PDA

View Full Version : Only 26% of OCSD Deputies support Hutchens re-election

SteveH
03-27-2010, 3:44 PM
http://totalbuzz.freedomblogging.com/2010/03/27/hunt-gets-deputies-endorsement-in-sheriffs-race/32659/#comment-128873

"Former sheriff’s Lt. Bill Hunt has overwhelmingly won the endorsement of the 1,800-member deputies’ union in the June 8 race for sheriff, laying the foundation for a heavily contested battle against appointed Sheriff Sandra Hutchens.

Hunt received 50.24 percent of the votes from the department’s rank and file, with Hutchens following with 26.7 percent and Anaheim Deputy Chief Craig Hunter getting 12.02 percent. Eleven percent of the voters cast their ballots not to endorse."

Maestro Pistolero
03-27-2010, 4:06 PM
Impressive. This is looking better by the minute.

demnogis
03-27-2010, 4:07 PM
and < 1% of OC residents are for hutchens! :p

nick
03-27-2010, 4:08 PM
That's a lot of people supporting her. How sad.

SteveH
03-27-2010, 4:15 PM
That's a lot of people supporting her. How sad.

I too am surprised she got 26%. Only Deputies, Sgts and Investigators are AOCDS members. No Lt's, Captains or "interim-commanders." Who are the 26% of Sgt's and below that supported her? SAFE can't be that big? ;)

Reloaderx2
03-27-2010, 4:56 PM
I too am surprised she got 26%. Only Deputies, Sgts and Investigators are AOCDS members. No Lt's, Captains or "interim-commanders." Who are the 26% of Sgt's and below that supported her? SAFE can't be that big? ;)

I think DA investigators are in the mix as well although not employees of the department. I see Hunter grabbed 1% more than the decline to states. Interesting.

OrangeCountyCCW
03-27-2010, 5:42 PM
This should conclusively end any debate about whom Calgunners and Second Amendment advocates should support for Sheriff of Orange County. By a 2-1 margin against Hutchens and by a more than 4-1 margin against Hunter, the men and women of the Department have decided who they want to lead them for the next four years.

Lt. Bill Hunt has stated, in writing, an ironclad CCW pledge that accepts "personal protection" as "good cause," without equivocation or the need for a creative writing exercise: www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/issues

Lt. Hunt is a 20-plus year veteran of the Department, a former Military Policeman, and former Chief of Police Services for the City of San Clemente. He was endorsed by the AOCDS in 2006 and again in 2008. Lt. Hunt is not beholden to any establishment figures or self-believed "power brokers."

Lt. Hunt has a clear plan for reform of the jail system, including a renewed emphasis on professionalism, performance metrics and opportunities for deputy advancement; will focus on cost-cutting and efficiency within the Department as a whole; and is, overall, committed to public safety by keeping criminals in jail and ending the practice of releasing those accused of misdemeanor crimes on their own recognizance.

The so-called "Haidl incident" has been explained, and any person who values our American presumption of innocence until guilt is proven has to agree that Lt. Hunt did the RIGHT thing by refusing to permit a Deputy under his command to include mere speculation in his report simply because the alleged offender happened to be a high-profile defendant in another case. www.fullertonsfuture.org/2010/bill-hunt-on-the-haidl-incident

Those opposing Lt. Hunt on a variety of grounds have now had more than 8 months to back up their claims. The insinuations that "something" was out there to make Lt. Hunt unsuitable for the office of Sheriff have never come to pass.

It is time for CCW advocates to unify behind Bill Hunt -- the choice of the men and women who protect our County every day.

SteveH
03-27-2010, 6:27 PM
Guys, lets keep this about Hutchens lack of support from street cops rather than another Hunter Vs. Hunt CCW thread.

BigDogatPlay
03-27-2010, 6:58 PM
If it's like up here in some counties, sworn probation officers are often in the DSA as well.

Doheny
03-27-2010, 8:38 PM
It is time for CCW advocates to unify behind Bill Hunt -- the choice of the men and women who protect our County every day.

It's also time for OCCCWS to realize they're backing a candidate who can't win (Hunter.) Ideally, they should pull their endorsement and put there resources behind Hunt if they really care about CCW in OC, rather than care about access to to the OCSD like they think they may get if Hunter would win (which he won't.)

Doheny
03-27-2010, 8:39 PM
If it's like up here in some counties, sworn probation officers are often in the DSA as well.

DA investigators are, but probation is not.

NiteQwill
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
My two best friends, both deputies, have already stated they are not voting for that witch.

RomanDad
03-28-2010, 7:32 AM
Im sorry guys.... But the UNIONS are the entities that are BANKRUPTING this State. And the voters of Orange County KNOW IT. The Candidate that the Deputies Union has endorsed has LOST every contested election for Sheriff in modern Orange County history.

Craig Hunter took the pledge to NOT take Union Money. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hunt-231553-baugh-gop.html

I'm glad you got the endorsement if you wanted it.... Im just not sure why you did.

jont92619
03-28-2010, 1:17 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but Craig Hunter was at the Deputy Union forum just the other week trying to woo them for their endorsement? Seeing that he signed this anti union pledge wouldn't that make him a big hypocrite?

SteveH
03-28-2010, 1:56 PM
Im sorry guys.... But the UNIONS are the entities that are BANKRUPTING this State. And the voters of Orange County KNOW IT. The Candidate that the Deputies Union has endorsed has LOST every contested election for Sheriff in modern Orange County history.

Craig Hunter took the pledge to NOT take Union Money. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hunt-231553-baugh-gop.html

I'm glad you got the endorsement if you wanted it.... Im just not sure why you did.

There is more to this election than CCW reform and budget cuts.

There are other important issues such as the day to day law enforcement services for nearly every city in south Orange County.

RomanDad
03-28-2010, 3:57 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but Craig Hunter was at the Deputy Union forum just the other week trying to woo them for their endorsement? Seeing that he signed this anti union pledge wouldn't that make him a big hypocrite?

And Hunter obviously didnt make the promises the Unions want.

Spin away.... It all boils down to, "Bill Hunt- Union Lackey".

Cokebottle
03-28-2010, 4:06 PM
All three are politicians.
All three are union lackeys.

Doheny
03-28-2010, 5:21 PM
"This endorsement is huge," Hunt told me. "These are people who know the sheriff's department the best. They know what's missing in terms of leadership and obviously they think I'm best qualified to be the next sheriff of Orange County. I'm really excited."

Hunt also said he has been invited to speak at a national gun rights rally in Washington, D.C. next month.

(bolding mine)

Article (http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/breaking-news/bill-hunt-captures-deputy-unio/)

jont92619
03-28-2010, 7:05 PM
And Hunter obviously didnt make the promises the Unions want.

Or they saw Hunter for the stuffed shirt he is.... Go watch the video on the AOCDS web site...

Shotgun Man
03-28-2010, 7:23 PM
Guys, lets keep this about Hutchens lack of support from street cops rather than another Hunter Vs. Hunt CCW thread.

Why? Is not the Hunter v Hunt discussion relevant?

proxiedjohnny
03-28-2010, 7:35 PM
The candidate the union picks almost never wins.

proxiedjohnny
03-28-2010, 7:38 PM

Ideally whomever wins won't be supported by the "street cops" whatever those are. They need a manager who isn't in bed with the safety services union.

Johnny

Doheny
03-28-2010, 7:53 PM

Sorry, in the below video at 41:15 he clearly infers that he'd take union money...yes, he says he won't ask for it, but he says he'd take it.

https://www.aocds.org/news_articles/view/sheriff_coroner_candidates_forum_high_quality

OrangeCountyCCW
03-28-2010, 8:39 PM

Really? You don't know why all three candidates sought and, through the AOCDS forum, fought for the endorsement of the rank and file of the Department they are seeking to lead? Come on, I think you're being rather disingenuous.

The AOCDS is the professional association of deputy sheriffs in Orange County. It's hardly the AFL-CIO and it's certainly not what's bankrupting this state. Given campaign finance laws, no one in reality is going to be "taking" any AOCDS money of any substance anyway. The most their PAC could donate to any campaign is $1,700 per election. What's at stake here is the IEs that the Association can make on behalf of the candidate it endorses. Considering that the Association spent over $100,000 opposing some piddling recall for some city council position in south county, I'm guessing they're going to spend some serious money campaigning for Hunt.

SteveH
03-29-2010, 2:29 AM
Why? Is not the Hunter v Hunt discussion relevant?

Its counterproductive to our long term goal of removing Hutchens from office.

Doheny
03-29-2010, 5:34 AM
Its counterproductive to our long term goal of removing Hutchens from office.

The problem is, unless I'm wrong, people have to vote for either Hunt or Hunter in the primary. So it's inevitable that we're gonna mix it up (as in disagree.)

IGOTDIRT4U
03-29-2010, 8:55 AM
It's also time for OCCCWS to realize they're backing a candidate who can't win (Hunter.) Ideally, they should pull their endorsement and put there resources behind Hunt if they really care about CCW in OC, rather than care about access to to the OCSD like they think they may get if Hunter would win (which he won't.)

Your lack of an attention span is incredible. Within one post of your cohort's request not to make this about Hunter/Hunt you post this. Is your candidate this much of an eggshell that the Hunt sycophants have to blow his horn for him constantly?

IGOTDIRT4U
03-29-2010, 8:58 AM
There is more to this election than CCW reform and budget cuts.

There are other important issues such as the day to day law enforcement services for nearly every city in south Orange County.

Since when did RD say the only important issues were about CCW reform and budget cuts (both important issues regardless)? Why twist his (lack) of words? Strange mentality.

Reloaderx2
03-29-2010, 9:30 AM
Really? You don't know why all three candidates sought and, through the AOCDS forum, fought for the endorsement of the rank and file of the Department they are seeking to lead? Come on, I think you're being rather disingenuous.

The AOCDS is the professional association of deputy sheriffs in Orange County. It's hardly the AFL-CIO and it's certainly not what's bankrupting this state. Given campaign finance laws, no one in reality is going to be "taking" any AOCDS money of any substance anyway. The most their PAC could donate to any campaign is $1,700 per election. What's at stake here is the IEs that the Association can make on behalf of the candidate it endorses. Considering that the Association spent over $100,000 opposing some piddling recall for some city council position in south county, I'm guessing they're going to spend some serious money campaigning for Hunt.

You can count on it. If you add that safe oc outfit to the mix Hunt will have campaign money spent on his behalf that will dwarf anything Hutchens or Hunter have combined. I also think that now that people can see Hunt has some serious financial backing they will have no problem opening up their wallets. Meanwhile it looks like Hutchens' fundraising has dried up.

Doheny
03-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Your lack of an attention span is incredible. Within one post of your cohort's request not to make this about Hunter/Hunt you post this.

My attention span is fine. I'm not bound by his request or yours. No doubt you're a Hunter fan.

Is your candidate this much of an eggshell that the Hunt sycophants have to blow his horn for him constantly?

What flavor is that OCCCWS Kook-Aid?

Glock22Fan
03-29-2010, 2:19 PM
The problem is, unless I'm wrong, people have to vote for either Hunt or Hunter in the primary. So it's inevitable that we're gonna mix it up (as in disagree.)

Judging from the way some of you insist on mixing it up, yes, it is inevitable (sadly) that there is infighting going on between supporters who should instead be forming a strategic alliance and postponing the infighting until after Sandra is defeated in the primaries.

KylaGWolf
03-29-2010, 3:54 PM
Judging from the way some of you insist on mixing it up, yes, it is inevitable (sadly) that there is infighting going on between supporters who should instead be forming a strategic alliance and postponing the infighting until after Sandra is defeated in the primaries.

Well said

Doheny
03-29-2010, 4:14 PM

That's just plain silly. Anyone who thinks that all three candidates will make it to the end is dreaming. Only two are likely to be standing after the primary...why not push our candidate now?

Those who say that we should form an alliance or lay low until after the election are nearly always Hunter supporters. They know they're likely to lose in the primary.

Glock22Fan
03-29-2010, 4:45 PM
That's just plain silly. Anyone who thinks that all three candidates will make it to the end is dreaming. Only two are likely to be standing after the primary...why not push our candidate now?

Those who say that we should form an alliance or lay low until after the election are nearly always Hunter supporters. They know they're likely to lose in the primary.

I could make observations about the general run of a certain candidate's supporters, but Kestryl would probably ban me.

I'm neither a Hunter supporter or a Hunt supporter, but I'll tell you that if I did have a vote, quite a few of you have turned me against Hunt, just by your behavior and lack of understanding that it is Sandra you should be attacking at this stage of the game.

It really won't matter who is standing after the primary, if Hunt and Hunter have each driven away the other's supporters. If Hunt can't get into second place without negative campaigning, he doesn't deserve to be there - and Hunter too, but that seems to be less of a problem.