View Full Version : Opening & closing with bells & whistles ?

02-09-2006, 9:34 PM
Just finished a build with a 24" H-bar bushie, Harris bipod and Leupold scope, and am finding it more difficult to open for reloading (of course) than with the 20" standard config or shorties, Does anybody see perhaps a potential problem with wear on the receiver and front pin as well as being harder to close due to all that extra weight up-front, Or, is the wear when opening more on the uppers front pin hole?? obviously I do not want to damage my receiver in any way and of
course am probably being overly "sensitive" with my Baby...Any words of Encouragement from someone who pilots a similar rigg??

02-09-2006, 9:46 PM
AR-15 = battle rifle = meant to beat around lol
but if ur really concerned... buy another lower for a safe queen :D

02-09-2006, 9:48 PM
Its a gun not a baby drop it in the sand then drag it behind you for a few hundred yards now its a gun! Thats how you get the bad *** look........:p

02-09-2006, 9:49 PM
Yea, I've been carrying my old one around for ages so it doesnt matter anymore but this baby is scary awesome gorgeous.Still need more encouragement, although she goes to the range tommorow for trials and for me that means sighting in and then assuming everything is in order, directly into varminting position, on ground with bipod and a few good boxes of ammo... I feel better already.

02-10-2006, 7:24 AM
first off.. they don't need to be baby'd.. but!! the military can get away with dragging them through God knows what.. if they break.. they get another one.. we don't have that luxury... so just be carefull.. but they don't need to be baby'd.....

02-10-2006, 8:11 AM
For a longer barrel, if I was at a bench I would just pop both pins and remove the upper completely. That would only add a couple seconds to the task.