PDA

View Full Version : Out of state sellers, CFLC, and a C&R holder

nickarino
03-26-2010, 2:05 PM
I was just wondering if an out of state dealer needs to be registered in the CFLC system when shipping C&R rifles to an 03 FFL (like me!).

thefifthspeed
03-26-2010, 2:30 PM
Nope, C&R is exempt

bhaworth
03-26-2010, 3:29 PM
Nope, C&R is exempt

But there are still a lot of sellers out there that do not understand that nor do they seem to want to learn!

ScottB
03-26-2010, 4:36 PM
But there are still a lot of sellers out there that do not understand that nor do they seem to want to learn!

I bet I have had to pass on a dozen C&Rs in the past year because of this, not to mention the modern weapons.

Man I am so tired of these ignorant rubes on GunBroker automatically tacking on "No sales to California" just because they saw it some other idiot's listing. They are clueless.

Most of these guys aren't dealers and they aren't peddling anything remotely questionable. All they have to do is ship it to my local FFL and even that's just too much for them to wrap their tiny little brains around. My favorites are the stupid a-holes whoinclude a big rant and think by sticking a knife in our backs they are somehow making a political statement. Tools. All they are doing is playing into the hands of the antis and cutting off a big market

Sorry for the rant. I feel (a little) better now.

Nicarino, all you can do is try to explain and hope they see the light. Maybe there is some concise summary of the code we could send them.

hk91666
03-26-2010, 7:43 PM
I bet I have had to pass on a dozen C&Rs in the past year because of this, not to mention the modern weapons.

Man I am so tired of these ignorant rubes on GunBroker automatically tacking on "No sales to California" just because they saw it some other idiot's listing. They are clueless.

Most of these guys aren't dealers and they aren't peddling anything remotely questionable. All they have to do is ship it to my local FFL and even that's just too much for them to wrap their tiny little brains around. My favorites are the stupid a-holes whoinclude a big rant and think by sticking a knife in our backs they are somehow making a political statement. Tools. All they are doing is playing into the hands of the antis and cutting off a big market

Sorry for the rant. I feel (a little) better now.

Nicarino, all you can do is try to explain and hope they see the light. Maybe there is some concise summary of the code we could send them.

That is hundreds of missed sale opportunities for them the idiots.... i mean who could miss an opportunity to sell to a state with 40 million folks in it .... Their loss not ours..

BatBoy2 75
03-26-2010, 8:48 PM
That is hundreds of missed sale opportunities for them the idiots.... i mean who could miss an opportunity to sell to a state with 40 million folks in it .... Their loss not ours..

Exactly, it's their loss.

The idiots that engage in the CA hate are more concerned about looking bad*ss and giving off the impression they are NRA super patriots. In reality, they are ignoring a huge market place that is filled with gun enthusiasts. If they were to sit down and think about it, they would realize they are doing the dirty work for the gun haters. One would also think that they'd want as many guns as they could get into California.

What's even more distressing is the idiot CA gun broker sellers that won't sell their guns to CA buyers. How the hell do you complete the logic on that circle? I've run into two CA rifles on gunbroker I would have bid on if only the idiot sellers weren't such retards.

I'm getting ready to sell some guns on gunbroker, and when I do, I will post that I won't do business with people that have and or are running anti CA auctions on gun broker. I purchased an Albanian SKS from a fellow calgunner and he was running an auction with the same terms as I just described. Yeah, it's childish and just as self destructive as their stupid policies, but it's worth it. I can't wait to tell some whining jackass that I won't sell him the rifle or handgun they desperately want to bid on.

Inoxmark
03-26-2010, 8:49 PM
Send them this link to DOJ FAQ page:
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/cflcfaqs.php#4

4. Are any California FFLs exempt from the CFLC verification approval requirement?

Yes. The CFLC program does not apply to FFLs with Type 03 (curio and relic collectors) and Type 06 (ammunition dealers) licenses.

In addition, C&R long guns over 50 y.o are exempt from CFLC period, even when shipped from FFL01 to FFL01. There's a link to DOJ bulletin about this somewhere here.

hk91666
03-27-2010, 5:34 AM
Exactly, it's their loss.

The idiots that engage in the CA hate are more concerned about looking bad*ss and giving off the impression they are NRA super patriots. In reality, they are ignoring a huge market place that is filled with gun enthusiasts. If they were to sit down and think about it, they would realize they are doing the dirty work for the gun haters. One would also think that they'd want as many guns as they could get into California.

What's even more distressing is the idiot CA gun broker sellers that won't sell their guns to CA buyers. How the hell do you complete the logic on that circle? I've run into two CA rifles on gunbroker I would have bid on if only the idiot sellers weren't such retards.

I'm getting ready to sell some guns on gunbroker, and when I do, I will post that I won't do business with people that have and or are running anti CA auctions on gun broker. I purchased an Albanian SKS from a fellow calgunner and he was running an auction with the same terms as I just described. Yeah, it's childish and just as self destructive as their stupid policies, but it's worth it. I can't wait to tell some whining jackass that I won't sell him the rifle or handgun they desperately want to bid on.

I sold stuff on GunsAmerica mostly all went well. I have never used Gunbroker. I worry about auctions even with fleabay I usually buy now. The only grief was buying from a dealer in Illinois are and they would not do the CFLC online they had to do manually it took 2 months to get a OLL receiver to my home based FFL guy.

zinfull
03-27-2010, 10:59 AM
As much as I like to ***** about the other guys it is also CA dealers. There are way to many FFL01s who will not take a gun from a private party.

jerry

BatBoy2 75
03-27-2010, 3:29 PM
As much as I like to ***** about the other guys it is also CA dealers. There are way to many FFL01s who will not take a gun from a private party.

jerry

Turners in Corona is one.
Ammo brothers in Ontario is another one ( kind of). They made it such a hassle I told them to go **** themselves.

TRICKSTER
03-27-2010, 4:16 PM
Send them this link to DOJ FAQ page:
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/cflcfaqs.php#4

In addition, C&R long guns over 50 y.o are exempt from CFLC period, even when shipped from FFL01 to FFL01. There's a link to DOJ bulletin about this somewhere here.

Here it is.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/2008-BOF-01.pdf

EOD Guy
03-28-2010, 7:43 AM
This is one of the reasons that California dealers were the bigest backers of the CFLC system. It opens more business for them

ke6guj
03-28-2010, 11:03 AM
This is one of the reasons that California dealers were the bigest backers of the CFLC system. It opens more business for them

unfortunately, this is correct, AFAIK. I recall it being told to us, "don't worry about it, its just an industry bill".

hk91666
03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
unfortunately, this is correct, AFAIK. I recall it being told to us, "don't worry about it, its just an industry bill".

Do you think the ammo bill was perpetrated by them (cal dealers) to stop internet sales. It all starts make sense now!