PDA

View Full Version : Story about rising gun sales on KCRA 3

a1c
03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
During the 11 pm news. Short segment highlighted first time buyers, cited gun sales up 40% and interviewed instructor Terry Wingert.

Not biased at all either way.

airwright
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
I marked it on the DVDR for tomorrow AM they allways recycle ther news.

BananaTyrant
03-26-2010, 4:07 AM
http://www.kcra.com/video/22961550/

Found it on their site.

johnny_22
03-26-2010, 6:07 AM
They are hard to shoot. Is he out of the 4" or 6" barrels?

What is with the need to sell women a snub nose revolver?

ZombieTactics
03-26-2010, 6:18 AM
... What is with the need to sell women a snub nose revolver?
Ever been in a gun store? Ever notice how women positively are drawn to the little snubbies, like there is some sort of gravitational field or something? I've seen it over-n-over ... "oooh, I LIKE that one" ;)

Factors like "hard to shoot", "firepower", "combat accuracy", "muzzle flip", etc. often come off as arcane concepts or just male bluster to the uninitiated female. More than anything else, women new to handguns are drawn to simplicity and compactness. J-frame snubbies (for instance) seem to just fit that bill perfectly. My wife was perfectly happy with her S&W 442 from day one, as long as I don't try make her shoot "those stupid +P bullets that hurt my hand".

johnny_22
03-26-2010, 6:21 AM
Ever been in a gun store? Ever notice how women positively are drawn to the little snubbies, like there is some sort of gravitational field or something? I've seen it over-n-over ... "oooh, I LIKE that one" ;)

More than anything else, women new to handguns are drawn to simplicity and compactness. J-frame snubbies (for instance) seem to just fit that bill perfectly.

But, I've seen a good salesman direct the woman to something easier to shoot.

OlderThanDirt
03-26-2010, 7:59 AM
But, I've seen a good salesman direct the woman to something easier to shoot.

A good salesman would direct a woman to a firearm that meets her needs and capabilities. My wife was extremely pissed with "salesmen" that kept directing her to small, lightweight guns, with minimal recoil. The retard just assumed that all women should shoot little 380s and nothing bigger. She does quite well with her S&W 357 revolver, but does draw the line at my Ruger 454 and 480.

mdouglas1980
03-26-2010, 8:13 AM
this segment seems to be maybe not pro firearm, but at least not bashing which is pretty good considering how many anti-gun segments there are on tv. Since there are probably a lot of single homeowners not just women that would like to be able to protect themselves from an intruder that are wanting to become first time gun owners. plus if you if an intruder sees you are armed or shooting at them that's usually enough to deter any home invader, since most people would be to "rattled" to actually shoot to kill an intruder in their home. Plus it's good to see first time buyers educating themselves on their weapons as well.