View Full Version : C&R address change

03-25-2010, 8:41 PM
I moved and sent in for my address change. Will i still be able to use my C&R with my old address? Maybe send a utility bill or something with my new address.

03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Technically No. If you look on your license right next to your address it says that you must notify the FFLC 30 days before the move. That's so they have time to issue you a new license before you make the move. Your license must match your current address in order to purchase C&R firearms.

I couldn't tell by your post if you sent a change of address to the post office or the ATF. The following may be redundant to you.

The license is actually tied to your address and the area you live it is part of your license number. You need to send a form to the ATF, the form should be in the packet they sent you along with the books. It is form 5300.38 “Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License." You can also download it from www.atf.gov. Just fill it out and include a note saying that you're moving. It doesn't cost anything and they will send you a new license. Keep in mind that the form is for all FFL's so some parts may not apply to you. Most likely, the new license will have a different number depending on how far you moved. If you already did this then you just need to wait until you get the new license.

Vendors are only permitted to ship to the address on your license. Once you get the new license, send out signed copies to all vendors you want to do business with. Do not conduct any C&R transactions until you get your new license if you have already moved. The Feds are pretty uptight about this.

03-26-2010, 7:10 AM
I downloaded the form and sent it in a 2-3 weeks ago.