PDA

View Full Version : 22 mins for a CCW

khw9mm
03-25-2010, 4:09 PM
Not sure if someone already posted this but here's another negative, anti-gun article....man, if this guy can't load a pistol even after an "introductory handgun lesson" he's got some problems. Also like the "constant state of paranoia" part....makes no sense but hilarious! Notice how it says "never going to happen to 'most' people. The minute it happens to them, they'll realize the importance of a firearm to save lives. Sorry, just hate reading negative articles as such.

If someone already posted, MOD, please delete. Thanks!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35839541/ns/us_news-life/

SmokinMr2
03-25-2010, 5:03 PM
I didn't really see it as anti gun so much as it could have been.
This is his 3rd gun article in 2 days. Wonder what's up?..

RomanDad
03-25-2010, 5:19 PM
“Do you want to live in a constant state of paranoia, which is what a lot of these people do?” asked the center’s legislative director, Kristen Rand. “To plan that you’re going to be confronted by some time and need to use deadly force, that’s never going to happen to most people.
Yet the VPC lives in a state of CONSTANT PARANOIA where theyre terrified of inanimate objects, when in fact, most people will never be accosted by somebody with a gun either.

crackerman
03-25-2010, 5:23 PM
This is his 3rd gun article in 2 days. Wonder what's up?..
I think he is leading upto something bad. Don't trust MSNBC at all. Only reason to watch the network is To catch a predator and Lockup.

The title is so misleading it barely should qualify as journalism.

"22 minutes for a concealed-weapon permit..." leaving out Oh and 30 days to background me and make sure I was telling the truth.

He kinda left out an important bit.

Glock22Fan
03-25-2010, 5:24 PM
Yet the VPC lives in a state of CONSTANT PARANOIA where theyre terrified of inanimate objects, when in fact, most people will never be accosted by somebody with a gun either.

But when they do, it is unlikely to be by someone who means them no harm, that's the silly thing about it all.

You never need a firearm until you really, really need one.

And most people will never need need fire insurance either, but I don't see anyone setting up any kind of organization to try to prevent people buying it and calling them paranoid if they insist on having it.

CnCFunFactory
03-25-2010, 5:36 PM
It's their big push to show guns/gun owners/ccw are bad so that the can finally take them all! :TFH: :smilielol5:

Scratch705
03-25-2010, 5:42 PM
its the media. it is all about sensationalizing, and shock factor.

facts and truth doesn't sell. violence, fear, sex sells. as they say "if it bleeds, it leads"

HondaMasterTech
03-25-2010, 10:40 PM
There is nothing more important to me than the lives of myself, my family and my fellow innocent human beings. Having a gun is something that actually helps create a comfortable environment. It is a tool that gives reassurance to an individual that they have the power to protect themselves, their family and possibly other innocent people around them. Guns shouldn't create paranoia, they should help stop it.