PDA

View Full Version : Do you like shotguns?

jessegpresley
02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Here are my four:

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/saintelvis/shot1.jpg

Mossberg 500A with Knoxx Copstock
FN Tactical Police Shotgun with C-More Slide Ride
FN SLP
Valtro PM5

Stanze
02-10-2006, 1:10 AM
Very nice, how's the recoil with 00Buck, slugs, magnum loads on the FN SLP?

Gnote
02-10-2006, 8:07 AM
Nice collection!

What, none for sporting clays?:eek:

Ironballs
02-10-2006, 9:49 AM
Yes I do (like them)- more and more every day...

nice collection
What do you think of that Valtro- worth the coin?

jessegpresley
02-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Very nice, how's the recoil with 00Buck, slugs, magnum loads on the FN SLP?

Hi Stanze, unfortunately I've only had it long enought to take it out once to Spenceville, and I brought just 100 rounds of Winchester 8 shot light target 2 3/4" loads, and evidentally they aren't enough to cycle the action. As you can imagine I was pretty bummed. I'll be out there again in a few weeks so I will report back on how it is. I've heard it's very manageable. I haven't taken it anywhere else because Spenceville is really the only place where I can shoot it as quickly as possible; and it's supposed to be the quickest Semi Auto out there; along side it's larger siblings the Browning Gold and Winchester SX2.

Nice collection!

What, none for sporting clays?

Actually I do shoot clays with them. I figure that it's good to practice on moving targets with my SD shotguns. Barrels over 20" are like cheating ;)

What do you think of that Valtro- worth the coin?

I had read alot about the Valtro before buying it. There seems to be alot of misinformation about it on the various message boards. It's a great shotgun and if you can find one at a good price, scoop it up! 00 buck with the wire stock were no problem, and the recoil was more manageable than my FN TPS. The action is the slickest of the bunch.

Jeff Rambo
02-10-2006, 2:28 PM
I have been lusting over an FN TPS for quite some time (about two years). I was dead set on buying one last month, but then went off and bought three lowers, which then meant money for three uppers.

Eventually I will get it...

Nice collection!

Gnote
02-10-2006, 3:19 PM

I figure that it's good to practice on moving targets with my SD shotguns. Barrels over 20" are like cheating ;)

I have a 26" O/U. I need all the help I can get!!!:D :D :D

crs1
02-15-2006, 8:05 PM
shotguns are the best...nice collection...that Valtro is interesting looking...might be room in my safe:D

jessegpresley
02-15-2006, 9:36 PM
I have been lusting over an FN TPS for quite some time (about two years). I was dead set on buying one last month, but then went off and bought three lowers, which then meant money for three uppers.

The TPS is now $530 from a seller on Gunbroker, the same guy I got mine from, and he's including the $200 C-More! You gotta get one at that price. They retail for a stupid $800 without the C-More.

Sell your lowers; they'll never be legal in any other configuration than as a fixed mag. This whole lower madness musta been propagated by the lower industry! Conspiracy!:p I like guns, but not enough to lose my freedom over them (illegal AR's).

Jeff Rambo
02-15-2006, 9:47 PM
I'll keep my lowers, but I think I will jump on that deal if all goes according to plan in the next three days. I saw it earlier today and was relaying it to the g/f. She knows I've been lusting over a TPS for almost two years now and realizes that the deal on Gunbroker is nearly 50% off.

jessegpresley
02-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Ray_Tanner, the Gunbroker seller is a good guy. He lowered the price after I bought a gun from him, and gave me the difference when I enquired.

Ironballs
02-16-2006, 5:33 PM
+ 1 Ray Tanner, he sold me my FN SLP at a great price... and she is a beauty...

That pic of the Valtro got me searching, i found one and made an offer, seller told me it was sold,... but that he has a lnib 11-87P for sale... drossed it today.. :)

GW
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
11-87 is a great shotgun
You'll be happy with it

Shoot-it
02-17-2006, 6:41 PM
Shotguns suck what are they good for you can hold more than 8 rounds...........:eek: