PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunt coyotes in so cal?

TonyMang_89
03-27-2010, 12:38 PM
i'm in cherry valley, looking for anyone close that might know of some places to go find some. not having much luck around my area but that could just be me

CavTrooper
03-27-2010, 1:02 PM
It could be that its denning season and the coyotes are having pups now. Wait until the fall and youll have plenty of young dumb pups to get after. Hunting coyotes now you take a chance killing a btch full of pups or one that is nursing, and instead of killing one, you end up killing off a whole litter.

TonyMang_89
03-27-2010, 1:12 PM
ya i know, i'm just looking for some new spots around the surrounding area
maybe someone to hunt with this fall

James@ParallaxTactical
03-27-2010, 1:40 PM
I might know some places (a couple places I've heard them, a couple people have told me they're there) that deserve further inquiry (ie can I hunt there).

So yeah, PM me if you're interested. I'm in San Diego.

LloydXmas250
03-27-2010, 2:47 PM
I grew up in Yucaipa and live in Redlands now. I was hiking into the SBNF on a path into the hills and have found some nice yotes up there. After I got my license though I've been busted by a yote once and then the other time, someone walking saw me walking up the path the 3 miles into the mountains where no one is with my rifle which was strapped into my backpack's gun carrier and called the cops. They caught up with me and gave me the third degree about having a gun there. It was legal and they basically gave me the run around threatening me if I didn't leave. Since then I've been going up to the high desert. I'm down to scout other places closer though if you are looking. Send me a PM sometime about it.

Echidin
03-27-2010, 3:04 PM
i'm in cherry valley, looking for anyone close that might know of some places to go find some. not having much luck around my area but that could just be me

Come stake out my neighborhood at night. They're running ramped over here.

gigahertz
03-29-2010, 7:29 AM

Same thing here in Santa Monica close to the hills. Too bad we can't shoot them. :mad:

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 7:33 AM

Mine too. We had 4 in our front yard on Saturday night.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 7:35 AM

Dont worry about hunting them now or the spring or the fall. That is why they are open season in the first place. They are a nuisance and need to be eradicated even if it means killing pregnant coyotes or pups.

I.E. When an exterminator goes to kill mice/roaches does he worry of all the pregnant ones and wait for a certain time of year or season to kill them all?

jawbreaker
03-29-2010, 8:04 AM
Dont worry about hunting them now or the spring or the fall. That is why they are open season in the first place. They are a nuisance and need to be eradicated even if it means killing pregnant coyotes or pups.

I.E. When an exterminator goes to kill mice/roaches does he worry of all the pregnant ones and wait for a certain time of year or season to kill them all?

You are such a pro and so ethical too.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 8:18 AM
To each his own.

You will never be able to control a species if you only hunt it 3 months out of the year. I dont know about everyone else here but I am paid to get rid of the headaches to others and will kill them any time of year and any chance I get.

Bearclaw
03-29-2010, 8:45 AM
That just means......MORE JERKY!!!!!!

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 8:50 AM
The younger the better. It is way more tender and less gamey.:D

CavTrooper
03-29-2010, 9:44 AM
Adc work is one thing, which, i dont belive we have any adc guys here, but "sport hunting" pups is an entirelĂ˝ different story.

Kill wet btches and summertime pups, less targets for the prime hunting times.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 9:46 AM
There is no such time as prime hunting times unless you are hunting for pelts. All times are the right times for hunting coyotes when you eat them.

Call_me_Tom
03-29-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't get some of the folks on here. PCH said it best

That is why they are open season in the first place. They are a nuisance and need to be eradicated even if it means killing pregnant coyotes or pups.

As liberal and tree hugging as this state is, do you really think that they'd just let you hunt all of the coyotes that you could afford if there wasn't an issue with them...the whole point in hunting them is to get their populations under control. You can't do that if you are being selective.

CavTrooper
03-29-2010, 10:42 AM
There is no such time as prime hunting times unless you are hunting for pelts. All times are the right times for hunting coyotes when you eat them.

115 degrees in the daytime, 100 degrees at midnite vs. 65 degree days and 30 degree nights...

Id say there most defenitly is a prime hunting time.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Not if you are as dedicated as I am.

If you cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch. :D

the heat has never bothered me. I actually prefer it to be hot.