PDA

View Full Version : Best uppers

fmjkimber
02-10-2006, 12:53 PM
just wondering what everyone was using for ar-15 uppers. i have herd that bushmaster is the best but i wanted to know if anyone has used RRA or ameetec.

nick

Forever-A-Soldier
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm happy with my uppers built by M&A. http://www.m-aparts.com Good selection and prices.

F.A.S. Out

NRAhighpowershooter
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm using a Fulton upper on my service rifle and generic no-manes on my fun AR's and what ever Compass Lake uses for their Spacegun uppers... all seems to have a nice solid fit with my Fulton lowers and hopefully my new STAG lower :cool:

xenophobe
02-10-2006, 1:12 PM
Best? Define best? Best for what? Best for your money? Best quality?

LMT MRP?
JP Enterprises?
Wilson?

There are a LOT of companies that sell much higher quality product than Bushmaster or Armalite....

Gunner1
02-10-2006, 1:28 PM
I have been a hog on this whole ar thing, I have in my posession stripped uppers and complete uppers from six different companies Delton,M&A,LMT,Colt,Armalite and olympic. The Delton,M&A, and LMT stripped uppers all came in the exact same packaging with the same markings in the same places. The Armalite in my opinion had the nicest finish and the colt is an old CAR from the 1980's that I have the receiver resting in another state. I think for the money the Deltons are the way to go. The Olys have a more matte finish but appear to be just as functional as the rest of the bunch.
I suggest you stick with one of the above makers and just look for a good deal in the configuration you want.

Gunner

also forgot about my bushmaster, they seem ok too.

ldivinag
02-10-2006, 1:31 PM
my best one is 24k gold plated with diamond studs.

it has a solid bolt CNC'ed out of solid UNOBTAINIUM.

the barrel is also fully gold chromed.

it has both an eotech and a trij acog, both also in gold.

D.T. Rouland
02-10-2006, 1:50 PM
What's the word on Olympic Arms uppers? Any postive/negative feedback?

Fjold
02-10-2006, 2:24 PM
my best one is 24k gold plated with diamond studs.

it has a solid bolt CNC'ed out of solid UNOBTAINIUM.

the barrel is also fully gold chromed.

it has both an eotech and a trij acog, both also in gold.

But I hear that the gold plated ones are actually made of Crapalloy under the plate.

ldivinag
02-10-2006, 2:37 PM
But I hear that the gold plated ones are actually made of Crapalloy under the plate.

doest matter... in the 'hood, all that matters is DA BLING BLING...

and i'm top of the food chain... yo...

50 Freak
02-10-2006, 3:05 PM
Don't forget the FN uppers. (we are just talking about uppers only here).

FN makes the current US Army M-16s so that is pretty milspec.

fmjkimber
02-10-2006, 3:59 PM
has anyone used a RRA upper, 223/5.56 NATO Chamber---Forged A4 Upper Receiver---Chrome Lined 16" Wilson Barrel 1:9 Twist---Detachable Tactical Carry Handle---Midlength Handguard---A2 Flash Hider for $535 i am really considering this.

any objection.?

nick

50 Freak
02-10-2006, 4:29 PM
I have a FN flat top upper, DPMS chromed bolt/bc, Bushmaster fluted HB in 5.56 with a phantom FH and extended latch, and Knights Armaments RIS or RAS Hand Guards.:D :D

juicy
02-10-2006, 5:37 PM
why dont you get in on the delton upper buy and save your self some cash.

bu-bye
02-10-2006, 5:53 PM
I have a FN flat top upper, DPMS chromed bolt/bc, Bushmaster fluted HB in 5.56 with a phantom FH and extended latch, and Knights Armaments RIS or RAS Hand Guards.:D :D

Now thats a mutt :D

BigAL
02-10-2006, 6:50 PM

What I would like to know is where one finds FN AR parts as the military contract stipulates they cannot use the TDP to compete w/ Colt in the civi segment.

BigAL
02-10-2006, 6:51 PM
has anyone used a RRA upper, 223/5.56 NATO Chamber---Forged A4 Upper Receiver---Chrome Lined 16" Wilson Barrel 1:9 Twist---Detachable Tactical Carry Handle---Midlength Handguard---A2 Flash Hider for $535 i am really considering this.

any objection.?

nick

RRA is known for building very good quality stuff at a reasonable price. No objections here if that is the setup you want.

Bongos
02-10-2006, 7:08 PM
LMT, RRA, Colt, CMT, BM, Armilite... are all good, check out MSTN.com... thay make very nice uppers:D