriff-Coroner.

Thomas Dominguez
AOCDS-PAC Chairperson

Jamsie567
03-28-2010, 9:32 AM
Great for Bill the rank and file support him!

RomanDad
03-28-2010, 10:11 AM
I honestly don't get this move on Hunt's part.... One day he's "Mr. Teaparty" the next he crawls in bed with the tax sucking Unions?

jont92619
03-28-2010, 1:13 PM
How is it a "Move" on Hunt's part? BTW Craig Hunter & Sandra Hutchens were both selling the snake oil the other week in front of the AOCDS trying to woo their endorsement. Didn't Hunter sign some anti union pledge? Guess that went out the window....

Jamsie567
03-28-2010, 4:18 PM
I honestly don't get this move on Hunt's part.... One day he's "Mr. Teaparty" the next he crawls in bed with the tax sucking Unions?

It's kind of like the tax sucking GOP huh? Their failed Carona endorsements cost the tax payers millions... Hunt has the Tea Party support because he has earned it. I don't believe Scott Baugh has ever been invited to a Tea Party event...

What ever happened to the Hutchens is our enemy mentality? :D

Doheny
03-28-2010, 4:22 PM

Are you saying Hunter would turn down the endorsement if he would have gotten it?

OrangeCountyCCW
03-28-2010, 8:49 PM
Are you saying Hunter would turn down the endorsement if he would have gotten it?

That's exactly what the Hunter/OCCCWS camp is saying: that apparently Hunter went to the AOCDS forum and campaigned along with Hutchens and Hunt to get an endorsement from a "tax sucking union" only to... turn it down if he got it, I guess.

With all due respect, that's why a rational discussion just isn't possible with the Hunter supporters. The standards are never the same, and logic is a foreign concept.

SteveH
03-29-2010, 2:34 AM
That's exactly what the Hunter/OCCCWS camp is saying: that apparently Hunter went to the AOCDS forum and campaigned along with Hutchens and Hunt to get an endorsement from a "tax sucking union" only to... turn it down if he got it, I guess.

With all due respect, that's why a rational discussion just isn't possible with the Hunter supporters. The standards are never the same, and logic is a foreign concept.

Its possible for a candidate to seek an endorsement while at the same time say they don't want $$$ just the emndorcement. Unusual, but possible.

Obviously if you seek to lead the Sheriff's Deputies not showing up to their candidate forum would be a bad move politically.

PutTogether
03-29-2010, 3:09 AM
Maybe I'm an idealogue, but I really wish people would put this Hunt vs Hunter BS aside until after June. Everyone do what they can to make the REAL election Hunt vs Hunter, instead of Hutchens against either one of them. For the time being, vote for EITHER of them instead of Hutchens, dont' let her get her 50%, and THEN bicker amongst yourselves about which one is better.

If we can make the main election Hunt vs Hunter then screw it, we won either way. If it is Hutchens vs Either, than ALL of us need to rally behind one of the other too - which will be tough to do while people spread crap about either one of them.

Doheny
03-29-2010, 5:38 AM

Well, as I point out in this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4031777&postcount=23), Hunter does say he'll take the Union's money, he just won't ask for it. :rolleyes:

Anyone who takes the time to watch this video (https://www.aocds.org/news_articles/view/sheriff_coroner_candidates_forum_high_quality) of the all three candidates courting the deputies union will plainly see that Hunt blows away both Hutchens and Hunter. He's way more dialed in then either of the other two.

Doheny
03-29-2010, 5:42 AM

Anyone who takes the time to watch this video (https://www.aocds.org/news_articles/view/sheriff_coroner_candidates_forum_high_quality) of the all three candidates courting the deputies union will plainly see that Hunt blows away both Hutchens and Hunter. He's way more dialed in then either of the other two.

Reloaderx2
03-29-2010, 7:59 AM

It is pretty clear Hunt's knowledge of the interworkings of the sheriff's department is far superior to Sandy Sue. What stuck me more than anything was Hunt drawing the line on pensions essentially saying if they were unsustainable that is where he and the union would part on position. All the candidates agreed that it was the union's job to negotiate pensions and compensation with the Board of Supervisors to the exclusion of the sheriff.

Glock22Fan
03-29-2010, 8:31 AM
It's kind of like the tax sucking GOP huh? Their failed Carona endorsements cost the tax payers millions... Hunt has the Tea Party support because he has earned it. I don't believe Scott Baugh has never been invited to a Tea Party event.

What ever happened to the Hutchens is our enemy mentality? :D

You should know, you were the chief perpetrator in its destruction.

IGOTDIRT4U
03-29-2010, 9:23 AM
You should know, you were the cheif perpetrator in its destruction.

lol.