View Full Version : hunting at Grizzly Island in Suisun, CA?

03-25-2010, 2:00 PM
has anybody had any experience hunting there?

i just checked this place out yesterday, but nobody was working at the visitor's station so i couldn't really get any info about hunting there.

i was planning to go there to do some rabbit hunting with my shotgun starting july 1st and maybe some waterfowl hunting once the season arrives. i heard though, you can't shoot rifles in that area, just shotgun and bows for hunting.

any thoughts or tips hunting at Grizzly Island would be great!

03-25-2010, 2:26 PM
All's I know about it is a lot of the guys go there for waterfowl. Most likely it's no rifles, but I don't know for sure. I'm sure someone will chime in with better info.

03-25-2010, 2:30 PM
Since this is a state game refuge, I would take a look over on the state Fish and game website and see if you can narrow it down to that property... or..

That should bring you to the Grizzly Island refuge rules and regs.. there is also a generally good site here that covers the state regions:

Hope this helps.

03-25-2010, 7:57 PM
There are Limited draw (think winning the lottery) Elk Hunts on Grizzly island with a rifle. I don't know about anything else though except about the Elk and you can hunt waterfowl.

03-25-2010, 7:58 PM
hey hornet let me know if your serious, i've been waiting all year for july to come around to do a little rabbit hunting. we can hook up maybe. Plus it's free to shoot rabbits there! Dept. of Fish and Games web site has a lot of info about Grizzley Island.