PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Starbucks!! Video!!

JohnnyRooks
03-25-2010, 9:35 PM
i searched and i can't find a video.. :D

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/flatpages/video/mediacenterbc3.html?bcpid=30884189001&bctid=73740835001

CCWFacts
03-25-2010, 9:53 PM
That's a good video.

He makes the point clearly: "We're a coffee company".

They don't want to be involved in this whole issue. We should respect that. They're doing the right thing: they go with state law, and they focus on selling coffee. It's not their business to take a stance on an issue like this.

The questions from the audience were nuts. "Is it ok for someone to bring a loaded gun into a Starbucks?" Hello, people have been bringing loaded guns :eek: into Starbucks every day since Starbucks opened for business.

Are they going to tell cops they can't come in? Should they tell the armored car company that comes to get their cash, "hang up your guns before you come in"? Are they supposed to tell CCW holders in 48 states, "stay out"? There are many many people who carry loaded guns, legally, under various provisions of the law (CCW, LEO, VT-carry, *OC, armored car guard, and probably many many others) all the time. There is nothing new about guns being present in Starbucks. The only thing that is new is that now some people who are not in uniform are openly carrying them and getting attention. Nothing else has changed.

bomb_on_bus
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Theres been many a time I have frequented the local starbucks that just so happens to be a favorite hangout for all the LEO service branches around here and from time to time theres upwards of a dozen or so peace officers sipping on a good ol cup of over caffinated joe.

makes we wonder how nervous the java junky liberals get when they see a ton of guns tanking up on java at their sacred watering hole.

sytfu_RR
03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Great video, and he corrected the lady about UOC.

aermotor
03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Great vid, great answers. God ppl make me sick..... ANYONE if they wanted to can walk ANYWHERE with a load gun... come the F on people. If someone wants to do something illegal and harmful they will. Mmmmm my coffee from earlier tastes even better now :)

Maestro Pistolero
03-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Excellent answers, and I love that he pointed out that the overwhelming majority of states allow some form of carry.

One point that doesn't quite square with reality, is that UOC is primarily a California anomaly. Most states that allow open carry, allow LOADED open carry. So it is not correct to say that Starbucks is only allowing unloaded open carry. if they are following the law they are primarily allowing LOADED open carry.

Bill Carson
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
People should not worry about the guns they do see. They should worry about the guns they don't see.

Blackhawk556
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
hey guys I have a question

hey said that you can't walk into starbucks with a loaded gun, that only people with unloaded guns can. What about someone with a CCW?? Can't someone with a ccw walk into a starbucks with a loaded gun on his/her hip?
How are the employees suppose to know if it's loaded or not?

If someone is concealing a weapon people won't know, but what if they take their jacket off and the gun becomes visible.

oldrifle
03-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I love this company! The way these ladies and gentlemen speak to each other is clear, thoughtful, articulate, very respectful and heartfelt. I think I'm going to go buy some Starbucks stock.

oldrifle
03-26-2010, 11:40 AM
hey guys I have a question

hey said that you can't walk into starbucks with a loaded gun, that only people with unloaded guns can. What about someone with a CCW?? Can't someone with a ccw walk into a starbucks with a loaded gun on his/her hip?
How are the employees suppose to know if it's loaded or not?

If someone is concealing a weapon people won't know, but what if they take their jacket off and the gun becomes visible.

I don't think Starbucks cares if you're carrying concealed... there's no potential PR fall-out or disturbance possible if nobody knows you have the gun. It's pretty clear that Starbucks' position is to stay out of these matters and only have an opinion insofar as it directly affects their business... which is exactly the position they should be taking. If someone walks in with a loaded gun versus an unloaded gun I don't think it would make a huge difference in terms of public reaction because most people wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Dovii4ever
03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow, a company with balls, I wonder for how long before the Brady campaign tries to cut them off.

1 SIG fan
03-26-2010, 12:19 PM
weren't they primarly talking about CA and UOC?? in ther states like AZ it's all good to go anywhere with a loaded firearm.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
03-26-2010, 3:42 PM
Is it illegal to carry (UOC, LOC, CCW) in a store that has banned firearms on its premises? Or is the only possible consequence is that they can kick you out?

MudCamper
03-26-2010, 3:55 PM
weren't they primarly talking about CA and UOC?? in ther states like AZ it's all good to go anywhere with a loaded firearm.

They are just confused. The entire issue started here in California, where we only have UOC, so that's likey why they are confused, but you are correct that in most open carry states one can LOC into their local Starbucks or any other business.

Is it illegal to carry (UOC, LOC, CCW) in a store that has banned firearms on its premises? Or is the only possible consequence is that they can kick you out?

No it is not illegal per se. All they can do is ask you to leave. If you do not, then you are violating trespass laws.

Liberty1
03-26-2010, 4:06 PM
I never got Starbucks before all this. Now I get my steamy cup of yummy 2nd A. goodness several times a week. :43:

bomb_on_bus
03-26-2010, 5:07 PM
I was really impressed with both answers from starbucks officials which is they are siding with the law in each state and they do not want to get into a winded debate over the issue.

although judging from the video some of the people in the audience wished otherwise.

truthseeker
03-26-2010, 5:17 PM
He sounded like a politician!

He should have said:

"We are a coffee company, if a person is NOT breaking a law in our store, than it is our duty as law abiding citizens to respect the liberty of others!"

He should have then added "what if we put up a sign banning all anti-gun customers, how would that make you feel?"

Nose Nuggets
03-26-2010, 6:00 PM
i have said it before and ill say it again. they are NOT pro gun. NOT banning firearms is NOT pro gun. all they are doing right now is siding with the law. this could all change tomorrow if they thought they would lose more revenue then gain.

woodey
03-26-2010, 6:10 PM
+1 for Starbucks

truthseeker
03-26-2010, 6:23 PM
i have said it before and ill say it again. they are NOT pro gun. NOT banning firearms is NOT pro gun. all they are doing right now is siding with the law. this could all change tomorrow if they thought they would lose more revenue then gain.

No CRAP!

They are a BUSINESS, they are trying to make as much profit as possible.

Nose Nuggets
03-26-2010, 6:32 PM
No CRAP!

They are a BUSINESS, they are trying to make as much profit as possible.

are you agreeing with me? or being condescending? i cant tell.

picasso
03-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Great vid, great answers. God IGNORANT ppl make me sick..... ANYONE if they wanted to can walk ANYWHERE with a load gun... come the F on people. If someone wants to do something illegal and harmful they will. Mmmmm my coffee from earlier tastes even better now :)

I added that for you.

He should have then added "what if we put up a sign banning all anti-gun customers, how would that make you feel?"

That's too confrontational.

A win-win situation for starbucks. Following the state law and 43 states against 7 states.

ldivinag
03-27-2010, 5:08 AM
+1 for Starbucks

+100 for me...

wow... i mean just WOW...

that was a big F-U to the brady bunchers...

lol...