PDA

View Full Version : remove please

1-shot-1-kill
03-25-2010, 3:28 PM
got what i needed

SteveH
03-25-2010, 3:31 PM
It probably results in a decrease is muzzle flash which makes it a flash supressor in function. So i wouldnt use it on a featurless build.

My bigger worry is if it looks like a "silencer" the cops are going to assume its a silencer until some expert tells the otherwise.

bwiese
03-25-2010, 4:05 PM
I have ZERO idea why people want fake cans, added bbl weight/warpage, etc.

Just think - you're in a traffic stop and you already may have to explain details of OLL laws to the cop. You're already under stress, and you've just created some other thing for the cop to at least "seize to investigate".

If your carbine's effective barrel length goes from 16" to 22", have you thought about getting a real 20" barrel to get extra velocity?

Geez. Must be the incursion of the Airsoft crowd.

BigBamBoo
03-25-2010, 4:39 PM

cdtx2001
03-25-2010, 4:44 PM
Where is "fake can" on the mall ninja check list?

I wouldn't even bother. If it has no real use and is just for looks, why tow it around.It's kind of like putting a hat on a pig, looks good but it really doesn't impress anybody.

And while you're at it, dump the 10/20 and 10/30 mags too.

Stockton
03-25-2010, 4:56 PM
Regardless of YOUR reasons for wanting one .... it is legal to put one on.

CHS
03-25-2010, 4:58 PM
i got a fake silencer its just a can welded at both ends just a can with a tube through it mostly for cosmetic looks how ever its threaded to match up to a 1/2 x 28 pre ban ar which i have i have a stag and a su16 ca made by keltec
again it does nothing except make my 16 in carbine a 22in carbine it 6 in long
so my question is is it legal to have on my ar build/s i looked on the doj site its very ify to say the least but have talked to a few ffl gun shops most say its ok both my rifles are pre ban setups
anyone know the legality of it
its not a real suppressor just a prop for cosmetics

Please pause, take a breath, and maybe re-edit your post with some PERIODS.

Also, learn basic grammar and how to spell. This is one of the most atrocious posts I've read all year.

IrishPirate
03-25-2010, 5:50 PM
well my opinion has been stated by others already so i'll just answer the question (since only one other person has so far)

it's legal, knock yourself out. Ignore the haters (of which this site has plenty) and do whatever the hell you want since it's perfectly legal. Your reasons are your own and you shouldn't have to justify them. It's the internet, don't worry about making friends. In fact, do it just to piss all the haters off. Have fun before Obama taxes those who have more than an average amount of fun each year.

EBR Works
03-25-2010, 6:00 PM

Also, learn basic grammar and how to spell. This is one of the most atrocious posts I've read all year.

I usually despise annoyingly poor punctuation and spelling, but I thought his post was well formatted and readable. I have seen much worse. Apparently, you have never used the text feature of your cell phone where punctuation is optional and really wastes time. He may be posting this from his cell phone as well....

Now on the subject of fake cans, I don't care for them on weapons unless they are there to meet Cali weapon OAL or permanent barrel OAL requirements.

As to fake cans elsewhere,......what's not to like? :thumbsup:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/pamela%20anderson%20canadian%20seal%20hunt.jpg

gvbsat
03-25-2010, 6:02 PM

Just wondering, do you need periods to stop and breath, or do you take all rests from reading only when proper grammar is used??

gvbsat
03-25-2010, 6:04 PM
I usually despise annoyingly poor punctuation and spelling, but I thought his post was well formatted and readable. I have seen much worse. Apparently, you have never used the text feature of your cell phone where punctuation is optional and really wastes time. He may be posting this from his cell phone as well....

Now on the subject of fake cans, I don't care for them on weapons unless they are there to meet Cali weapon OAL or permanent barrel OAL requirements.

As to fake cans elsewhere,......what's not to like? :thumbsup:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/pamela%20anderson%20canadian%20seal%20hunt.jpg

I guess you have never seen how they actually "enhance" the breasts. Or maybe you have never seen what happens when they start to go "bad".

Ruiner
03-25-2010, 6:06 PM
My 10/30 pmags have been my most reliable mags, which is why I use them. I had 10/20s but that had issues. If they made true 10 round Pmags, Id be all over that in a heartbeat. Til then, my 10/30s get the most use. I also have some old bushmaster 10 rd mags that have been 100% reliable, but those are technically also 10/20s as they use a 20rd mag body permanently modified to hold 10.

Kharn
03-25-2010, 6:10 PM
Be very careful about a hollow fake silencer. ATF is very disapproving of them, as someone could angle a bit in from the ends and allow gas into the chamber. That is why ATF-approved fake suppressors are usually solid nylon.

Grakken
03-25-2010, 6:44 PM
Is this place not a place to come and ask questions regarding legalities of things related to firearms? configurations?

At least he is asking before doing. So many people don't even do that. If it is legal, it's legal. Right? If it is not, then let a mutha know. Keep the snide comments for the anti's.

Some of you do real work around here and I appreciate that 200% but educate, don't alienate. :gunsmilie:

Sniper3142
03-25-2010, 9:36 PM
I have no idea why someone would put a fake can on an OLL rifle.

HOWEVER...

If (as the OP stated), one has a Registered AW, then they can (and should) make it as EVIL as POSSIBLE!!

I plan on making one of my RAWs into the MOST EVIL looking rifle in the history of the World!!! I'll be adding a Spikes Tactical 37mm Flare launcher and a fake can to it's existing evilness.

:D

Why???

A. Because I can.
B. Because it will scare/anger the antis.
C. Because it will cause small kittens all over the world to spontaneously combust.
D. Because it will cause some people to think it is illegal and try to give me trouble.
E. Because I LIKE TROUBLE.

If my weapons are legal, then I DO NOT CARE who it offends or pisses off. I am not afraid of someone who doesn't know the law giving me trouble.

I will give him/her/them an education.

;)

No... I'm not rich. But I DO NOT back down from BULLIES. I've fought them all my life and will continue to do so.

CHS
03-25-2010, 9:39 PM
If (as the OP stated), one has a Registered AW, then they can (and should) make it as EVIL as POSSIBLE!!

I hate to break it to you, but a fake can IS NOT an evil feature.

It's not a feature at all, in fact. It's just an attachment that is not regulated by law at all. A flash suppressor is in fact more "evil" than a fake can.

bondmid003
03-25-2010, 9:52 PM
Impacto, nice one

Man this guy got lit up by the peanut gallery

Sniper3142
03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I hate to break it to you, but a fake can IS NOT an evil feature.

It's not a feature at all, in fact. It's just an attachment that is not regulated by law at all. A flash suppressor is in fact more "evil" than a fake can.

Oh I know...

But building the MOST EVIL rifle isn't just about features... it is also about looks! :)

rod
03-26-2010, 5:38 AM
Actually....a hat on a pig WOULD impress me. :)

Here you go....http://i39.tinypic.com/n703s4.jpg

bluestaterebel
03-26-2010, 8:59 AM

LMAO!

Blackhawk556
03-26-2010, 10:55 AM
I have ZERO idea why people want fake cans, added bbl weight/warpage, etc.

Just think - you're in a traffic stop and you already may have to explain details of OLL laws to the cop. You're already under stress, and you've just created some other thing for the cop to at least "seize to investigate".

If your carbine's effective barrel length goes from 16" to 22", have you thought about getting a real 20" barrel to get extra velocity?

Geez. Must be the incursion of the Airsoft crowd.

lol i've read several posts where bwiese just creams people who want to put evil features on their ARs:p

hey bwiese, if you hate when people think of things like this, why don't you cream them for building OLL??
Seriously, many LEOs don't keep up with laws so ANY OLL will make them question you.

REH
03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Where is "fake can" on the mall ninja check list?

I wouldn't even bother. If it has no real use and is just for looks, why tow it around.It's kind of like putting a hat on a pig, looks good but it really doesn't impress anybody.

And while you're at it, dump the 10/20 and 10/30 mags too.

I think I would be more impressed with the person who got the hat on the pig.

Sniper3142
03-26-2010, 2:37 PM

I gotta admit, that is one sharp looking pig. :D

pratchett
03-26-2010, 2:58 PM
A fake suppressor on a firearm does the same thing as a spoiler on any vehicle on the road: nothing. But, if the kool-aid tastes good, drink it. Why anyone would give a gnat's bung what anyone does to his or her own personal property is beyond me. There must be some nanny-state cooties rubbing off on people.

Note to OP -- Punctuation: it does a body good.

bwiese
03-26-2010, 4:42 PM
lol i've read several posts where bwiese just creams people who want to put evil features on their ARs:p

Only stupid features that, if functional, are covered by separate areas of law.

hey bwiese, if you hate when people think of things like this, why don't you cream them for building OLL??

Um, because I was one of the half-dozen folks helping get the OLL revolution in full swing.

Because I want as many folks to have OLLs with as little trouble as possible.

And because the goal is legit functional OLL guns with max capabilities and shootability, not airsoft crap. If you want a longer barrel, get a longer barrel.

The further goal is that mass OLL ownership may well be helpful in taking down the AW laws.

Seriously, many LEOs don't keep up with laws so ANY OLL will make them question you.

OLLs are getting much better traction with LE agencies now. Throwing a fake can on, or a full-auto marking on the receiver, just pushes things into the unnecessary-drama territory.

woodsman
03-26-2010, 4:49 PM
Murphy loves this kind of stuff!

hollabillz
03-26-2010, 5:15 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/DrThunder88/bananarepublic.png

unusedusername
03-26-2010, 5:41 PM
As far as fake cans go, I've seen one interesting design.

Someone makes one for a Saiga-12 that slips over the barrel so that it does not add extra length. It also keeps you from burning yourself when the barrel gets super-hot when you dump a 10-round mag at a single clay while "skeet shooting". :p

And, yes, they are also legal (though not useful) on shotguns.

http://www.alumaliteusa.com/images/pix488982328.jpg (http://www.alumaliteusa.com)

woodey
03-26-2010, 6:05 PM
Is this place not a place to come and ask questions regarding legalities of things related to firearms? configurations?

At least he is asking before doing. So many people don't even do that. If it is legal, it's legal. Right? If it is not, then let a mutha know. Keep the snide comments for the anti's.

Some of you do real work around here and I appreciate that 200% but educate, don't alienate. :gunsmilie:

Ditto, this is a tough crowd:eek:

L4D
03-26-2010, 6:13 PM
Whats funny is if we were allowed to have real cans we wouldn't be F'n around with fake ones. I bought a spikes can, I thought it looked good but it was so heavy I sold it.

Blackhawk556
03-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Only stupid features that, if functional, are covered by separate areas of law.

The further goal is that mass OLL ownership may well be helpful in taking down the AW laws.
OLLs are getting much better traction with LE agencies now. Throwing a fake can on, or a full-auto marking on the receiver, just pushes things into the unnecessary-drama territory.

hey bweise what about this

a friend bought a OLL from a local gun store that was selling OLL which on one side have no markings, just the serial number, and on the other side
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/du9207/Savage%20arms/photo.jpg

i told him not to buy it but he says he got a "good deal"