PDA

View Full Version : Meg Whitman

Slim
03-25-2010, 4:07 PM
Ok I checked out her web site for about an hour and can find no statement as to her 2A feelings. Anyone here know where she stands on this issue.

MonsterMan
03-25-2010, 4:10 PM
She is very Anti gun.

ScottB
03-25-2010, 4:23 PM
She is very Anti gun.

I keep hearing that, but have not seen the evidence one way or the other. Has anyone got any specific statements by her or other evidence? I'm not saying she isn't, I just prefer to operate on something other than rumor.

POLICESTATE
03-25-2010, 4:28 PM
I can't recall who on here has a link in his signature to Ebay's anti-gun policies but yeah there you go.

Also she's certainly not pro-2A. She's pro-$$$, her $$$

smallshot13
03-25-2010, 4:39 PM
Just Google Meg Whitman and gun control. You will get lots about her anti gun stance. Believes in AW ban and strict handgun controls.

Mstrty
03-25-2010, 4:42 PM
here is one of the many discussions on Calguns.
Meg Whittman is anti-gun (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=263246)

SkatinJJ
03-25-2010, 4:48 PM
http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-13/bay-area/17190174_1_sen-john-mccain-abortion-rights-budget-gap

http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m11d18-Why-should-California-gun-owners-care-about-Meg-Whitman (http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner%7Ey2009m11d18-Why-should-California-gun-owners-care-about-Meg-Whitman)

most of all, read what it says on her own website about the laws on the books are good already and we don't need any more new gun laws...
http://www.megwhitman.com/platform_topic.php?type=crime&page=3

kf6tac
03-25-2010, 4:51 PM
From the SF Chronicle:

Whitman said she supports abortion rights - including public funding for abortions - and believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/MNCU15SUDJ.DTL

obeygiant
03-25-2010, 4:52 PM
I can't recall who on here has a link in his signature to Ebay's anti-gun policies but yeah there you go.

Also she's certainly not pro-2A. She's pro-$$$, her $$$

That would be Five.Five-Six and in his signature it says:

all you need to know about Meg Whitman (http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6954/megwhitman.jpg)

POLICESTATE
03-25-2010, 4:55 PM
From the SF Chronicle:

" Originally Posted by Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer
Whitman said she supports abortion rights - including public funding for abortions - and believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California."

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/MNCU15SUDJ.DTL

And she's running as a Republican?? Surprised the RNC doesn't just kick her out.

inbox485
03-25-2010, 4:59 PM
About 5 minutes of Google Fu got me:

http://www.megwhitman.com/on_the_record.php
http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-13/bay-area/17190174_1_sen-john-mccain-abortion-rights-budget-gap
http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m11d18-Why-should-California-gun-owners-care-about-Meg-Whitman

My take is that she is rabidly anti gun and would sign anything the legislature could cook up. There was no real reason to ban not only guns but even pictures of guns from e-bay, but she saw to it. 99% of her campaign is about running CA like she ran eBay. Her claim to support the second amendment is like listening to Obama say the same thing. It triggers my gag reflex.

cmaynes
03-25-2010, 5:00 PM
the RNC never saw a dollar it didnt like.... and she has millions of them. And has already spent millions so far.

We are screwed as far as the choices so far.

vantec08
03-25-2010, 5:04 PM
agree, cmaynes. ole Meg and Moonbeam Jerry. yawwwwnnnn

POLICESTATE
03-25-2010, 5:07 PM
There has got to be some grassroots thing we can do to expose this rhino ***** for what she is.

SickofSoCal
03-25-2010, 5:14 PM
Meg Whittman =

http://www.sanparks.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/rhino-butt-300x273.jpg

The plain sad fact-of-the-matter is, in this day and age, that there is NO choice for the people.

You are living in a Plutocracy.

Bearclaw
03-25-2010, 6:20 PM
The plain sad fact-of-the-matter is, in this day and age, that there is NO choice for the people.

+1....somebody please come up with a better canidate!!!!!!

BigDogatPlay
03-25-2010, 6:32 PM
+1....somebody please come up with a better canidate!!!!!!

Too late for this go around.... maybe in 2014.

A real conservative can not get elected to statewide office in California any more, I am afraid. Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, running in the Republican primary for Senate, is a solid conservative and a friend of ours relative to 2A. But even if he beats Carly (the RINO) Fiorina's big fat checkbook in the primary, I'd wager Boxer would beat by 15 points or better.

stag1500
03-25-2010, 8:18 PM
Maybe the California Republicans should learn how to campaign in this state from Arnold. Once in office, they can change positions whenever they want. It wouldn't be the first time a political candidate broke his/her campaign promises once in office.

POLICESTATE
03-25-2010, 8:29 PM

No, we are living in a Kakistocracy

SickofSoCal
03-25-2010, 8:32 PM
No, we are living in a Kakistocracy

Right.

6079Winston
03-25-2010, 9:03 PM
I vote for Kleptocracy, or more accurately Kleptocracy by proxy.

POLICESTATE
03-25-2010, 9:05 PM
How about a Kakiplutokleptocracy?

tom1850
03-25-2010, 9:09 PM
Thank goodness Gavin Newsom, “It's going to happen, whether you like it or not”, is not running for Governor.

I am not crazy about Jerry Brown but Arnold has proven that just wanting to change things does not mean you can without understanding how the program works. Meg preaches how she did such a great job with Ebay but I am sure in that case if her VP’s did not follow her program they were gone. Not that easy with the leaches in Sac Town.

I can only hope JB will do something regarding relaxing California gun, CCW, etc restrictions. At the very least not sign more ridiculous bills like AB 962.

I guess just bite the bullet and vote for JB. It would be nice if he at least made a promise to work with gun owners even if it winds up being another political false promise. Maybe the NRA can get him to commit to something, anything.

POLICESTATE
03-25-2010, 9:11 PM
Yeah it could be worse, but we're still stuck choosing between Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich, just like that South Park episode.

ErikTheRed
03-26-2010, 1:05 AM
Yeah it could be worse, but we're still stuck choosing between Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich, just like that South Park episode.

"So whats it gonna be? The Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich?"

Yup, that pretty much sums up every election I've been a part of since 1992. At least in the primaries, sometimes, I get to support a candidate I actually like. I say to hell with the general, lets just do the primaries and whoever I vote for, wins. Cool with everyone else?

:D

Zomgie
03-26-2010, 1:33 AM
She didn't even run e-bay well. She authorized a $2B buyout of Skype that didn't even include the intellectual property of the product.

In office I'd expect her to dedicate $500M for the 'right' to pave new roads and forget to actually hire Cal Trans

maxwellca21
03-26-2010, 1:53 AM
F meg wittman...total *****.

vantec08
03-26-2010, 5:59 AM
I am far more interested in changes in congress. Without the ability to enforce Gubenatorial decisions (budget, veto, etc) in congress, we end up with stalemate decisions as we have witnessed for about twenty some years now. Seems a lot of districts in CA dont want to give up their good old boy, something-for-nothing congressperson and until citizens quit making demands of the treasury, it isnt likely to change. Why isnt moonbeam filing suit with the other states on the outrageous health-care debacle? I submit its because he is just another gutless lefty.

Bearclaw
03-26-2010, 7:58 AM
How about a Kakiplutokleptocracy?

YEAH!

Bearclaw
03-26-2010, 8:02 AM
I am far more interested in changes in congress. Without the ability to enforce Gubenatorial decisions (budget, veto, etc) in congress, we end up with stalemate decisions as we have witnessed for about twenty some years now. Seems a lot of districts in CA dont want to give up their good old boy, something-for-nothing congressperson and until citizens quit making demands of the treasury, it isnt likely to change. Why isnt moonbeam filing suit with the other states on the outrageous health-care debacle? I submit its because he is just another gutless lefty.

exactly! people always key in the the higher offices like governor or president. But it's the people under them that actually make the most happen. We definitely need to be sure we are voting for 2A friendly legislators, maybe even more so than for a 2A friendly governor.

dfletcher
03-26-2010, 8:20 AM
Thank goodness Gavin Newsom, “It's going to happen, whether you like it or not”, is not running for Governor.

He is however running for Lt Governor. Granted, being VP of CA isn't much but it puts him all over the state, he'll be distanced from SF politics for a while in the public eye - and Brown will be older than dirt after his first term is completed.

Glock22Fan
03-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok I checked out her web site for about an hour and can find no statement as to her 2A feelings. Anyone here know where she stands on this issue.

You haven't even done enough of your own research to spell her name correctly. At least you could change the thread's subject to get her name right.

As far as her pro-gun feelings are concerned, she hasn't got any.

wellerjohn
03-27-2010, 1:45 AM
At this point in time I am a single issue voter. After what Arnold did to us, why would we want Meg who is known as anti 2 amendment? As things sit right now Jerry Browns got my vote.....yuk.

Can'thavenuthingood
03-27-2010, 7:15 AM
She's toast.

Support Paycheck
Protection (http://www.megwhitman.com/userfiles/pdfs/policy_agenda.pdf)
Meg supports union members
having direct control over how
their dues money is spent on
political activities.

As governor, Meg will:

Impose Tougher
Workfare Requirements (http://www.megwhitman.com/userfiles/pdfs/policy_agenda.pdf)
Only 22 percent of ablebodied,
work-eligible welfare
recipients are working for their
benefits in California. Meg will
institute tighter workfare requirements
and more stringent
penalties for recipients who
refuse to work.

Require Welfare
Recipients to Earn a GED (http://www.megwhitman.com/userfiles/pdfs/policy_agenda.pdf)
Meg believes that it is vitally
important for welfare recipients
to gain the educational skills
they need to become gainfully
employed. As part of her commitment
to elevating the importance
of education in California,
she will place a new emphasis
on requiring welfare recipients
to obtain a GED if they don’t
already have a high school
diploma.

Reduce the Lifetime
Welfare Limit from Five
Years to Two (http://www.megwhitman.com/userfiles/pdfs/policy_agenda.pdf)
California is one of nine states
that continue to provide cash
welfare benefits after a recipient
has reached the five-year lifetime
limit established by federal law.
Meg will reduce the five-year
limit to two years and ensure
that it is strictly enforced.

The spending is in the Assembly and Senate, who controls those?

Vick

1911_sfca
03-27-2010, 8:22 AM
I listened to an interview she gave on NPR last night. She had some great ideas about stopping any new regulation, looking at the laws we have and removing ones that don't make sense, and reducing the barriers to doing business in California. Her concepts on fiscal discipline sounded realistic and if implemented, very positive for our state.

She didn't talk about 2A during the interview, but from the written comments I've seen her make, it doesn't sound like she's anti-gun, but rather uninformed and speaking off the cuff about what makes sense. Rather than having some dogma, it sounds like she just needs a good education on the subject. Has anyone from Calguns reached out to her or her campaign on the subject? This would jive very well with her "no new regulations" and removing nonsense laws stance. If she knew how bad the gun laws were here, and maybe had a chance to go shooting and learn about gun rights, she seems like a reasonable person who might form some good opinions on the subject.

So far I am up in the air regarding Brown vs. Whitman. But then as you can probably guess I'm not a single issue voter. :-)

Ironmany2k
03-30-2010, 5:15 PM
Meg Whitman & Chuck DeVore will be on Hannity on Fox News Network today at 6:00 PM. Sorry for the late notice.

inbox485
03-30-2010, 7:54 PM
Has anybody from CG formally asked Whitman to take a stand on gun control?

Perhaps a no new restrictions pledge? Perhaps a private trip to a range even?

I know a lot of people want to vote for Brown because he is progun but is that worth being taxed and regulated into unemployment and poverty? The more I think about it, if losing everything just to have one of the handful of safeguards that are available be secured safeguard against new gun laws was worth it, I could literally walk to Arizona and have it and much more.

dunndeal
03-30-2010, 8:56 PM
[QUOTE=inbox485;4043605
I know a lot of people want to vote for Brown because he is progun but is that worth being taxed and regulated into unemployment and poverty?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. JB has become quite pragmatic since his Moonbeam days. As Mayor of Oakland for 8 years I watched him work hand in hand with developers to revive downtown Oakland. He did as much or more for the city than the previous 30 years worth of mayors did. It was a difficult task given that Oakland had lost tens of thousands of well paying industrial jobs since the 70's.

I'm not saying that I'll vote for him but he's not the out of touch whacko he might have been decades ago.

drclark
03-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Right now I am leaning toward JB. Assuming for the moment that Meg is a true fiscal conservative, I just don't think she can accomplish any of her stated campaign goals given the legislative branch we currently have. For all the hoopla that Arnold ran on being fiscally conservative, state spending actually increased at a rate equal to or better than it did under Davis. Arnold has not been able to accomplish anything with respect to restructuring CA budget, spending or revenue streams. All he really has been able to accomplish is to continue to push the coming bankruptcy crisis down the road 1 year at a time using bonds, accounting gimmicks while still managing to raise state income and sales tax. Can anyone who is a MEG supporter please explain to me how she will be able to convince our legislature to change their spending ways? The only way I can see she could is to promise to sign every piece of gun control legislation the assembly throws out in exchange for some "pro-business" concessions.

Right now, the Governor spot is the only thing we have between the legislature and a whole slew of gun laws. Arnold signed alot of garbage, but it could have been alot worse if a Davis or Feinstein were in that spot instead and I'm convinced that the gun laws he did sign were part of brokered deals to get some of the stuff he wanted passed. I'd rather stop new legislation with a veto rather than have to fight a lengthy, uncertain fight in the courts.

drc

POLICESTATE
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Where does she stand on gun control? Here:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-13/bay-area/17190174_1_sen-john-mccain-abortion-rights-budget-gap/2
-- Guns: She said she supports Second Amendment rights, but that an assault weapon ban and handgun restrictions are "probably the right thing in California." She does not own a gun.

And here is another little tidbit many of you probably don't know, remember the commie Van Jones? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones if you need to look it up)

Well check this out:
iSn37TMXZO8

inbox485
03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=inbox485;4043605
I know a lot of people want to vote for Brown because he is progun but is that worth being taxed and regulated into unemployment and poverty?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. JB has become quite pragmatic since his Moonbeam days. As Mayor of Oakland for 8 years I watched him work hand in hand with developers to revive downtown Oakland. He did as much or more for the city than the previous 30 years worth of mayors did. It was a difficult task given that Oakland had lost tens of thousands of well paying industrial jobs since the 70's.

I'm not saying that I'll vote for him but he's not the out of touch whacko he might have been decades ago.

AFAIK, Brown hasn't even hinted at signing the no new tax pledge, or backing off from the AB32 global warming bill implementation (in fact one of the few things he is doing as AG is suing cities that aren't keeping up with the implementation). He may not be a hippy nut job, but the more I find out about the guy the more he smells like a nut job.

Right now I am leaning toward JB. Assuming for the moment that Meg is a true fiscal conservative, I just don't think she can accomplish any of her stated campaign goals given the legislative branch we currently have. For all the hoopla that Arnold ran on being fiscally conservative, state spending actually increased at a rate equal to or better than it did under Davis. Arnold has not been able to accomplish anything with respect to restructuring CA budget, spending or revenue streams. All he really has been able to accomplish is to continue to push the coming bankruptcy crisis down the road 1 year at a time using bonds, accounting gimmicks while still managing to raise state income and sales tax. Can anyone who is a MEG supporter please explain to me how she will be able to convince our legislature to change their spending ways? The only way I can see she could is to promise to sign every piece of gun control legislation the assembly throws out in exchange for some "pro-business" concessions.

Right now, the Governor spot is the only thing we have between the legislature and a whole slew of gun laws. Arnold signed alot of garbage, but it could have been alot worse if a Davis or Feinstein were in that spot instead and I'm convinced that the gun laws he did sign were part of brokered deals to get some of the stuff he wanted passed. I'd rather stop new legislation with a veto rather than have to fight a lengthy, uncertain fight in the courts.

drc

I still feel like it is a choice between guns in my safe or food on my table. Arnold was nothing more than an actor. That is what he has always done. He decided to move past movies and play the role of a governor.

Ironmany2k
03-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Arnold was nothing more than an actor. That is what he has always done. He decided to move past movies and play the role of a governor.

I think Arnie tried at first, but after loosing on all his ballot initiatives I think he just caved in and turned left.:(

POLICESTATE
03-31-2010, 12:57 PM
I think Arnie tried at first, but after loosing on all his ballot initiatives I think he just caved in and turned left.:(

Like his liberal wife didn't have anything to do with it?

inbox485
03-31-2010, 4:19 PM

His initial ballot initiatives were designed to hurt the public without affecting the public unions. I don't think he had any idea what he was doing, and when he failed miserably he figured acting the role of a libtard governor was less work and more glamorous. He has never amounted to any more than an actor.

Sgt Raven
03-31-2010, 5:12 PM
His initial ballot initiatives were designed to hurt the public without affecting the public unions. I don't think he had any idea what he was doing, and when he failed miserably he figured acting the role of a libtard governor was less work and more glamorous. He has never amounted to any more than an actor.

But I bet you still voted for him because he had a 'R' next to his name. :rolleyes: :TFH:

inbox485
03-31-2010, 5:58 PM
But I bet you still voted for him because he had a 'R' next to his name. :rolleyes: :TFH:

I couldn't care less what letter was next to his name. The fact that you would think that shows more about you than it does about me. I cared that he was at least pretending to be a fiscal conservative while his competition was campaigning on how much money they would blow.

bwiese
03-31-2010, 6:08 PM
I am Very Confident some more favorable JB pro-gun news will be emerging in the next few days.

dunndeal
03-31-2010, 6:36 PM
He has never amounted to any more than an actor.

And how many Mr Olympia titles has George Clooney won? Harry Belafonte, wasn't he an Olympic sprinter from Jamaica, mon, before he had a love affair with bananas? Let's not forget Jennifer Aniston, she's a real cutie, ,, wtf is she doing now? The woman that her man dumped her for is doing amazing acts of charity to those less blessed than she. For all I know, it could be an image, like Tiger's, however it doesn't seem like it to me.

Lara Croft for Governor, you know damn well she's pro 2-A.

GoodEyeSniper
03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Ugh, my good friend just told me his girlfriend might be heading up some Meg Whitman stuff around our area. To the extent of her being lead organizer either in our city, or larger area.... She's not *just* my friend's girl either. I've known them both since high school, and we hang out quite often.

The sad thing is she's not really into politics, she just stands by the big R symbol...

I am Very Confident some more favorable JB pro-gun news will be emerging in the next few days.

Interested to hear what comes of this.

And how many Mr Olympia titles has George Clooney won? Harry Belafonte, wasn't he an Olympic sprinter from Jamaica, mon, before he had a love affair with bananas? Let's not forget Jennifer Aniston, she's a real cutie, ,, wtf is she doing now? The woman that her man dumped her for is doing amazing acts of charity to those less blessed than she. For all I know, it could be an image, like Tiger's, however it doesn't seem like it to me.

Lara Croft for Governor, you know damn well she's pro 2-A.

Exactly. Arnold was a pretty inspirational guy. Keyword: WAS. but still, he was a very impressive body builder.

Sleepy McGee
03-31-2010, 11:10 PM

I hope so.

I found this on the web about him:

Jerry Brown, when running for AG, pulled a .50 BMG round out of his pocket when debating changes to CA guns laws and talked about how access to such equipment was a threat to civil society. He has opposed making CA a shall issue state. He has never wavered on the CA AWB or single gun a month. I have heard nothing about him opposing the coming restrictions on ammo sales.

Doug L
04-01-2010, 7:51 AM
Now that's scary!!!

Van Jones is a communist lunatic, along with his buddy Barrack.

Well check this out:
iSn37TMXZO8

NorCalMama
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
From the SF Chronicle:

Her position on abortion, 2nd Amendment, funding medical care for illegals, etc are all why I could NEVER vote for her. Not to mention the infamous drool fest she had over Van Jones! She's vile.

inbox485
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
In any case I feel like this is just another false choice election. Do you want arsenic or cyanide?

POLICESTATE
04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
In any case I feel like this is just another false choice election. Do you want arsenic or cyanide?

Cyanide is quicker, I guess Cyanide.

inbox485
04-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Cyanide is quicker, I guess Cyanide.

So it's Cyanide(D) or Arsenic(R).

POLICESTATE
04-01-2010, 11:37 AM
So it's Cyanide(D) or Arsenic(R).

Mmmm Moonbeam Cyanide or Ebay Arsenic... it's a tough choice, but I'm going to have to go with the Moonbeam Cyanide.

Sounds like it might taste a little better during the few moments before it kicks in :thumbsup:

POLICESTATE
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Seriously, how could you NOT vote for Brown? Whitman hasn't inspired anyone to write a classic punk song about her.

quLqEu4mUOU

http://strang.newtomorrow.org/CGN/Californiauberalles_single.jpg

Ike Arumba
04-01-2010, 1:23 PM
most of all, read what it says on her own website about the laws on the books are good already and we don't need any more new gun laws...
http://www.megwhitman.com/platform_topic.php?type=crime&page=3

Right. It says, "At this time, Meg believes that California does not need new gun control measures." Note the weasel words.

Wild Squid
04-01-2010, 9:42 PM
I don't know how she can say she supports 2A rights but also supports strict handgun control. That's pretty contradicting. The right to keep and bear arms does not only apply to hunting rifles. It should apply to weapons we see fit to use to fight against a tyrannical government should that day come. This whole country is really going down the crapper, and if she gets elected, well that will just be the end of it. Anyone with money can then feel they can buy a governorship.

gn3hz3ku1*
04-02-2010, 8:17 AM
she was CEO of ebay.. go try to sell a gun or gun part on ebay :) plus she supported Boxer and amnesty for illegals?

Steve here I come.

vantec08
04-02-2010, 9:12 AM
This Whitman makes these claims about how she will do this and that and the other and not any mention of congress. Until there are serious changes in congress, the Guv. wont have the voting strength in congress to enforce vetoes or even balance a budget. Guv. is less important to me than congress.

Glock22Fan
04-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I saw a Poizner advert on TV (a couple of nights ago) pointing out that Whitman's illegal immigration policy was the same as Obama's. Make 'em pay a fine and give them citizenship.

inbox485
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
I saw a Poizner advert on TV (a couple of nights ago) pointing out that Whitman's illegal immigration policy was the same as Obama's. Make 'em pay a fine and give them citizenship.

fine my butt. Put em in labor camps for 2 years and then catapult them back across the border.

stomper4x4
04-02-2010, 9:22 PM
I know a lot of people want to vote for Brown because he is progun but is that worth being taxed and regulated into unemployment and poverty? The more I think about it, if losing everything just to have one of the handful of safeguards that are available be secured safeguard against new gun laws was worth it, I could literally walk to Arizona and have it and much more.

Regulated into unemployment and poverty are a given. The only thing we have left is to save our guns. The rest is wishful thinking on a good day.

stomper4x4
04-02-2010, 9:37 PM
I like Dale Ogden. Since my vote never matters in this state anyway, I'll just write in this guy.

http://www.daleogden.org/

dark_ninja
04-02-2010, 9:43 PM
I'll run for governor. Who wants to vote for me?

Fatman
04-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Could always try Dale Ogden, Libertarian. At least take a few moments to read up on another choice, please. www.daleogden.org

Doug L
04-05-2010, 4:49 PM

I'll be watching for it.

Will you be posting it when it happens???

NorCalMama
04-05-2010, 4:52 PM
Does Brown's alleged "pro 2nd Amendment" position negate his pro socialist health "care", pro ACORN, and up until 2008, his anti 2nd Amendment history??

mblat
04-05-2010, 4:57 PM
Just Google Meg Whitman and gun control. You will get lots about her anti gun stance. Believes in AW ban and strict handgun controls.

Bluh.... She is a Republican running for a state wide position in CA. She has to be anti-gun publicly, or she has no chance what so ever winning.
"Pro-gun" Jerry Brown used 50-cal ban issues to beat his Republican opponent to the pulp. (during attorney general race )
She may be ant-gun or not. But her stated position don't prove nothing , except the fact that she isn't stupid.

BTW: I am VERY unlikely to vote for her.

POLICESTATE
04-05-2010, 4:58 PM
Hoping to hear something good in the upcoming election.

NorCalMama
04-05-2010, 5:05 PM

JB "believed" in the AW ban as well. Those pesky cop killing .50 cals you know! :rolleyes:
http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=4776

We have a HORRIBLE choice this year and it scares me to think either Brown or Whitman can win. And NO, Brown is NOT a friend of ours. I'm shocked at how easily deceived many seem to be.

wellerjohn
04-05-2010, 7:50 PM

That's the damn truth!

Canute
04-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm Pro-2A. How do I run?

bwiese
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
JB "believed" in the AW ban as well. Those pesky cop killing .50 cals you know! :rolleyes:
http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=4776

We have a HORRIBLE choice this year and it scares me to think either Brown or Whitman can win. And NO, Brown is NOT a friend of ours. I'm shocked at how easily deceived many seem to be.

You're telling me I'm deceived?

The 50BMG issue was thrown up by Chuck Poochigian.
He was warned by folks close to the NRA to NOT bring it up - it was stupid. He did, and he threw a pass to his opponent who ran with the ball.

No sensible CA politician (i.e., one that wants to win) is EVER gonna say "Repeal the 50BMG ban in CA".

JB will be shortly showing us another favor that should convince some naysayers although those that have gunrights only as a second issue to their other concerns may not care.

bwiese
04-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Does Brown's alleged "pro 2nd Amendment" position negate his pro socialist health "care", pro ACORN, and up until 2008, his anti 2nd Amendment history??

I'm generally a gun-only voter. F**k everything else.

Whatever screws up in gov't somehow I manage to take care of myself.

And Gene, I and a few others here are much more aware of his pro-2nd amend background than others repeating some claptrap.

NorCalMama
04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm generally a gun-only voter. F**k everything else.

Whatever screws up in gov't somehow I manage to take care of myself.

And Gene, I and a few others here are much more aware of his pro-2nd amend background than others repeating some claptrap.

Unfortunately, that's why we're in the mess we're in. People get tunnel visioned on issues because they are VERY passionate, and in terms of the 2nd Amendment, it's a vital thing to have passion over, but there is far more going on that "just" an attack on our RKBA.
Ultimately, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Zomgie
04-06-2010, 2:26 PM
Thanks for that Dale Ogden link. The more I read on his site the more I like this guy.

+Very pro-2A
+Bring public sector wages in line w/ private
+Reduce spending to 1998 (adjusted) levels
+Make legislature part-time
+Remove the government meddling that's handicapping our schools
+Standard libertarian 'Smaller is better' government ideals

I'm not sure I like his idea to repeal the carbon limit laws, which I generally think are needed, but when was the last time you only saw one thing you didn't like about a politician? Too bad this guy won't win...

esnyderr
04-06-2010, 3:01 PM
carbon limit laws are a complete scam along with anything related to global warming

jnojr
04-06-2010, 3:03 PM
Could always try Dale Ogden, Libertarian. At least take a few moments to read up on another choice, please. www.daleogden.org

That's probably who I'll be voting for.

No more lesser evils.

Sgt Raven
04-06-2010, 3:05 PM
Unfortunately, that's why we're in the mess we're in. People get tunnel visioned on issues because they are VERY passionate, and in terms of the 2nd Amendment, it's a vital thing to have passion over, but there is far more going on that "just" an attack on our RKBA.
Ultimately, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

We're in the mess we're in because so many people vote 'R' or 'D' instead of looking at the stance of the candidate. :rolleyes:

Window_Seat
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I just got off the phone with one of her staff workers, and she told me that Meg Whitman is very much pro-2a, and does not support any of the failed gun control policies. Not sure what to believe here.

Erik.

winnre
04-13-2010, 2:45 PM
Of course if you call her office and ask about the 2nd Amendment they will say she is for it. The only people who call it the 2nd Amendment are those who are FOR it.

It's be interesting for somene to call and ask "What is Meg going to do about those evil guns in this stare?" and see if the political staff speaks out of both sides of their mouth and promises both isders everything just to get in office.

Soldier415
04-13-2010, 3:11 PM
I am leaning heavily towards JB. He has shown that he can look objectively at an issue and err on the side of the rule of law rather than his personal beliefs or those of his political party.

I have seen boobs at a topless bar that were less fake than Meg

Bearclaw
04-13-2010, 6:54 PM
I am leaning heavily towards JB. He has shown that he can look objectively at an issue and err on the side of the rule of law rather than his personal beliefs or those of his political party.

I have seen boobs at a topless bar that were less fake than Meg

I'm not sold on JB yet, but I gotta agree with the Meg comment!

five.five-six
04-13-2010, 6:55 PM
just had to say this about meg.... heck, I'll let her speak for herself

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6954/megwhitman.jpg

Bearclaw
04-13-2010, 6:58 PM
5.56.....very well put!

POLICESTATE
04-13-2010, 7:08 PM
I just got off the phone with one of her staff workers, and she told me that Meg Whitman is very much pro-2a, and does not support any of the failed gun control policies. Not sure what to believe here.

Erik.

Call back tomorrow and say you're a concerned citizen about gun violence and what Meg Whitman intends to do about it.

BluNorthern
04-13-2010, 7:18 PM
5.56... I also agree, well stated. Her Ebay policies regarding firearms and even some kind of knives speak volumes about her true feelings and most likely her true policies once she was to get into a position of implementation.

POLICESTATE
04-13-2010, 7:20 PM
You also can't forget about her going all gaga over the communist Van Jones and some of her positions on things like public funding for abortions. It's all here in this thread.

This candidate is not any sort of republican party candidate, she's a total rhino. I understand the RNC thinks they have to have a candidate in California that has a chance of winning but come on, you can't do a deal with the devil and expect to get anything out of it.

JustinStrife
04-13-2010, 9:19 PM
I like Dale Ogden. Since my vote never matters in this state anyway, I'll just write in this guy.

http://www.daleogden.org/

This might be who I pull the lever for.

Don't like JB or MW

five.five-six
04-13-2010, 9:25 PM
You also can't forget about her going all gaga over the communist Van Jones and some of her positions on things like public funding for abortions. It's all here in this thread.

This candidate is not any sort of republican party candidate, she's a total rhino. I understand the RNC thinks they have to have a candidate in California that has a chance of winning but come on, you can't do a deal with the devil and expect to get anything out of it.

rhino, heck, she'd pass as a PUMA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_United_Means_Action)

POLICESTATE
04-13-2010, 9:30 PM
rhino, heck, she'd pass as a PUMA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_United_Means_Action)

I don't know, she's not that attractive for a cougar :rolleyes:

On another note, I'm getting tired of all these weird animal names for everything. I'm really just going to have to start using one animal for ALL politicians: Jack ***.

The only exception I will make is for REPRESENTATIVES. Everyone else is a jackass regardless of party affiliation.

Wow that makes it a lot easier for me to track these candidates now:

Jerry Brown: Jack ***
Meg Whitman: Jack ***
Steve Poizner: Jack ***
and the list goes on and on and on and on...

Window_Seat
04-13-2010, 9:49 PM
Call back tomorrow and say you're a concerned citizen about gun violence and what Meg Whitman intends to do about it.

I will do that, from a different phone line. Why I didn't think of that sooner...:confused:

Erik.

warbird
04-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Meg Whitman is anti 2nd Amendment and Jerry Brown is our "favorite" control freak with the approved gun list. It is beginning to look like we are about to get screwed by both parties big time. Meg is not promising to drop, recind, hold the line, or eliminate taxes for the average guy and Jerry has a huge record of tax increases any place he goes. If either of these people get into the governor's office we are going to have a very hard time in california both on taxes and guns. Republicans are practically begging people to hammer the Republican party to find someone else but Meg said she would spend between 50-60 million of her own money to get the nod. Does anyone think either party has the guts to go with someone else? I don't and we need a viable thrid candidate to work for.

POLICESTATE
04-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I will do that, from a different phone line. Why I didn't think of that sooner...:confused:

Erik.

Post back what they say, would be best if the same staffer answers the phone but it probably won't matter too much.

advocatusdiaboli
04-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Wow that makes it a lot easier for me to track these candidates now:
Jerry Brown: Jack ***
Meg Whitman: Jack ***
Steve Poizner: Jack ***
and the list goes on and on and on and on...

Now your are catching on. It's not about ideals, It's not about ethics. It's not about morals. It's not about parties. It's not about religion. It's not about right to life or abortion rights. And it's sure as hell ain't about you or us. It's about money for both parties. They think of us as the dumb whores they have to pay off cheaply and fool periodically so the can get elected and take care of their real friends--the one they see at the dinners and other more important events--the ones who pay for their campaigns.

Window_Seat
04-14-2010, 6:43 AM
Gene Hoffman... I'm writing him in.:44::79:

Erik.

javalos
04-14-2010, 6:46 AM
I'm a single issue voter in Kalifornia. I want a governor that will veto any and all proposed gun control bills. Meg dreaming if she thinks she will rein in state government spending, not with the extreme left tax and spenders dominating the state assembly and senate. But a governor that is for our 2A rights can veto any proposed gun control bill that reaches the desk.

TWoods450
04-14-2010, 7:06 AM
Meg Whitman I like on some points but a lot I don't, I fear she will run the state like she did Ebay, hell she made a massive acquisition of Skype while with Ebay, basically spent 2.6 billion for the name, didn't read the fine print where the core technologies weren't included, do you want someone in office that can't even read an agreement?

POLICESTATE
04-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Erik.

Any luck yet?

warbird
04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A DECENT CANDIDATE IN THIS STATE? For our sanity there has to be someone out there the common people can get behind who will defend our rights. Are we that morally bankrupt? Maybe I don't want to know that answer (LOL). But honestly folks we are in some deep brown stuff right now and those jerks in the capitol are going to come back on us with more taxes to try and bail themselves out.

POLICESTATE
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
It's going to take getting more conservatives in the state, and also maybe getting some of the moderate liberals to realize how extreme their leadership has gotten as well, get them to come over to our side.

Window_Seat
04-14-2010, 1:06 PM
I posed as an "anti", and her staff worker told me that she feels Meg Whitman would be against CCW SI, although she would also not support any future gun control legislation. Everytime I asked a question, she would put me on hold, and come back with a pre-formatted answer, for example, when I said "these open carriers are going around with their guns on their hips" (ETA, although in real life, I'm not for OC right now until CGN/F sanctions an event), she would come back and say she doesn't support any legislation that takes away a person's 2nd Amendment (and I hadn't mentioned the 2nd). The only thing she gave me that was more definitive was that she feels that Whitman would be against CCW. With her, it will be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Erik.

Window_Seat
04-14-2010, 1:31 PM
It's going to take getting more conservatives in the state, and also maybe getting some of the moderate liberals to realize how extreme their leadership has gotten as well, get them to come over to our side.

What it's going to take is new lawmakers who will be willing to recognize failed policy and reverse it accordingly. When I call people, I mention it as failed policy that needs to be reversed. My bro is an anti (he doesn't like ARs, AKs, etc.), but he favors HG SICCW. We need more of his kind for starters. It took baby steps to completely erode our 2A. It will take the same to restore it in it's original condition.

Erik.

winnre
04-14-2010, 3:00 PM
Clint Eastwood, Arnold.... have we not learned that actors are probably not good politicians?

POLICESTATE
04-14-2010, 4:20 PM
I posed as an "anti", and her staff worker told me that she feels Meg Whitman would be against CCW SI, although she would also not support any future gun control legislation. Everytime I asked a question, she would put me on hold, and come back with a pre-formatted answer, for example, when I said "these open carriers are going around with their guns on their hips" (ETA, although in real life, I'm not for OC right now until CGN/F sanctions an event), she would come back and say she doesn't support any legislation that takes away a person's 2nd Amendment (and I hadn't mentioned the 2nd). The only thing she gave me that was more definitive was that she feels that Whitman would be against CCW. With her, it will be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Erik.

Interesting, not quite what I expected except for the CCW part. Weird that she had to go get answers though. Thanks for following up!

Doug L
04-15-2010, 7:24 PM
...I want a governor that will veto any and all proposed gun control bills. Meg [is] dreaming if she thinks she will rein in state government spending, not with the extreme left tax and spenders dominating the state assembly and senate. But a governor that is for our 2A rights can veto any proposed gun control bill that reaches the desk.

This is the $64,000 question. Does she have the guts to veto wacky, insane, looney Democrat bills, even if she is so inclined???
Most corporate types don't.

Arnold could have stopped most of the Democrat madness, if he had had the balls to veto their bills.

WarEagle
04-15-2010, 8:25 PM

That and the fact that she actively supported and donated the maximum amount to Barbara Boxer's 2004 re-election campaign. Barbara Boxer is everything that is wrong with California and Meg Whitman is everything that is wrong with GOP politicians in California. How can you defend supporting Babs?

vantec08
04-15-2010, 8:47 PM
Vetoes are only as good as the congressional votes to enforce them. Until there is a MAJOR turnover in congress, zero plus zero still equals zero. I am waiting for some "journalist" to ask ole Meg "say, Meg .. . you are going to do all these things. Has it yet occurred to you that you have a congress to deal with?" Bill Emerson got elected from my district. We did our part here.